Check drink package prices!

Mine are both the same. Personally I'd happily hand over my money if the Refreshment package was a decent price like $20.  But at $30 I'll hold on to my money for a year and a half. And then just pay as I go.

They got me to buy the udp  because the price dropped from $215pp to $179pp

But at $30, and cans of water, it's a No-Go.

I'm debating Paying $8 more for the UDP (total for 2)  in order to get a $200 refund.  When I purchased it I did not have enough OBC to cover the cost so used part OBC and $200 to my credit card.  I now have $200 OBC that I could use to purchase it. What to do!!!???

Rhapsody T/A April 2021 drink package is $40/day, don't know if it's smart to fork over $1300+ considering the unsettled state of things and the tremendous excess capacity the company surely will be dealing with...

58 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

Who, besides me, thinks that cruises with the lowest prices for drink packages are the cruises RCI thinks are the most likely to get cancelled? Even if sailing resumes. 

Why would that be?  I don't get the connection at all.

1 hour ago, ATC cruiser said:

Who, besides me, thinks that cruises with the lowest prices for drink packages are the cruises RCI thinks are the most likely to get cancelled? Even if sailing resumes. 

Yes I see your point. My cruise 1 1/2 years away, no change but you can charge low price to get money now KNOWING we (rcl) will cancel anyway and cruise planner items are not transferable just refundable.

BUT that would imply cruising still not at 100% by April 😥

Edited by newcruzer2

1 hour ago, ATC cruiser said:

Might think that but nope! Have multiple 2021 Cruises running at $40 most last 5 months. Too bad dont drink...

3 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Royal enticing people to give them money......I ain't biting. 

Good for you 🙂   We've shifted everything so our next cruise isn't until October 2021.  Not even thinking about pricing anything.

2 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We cancelled our packages last week (still no refund) on Allure October 25.  Package prices now $45 a day plus gratuity. 

M8

We did the L&S for the Oct 25 and Nov1st on May 13th, still waiting for cruise planner purchase refunds. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dinglebert said:

Why would that be?  I don't get the connection at all.

Because they may have a fairly good idea of what ships may or may not still be in the fleet.  Why are they still taking reservations on cruises they know are not going to happen. Even if sailings start the end of September I doubt it’s going to be all the current itineraries. They’re just trying to bring in cash. I’m not saying this is something they’re actually doing, I’m just cynical. 

1 minute ago, ATC cruiser said:

Because they may have a fairly good idea of what ships may or may not still be in the fleet.  Why are they still taking reservations on cruises they know are not going to happen. Even if sailings start the end of September I doubt it’s going to be all the current itineraries. They’re just trying to bring in cash. I’m not saying this is something they’re actually doing, I’m just cynical. 

Still not getting the connection.  People have no idea what the package price is for drink until after they buy the cruise.  It makes no sense to base the future of cruise ships on the price of the drinks package.  The price of the cruise yes.  Have a low price, sucker people into buying it and then cancel the ship hoping that people will move.  However you can't base it on an unknown at the time of booking

I just checked my planner, which I hadn’t done in awhile. I have 3 cruises booked. 2 southern Caribbean, 1 in November, 1 in March. I also have one in February that goes to Cococay. The southern Caribbean cruises have the deluxe package at $41, the Cococay cruise still at $61. I doubt neither of the two are going to go out of Puerto Rico, Cococay maybe. I think it’s just a way for Royal to bring in extra cash. I could be totally wrong too. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, ATC cruiser said:

What ships are you booked on?

Vision 11&10 niters in Nov, Jewel Nov/Dec TA, these 2020 figure prob all lost causes... 2021 Jewel Mar/Apr B4B TA still at $40 staying steady, was up only once. Then 9 more on Brilliance Jun/July, Aug/Sep, Nov. These been $42-$61 w/prices up and down depending date & sale... Though don't drink and bring Mt Dew on board since 1990 usually still buy Soda Plan. 5 Months ago was running at $13.50+tips a day for 2021, now have multiple Cruises purchased at $6.99-8.50 a day, a better rate when have 70+ nites booked. We'll see how many actually sail...

Edited by ONECRUISER