Did this happen to you?

Airheights

My August Carnival Vista sailing was cancelled. I elected to get future FCC and OBC. But I just noticed Carnival refunded my cruise. Deposits. And excursion funds. What happened? Am I out of luck on that extra $600 OBC? I’m of course hoping they don’t file for bankruptcy, as I’d rather cruise, BUT maybe I lucked out in that regard if it does happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

I can't speak to the deposit piece, but the website does say this:

Regardless of the option you select, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Airheights said:

My August Carnival Vista sailing was cancelled. I elected to get future FCC and OBC. But I just noticed Carnival refunded my cruise. Deposits. And excursion funds. What happened? Am I out of luck on that extra $600 OBC? I’m of course hoping they don’t file for bankruptcy, as I’d rather cruise, BUT maybe I lucked out in that regard if it does happen.

Filing for bankruptcy doesn’t mean you wouldn’t be cruising. Many companies, especially those in the travel industry, operate under bankruptcy. 

Filing for bankruptcy doesn’t mean you wouldn’t be cruising. Many companies, especially those in the travel industry, operate under bankruptcy. 

Good point on bankruptcy. I did expect the other refunds, port fees, etc. I just didn’t expect a full cruise refund.

8 minutes ago, Airheights said:

Good point on bankruptcy. I did expect the other refunds, port fees, etc. I just didn’t expect a full cruise refund.

Trust me on this: be glad you got the refund.

The money is better in your pocket than Carnival’s. You know it is safe and can use it however you want. It’s not locked to a company of which you may not enjoy the modified experience or have an unforeseen thing preventing from using the credit prior to its expiration.

Edited by xDisconnections
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, the_lovely_voyage said:

I can't speak to the deposit piece, but the website does say this:

Regardless of the option you select, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment.

Not true if you apply the funds to a new cruise right away. I did, and everything that I had paid towards the cancelled cruise, including taxes and port fees, was applied to my new cruise. 

Congratulations on getting the refund for a cancelled August cruise especially.  I'd be so grateful. We're still waiting and calling and calling to get refunded for our May cruise that was cancelled in April!  At this point, I'm not even interested in any offer of FCC/OBC.

Edited by Florida Paesano
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Airheights said:

Need to check Travel Insurance exemptions.  Several bankrupt travel providers are on the exemption list.  

My Sept cruise that was cancelled I got the most of my money that was paid via credit card refunded within about 2 weeks. The excursions I paid for via debit card I have yet to get. 

Edited by ccd228
spelling

Did you get all of it back? My TA said that said that carnival wanted to only give me the cancellation penalty amount as a FCC and refund the rest on my canceled August cruise.

Wondering if it’s possible you do have a FCC just a smaller one than you anticipated.

Edited by Saint Greg

7 hours ago, Cruising_Addict said:

Not true if you apply the funds to a new cruise right away. I did, and everything that I had paid towards the cancelled cruise, including taxes and port fees, was applied to my new cruise. 

Me too, my port taxes and fees all transferred to new booking plus what I paid.

• Like 2

Did you get all of it back? My TA said that said that carnival wanted to only give me the cancellation penalty amount as a FCC and refund the rest on my canceled August cruise.

Wondering if it’s possible you do have a FCC just a smaller one than you anticipated.

Got every cent. Full cruise. Port fees. Excursions refunded. Again, i was surprised because I initially wanted FCC and OBC. But I’ll take a full refund.