Omg. Fred have bought the 2 flagships of Holland America! We finally get decent sized ships in the UK!

Chrisifab

I had sent a message to Fred via his fb page regards the smoking policy and if they may consider any changes to it and got a personal phone call from one of their staff in reply.  Must have looked up my phone number on their records, so they will now have me tabbed though THB it is not the first time.

Anyway in reply I was told they have not changed their smoking policy so, as things stand, they will be allowing smoking on all normal balcony cabins on the new ships, though she did also refer to the Lanai cabins, presumably because they are on prom deck where smoking will not be allowed.  She also said if there is any change to their smoking policy then everyone will be told.

Must admit the Lanai do not appeal to us in the way that our own private terrace did and  I do not see how anyone can stop people sitting on the chairs which may be directly outside these cabins - unless Fred makes some sort of adaptations.  I am still feeling a bit wary of the new ships as we would normally book balconies on ships of that sort of size, so may just look to a different cruise line if policy is not changed.  Allowing smoking on just one side of the ship would seem to solve all problems, but they are Fred's ships so it is Fred's decision, which I accept.

I see someone else has beaten me to it, but Cunard have cancelled a lot of cruises until next spring, which I understand is because of the international range of their cruise passengers - information regards that on a thread on the P&O boards.  There is also mention of QE doing cruises from the UK next year, as I have seen other cruise lines saying.  We could end up with quite a good selection of cruises to choose from sailing out of the UK and hence lots of competition between them.  The move seems to be away from basing ships in the far East and other distant parts of the world.   Now all we need is that vaccine..........

Edited by tring

3 hours ago, tring said:

Thanks a lot for your insight, perhaps I am just in an umpty mood 🙂 

It is only with being on the ship we will actually make our own minds up, so will likely try one of them, though I do see Amsterdam has some public space to the rear of a couple of decks, which is taken up with cabins on Rotterdam.  TBH we are not lovers of any ship that we would call big, and that includes the P&O mid sized ships, though we do sail on them sometimes, we found Arcadia particularly closed in.  None seem to have the spaces that can be found on Fred ships if you go up to the very top decks (e.g. deck 9 on Boudicca as well as the wings above pool deck and the two decks above pool deck).  It all depends largely on how many people are on board and the climate, so will have to see.  There is a large pool area which has the optional cover, so it may be that a lot of people use that space and there will not be the competition for the rear deck, that I fear.  We much prefer an open aspect rather than a closed in pool deck, but perhaps just our choice.

We also make good use of observation lounges, but proportionately, they do not seem to be as big as the ones in Black Watch, Boudicca and Balmoral, but again we shall see.  Fred has started having fancy afternoon teas and "cheese and wine events", (which are spaced out right across the front of the observation lounges) when in scenic locations so it can be very difficult to find a place to sit, even before and after the events as they keep the area set up for quite a while before.  We have come to the conclusion that the only way is to pay for the "event" even if we do not really want to partake, just for the sake of getting a chance to sit there.  They are the sort of areas when balconies do not totally work as most only have the view on one side of the ship.  The aft facing balconies would be of interest to us regards that, but can I ask if there is much vibration at the back of Rotterdam (I have seen reports of that)?  I am thinking it would mainly be a problem at lower levels and not bad on Amsterdam as she has pods, which I think are better regards that. 

I think it is difficult to tell from deck plans to be honest and I think the observation bar/lounge will possibly feel much bigger than those on Boudicca and Black Watch, which I felt had a bit of a cramped feel due to their shape. One thing I have read a lot of these ships is that they feel spacious and uncrowded, so fingers crossed. Also, not shown on a lot of deck plans is that there is a forward sundeck located on Deck 10. Another thing I am interested in is what Fred will do with the children's areas on the two new ships. They would have hardly any use most of the year, including an aft terrace area.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, tring said:

Thanks a lot for your insight, perhaps I am just in an umpty mood 🙂 

It is only with being on the ship we will actually make our own minds up, so will likely try one of them, though I do see Amsterdam has some public space to the rear of a couple of decks, which is taken up with cabins on Rotterdam.  TBH we are not lovers of any ship that we would call big, and that includes the P&O mid sized ships, though we do sail on them sometimes, we found Arcadia particularly closed in.  None seem to have the spaces that can be found on Fred ships if you go up to the very top decks (e.g. deck 9 on Boudicca as well as the wings above pool deck and the two decks above pool deck).  It all depends largely on how many people are on board and the climate, so will have to see.  There is a large pool area which has the optional cover, so it may be that a lot of people use that space and there will not be the competition for the rear deck, that I fear.  We much prefer an open aspect rather than a closed in pool deck, but perhaps just our choice.

We also make good use of observation lounges, but proportionately, they do not seem to be as big as the ones in Black Watch, Boudicca and Balmoral, but again we shall see.  Fred has started having fancy afternoon teas and "cheese and wine events", (which are spaced out right across the front of the observation lounges) when in scenic locations so it can be very difficult to find a place to sit, even before and after the events as they keep the area set up for quite a while before.  We have come to the conclusion that the only way is to pay for the "event" even if we do not really want to partake, just for the sake of getting a chance to sit there.  They are the sort of areas when balconies do not totally work as most only have the view on one side of the ship.  The aft facing balconies would be of interest to us regards that, but can I ask if there is much vibration at the back of Rotterdam (I have seen reports of that)?  I am thinking it would mainly be a problem at lower levels and not bad on Amsterdam as she has pods, which I think are better regards that. 

I’m unsure about vibration, but both ships were built for world cruising, so I’d imagine they’re both still very sturdy. Perhaps minimal vibration when docking?

If you like private space and a good view, there are 3 good options that most new passengers won’t be aware of until well into the cruise.

The first is the crows nest. Once you’ve had breakfast in the Lido, come straight past the pool until you get to the entrance of the spa. Take the elevator or stairs one deck up, and you find yourself in the crows nest. It’s used as the nightclub.

During the day however, it offers the best views of anywhere on the ship...even better than the bridge! It’s wider than the bridge, with much bigger windows that give an almost 360 degree view in any weather.

If the weather is nice, you also have an observation deck directly above this (not shown on the deck plan for some strange reason), which is a huge expense of open deck space with glass windbreakers surrounding the entire space. You can set up a deck chair anywhere here and pretend you’re ‘navigating the ship’! 😉

My third and final place for you (and this ones kind of a secret), is that if you come back down the stairs to where the entrance to the Spa is again, you can march right through the gym, and on both the right and left hand side is a small glass door. If you go out of either of these, you will come out into a quite reasonably sized ‘open bridge’ style deck. It’s actually directly above the bridge, so you even have the ‘wings’ as viewing platforms on each side of the ship! You could hide here all day and hardly ever see a soul, as not many people ever find out about it!

You’ll not feel like you’re on a big ship at all, apart from in the beautiful 2 storey dining rooms. They are the only part that I felt gave me an impression of scale; like stepping into a grand ballroom from the 1930s. So beautiful. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Chrisifab said:

I’m unsure about vibration, but both ships were built for world cruising, so I’d imagine they’re both still very sturdy. Perhaps minimal vibration when docking?

If you like private space and a good view, there are 3 good options that most new passengers won’t be aware of until well into the cruise.

The first is the crows nest. Once you’ve had breakfast in the Lido, come straight past the pool until you get to the entrance of the spa. Take the elevator or stairs one deck up, and you find yourself in the crows nest. It’s used as the nightclub.

During the day however, it offers the best views of anywhere on the ship...even better than the bridge! It’s wider than the bridge, with much bigger windows that give an almost 360 degree view in any weather.

If the weather is nice, you also have an observation deck directly above this (not shown on the deck plan for some strange reason), which is a huge expense of open deck space with glass windbreakers surrounding the entire space. You can set up a deck chair anywhere here and pretend you’re ‘navigating the ship’! 😉

My third and final place for you (and this ones kind of a secret), is that if you come back down the stairs to where the entrance to the Spa is again, you can march right through the gym, and on both the right and left hand side is a small glass door. If you go out of either of these, you will come out into a quite reasonably sized ‘open bridge’ style deck. It’s actually directly above the bridge, so you even have the ‘wings’ as viewing platforms on each side of the ship! You could hide here all day and hardly ever see a soul, as not many people ever find out about it!

You’ll not feel like you’re on a big ship at all, apart from in the beautiful 2 storey dining rooms. They are the only part that I felt gave me an impression of scale; like stepping into a grand ballroom from the 1930s. So beautiful. 

Thanks a lot for those tips, as there is an open deck above the Crows nest, that makes a major change for us and is the sort of place we head for on a good day at sea, strange it is not given on the deckplans I have printed out as they seem to be the official HAL ones  🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tring said:

Thanks a lot for those tips, as there is an open deck above the Crows nest, that makes a major change for us and is the sort of place we head for on a good day at sea, strange it is not given on the deckplans I have printed out as they seem to be the official HAL ones  🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

It is strange, I agree.

I’ve prepared this to give you a better idea 🙂 

FA543095-07C9-4787-B38A-8FD5C6599075.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Britboys said:

I think it is difficult to tell from deck plans to be honest and I think the observation bar/lounge will possibly feel much bigger than those on Boudicca and Black Watch, which I felt had a bit of a cramped feel due to their shape. One thing I have read a lot of these ships is that they feel spacious and uncrowded, so fingers crossed. Also, not shown on a lot of deck plans is that there is a forward sundeck located on Deck 10. Another thing I am interested in is what Fred will do with the children's areas on the two new ships. They would have hardly any use most of the year, including an aft terrace area.

Well as I have said in another reply that space, presumably above the crow's nest is a game changer for us, so strange it is not on all deckplans.

As you mention will be interesting seeing Fred's deckplans as well as his pricing structures.  Would be nice to see them before we are re assigned cabins for the cruise as I am thinking it may be best to ask what the cost would be to upgrade to a balcony cabin, but we would want to see the pricing structure before that and if smoking is still allowed on all balconies, which seems likely, it would not be of interest to us anyway.  I do not have an interest in the Lanai cabins as we have been on Prom deck in an outside on another ship and found it very annoying to have people stand with their backs right up to the cabin window.  We would not get a good deal at present, so may be better for us to walk away from the booking and re book next summer when it is clearer what is happening to cruising by then - there could be a lot of ships with a lot of availability.  We have booked on the CMV offer so our deposit is not payable until October, so have nothing to loose.  We booked the cheapest cabin because of the uncertainty, though we have never been on the bottom cabin deck on any ship previously and have not booked an inside for a long time.  The  latest Cunard cancellations today  have made everything seem a lot more long lasting than even I had thought and I am well known for my cautious, more pessimistic, views, in which I have a certain pride, I always say I am never disappointed 🙂    

Edited by tring

I found this, a view from above the Amsterdam.  You'll get a very good idea of that open space above the Crows Nest and also the other "hidden" spots mentioned to go for good viewing.  You'll have fun exploring this ship as there are several places to get to the outside that are not obvious.  Having spent over 900 days on this ship, she's my favorite.  Never felt crowded and lots of places both in and out to hang out in that are quiet.

Screen Shot 2020-08-25 at 10.58.27 AM.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, tring said:

Well as I have said in another reply that space, presumably above the crow's nest is a game changer for us, so strange it is not on all deckplans.

As you mention will be interesting seeing Fred's deckplans as well as his pricing structures.  Would be nice to see them before we are re assigned cabins for the cruise as I am thinking it may be best to ask what the cost would be to upgrade to a balcony cabin, but we would want to see the pricing structure before that and if smoking is still allowed on all balconies, which seems likely, it would not be of interest to us anyway.  I do not have an interest in the Lanai cabins as we have been on Prom deck in an outside on another ship and found it very annoying to have people stand with their backs right up to the cabin window.  We would not get a good deal at present, so may be better for us to walk away from the booking and re book next summer when it is clearer what is happening to cruising by then - there could be a lot of ships with a lot of availability.  We have booked on the CMV offer so our deposit is not payable until October, so have nothing to loose.  We booked the cheapest cabin because of the uncertainty, though we have never been on the bottom cabin deck on any ship previously and have not booked an inside for a long time.  The  latest Cunard cancellations today  have made everything seem a lot more long lasting than even I had thought and I am well known for my cautious, more pessimistic, views, in which I have a certain pride, I always say I am never disappointed 🙂    

Re the Lanai Cabins, I have a cruise buddy that cruised in one of them. As I understand it, there is a pair of Steamer Chairs immediately beside the floor-to-ceiling sliding door out from the cabin, so therefore not very likely that someone would stand with their back right in front of the door. The chairs have something on them to say "This Chair is reserved for Cabin No ***. Doesn't mean no-one would ever sit on the chair but would give the occupant an absolute right to ask them to move.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cruzingnut said:

I found this, a view from above the Amsterdam.  You'll get a very good idea of that open space above the Crows Nest and also the other "hidden" spots mentioned to go for good viewing.

This was my experience sailing on Amsterdam and Rotterdam as well.  One of my favorites were the small open decks on either side of the Spa above the Bridge.  There is an outside stairway down on the Port side of the bridge wing that allows a view into the Bridge.

A word about what I consider is the major differences between the two ships.

The aft pool deck of the Rotterdam was considerably altered by the removal of the regular pool and replacing it with a type of wading pool with loungers within the pool.  This was done because additional staterooms were added below and to the stern of that area.  Many HAL aficionados believe this was a poor decision on the part of the Company.

The other concern are the Lanai Cabins on what was called the Lower Promenade Deck.  While the Amsterdam does not have Lanai Cabins, the cabins on that deck on both ships are much smaller than the other cabins that are listed as "outside cabins" on the decks below this deck.  I had more room in my cabin on the bottom passenger deck, #1840, than my friends did.  I would not book such a cabin, personally.  On the Rotterdam which does have Lanai Cabins, there are two "dedicated" deck chairs for that cabin.  Those locations are the "prime" locations for deck chair use and some fellow guests have been "not pleased" that they were not supposed to use those chairs.  

• Like 1

If your booking is being transferred to these ships consider that they have far more cabins. With the current configuration each ship has room for around 1350 passengers. I wonder if they will sail partly full or if there will be cheaper fares available. I have been on a 72 day cruise on the Amsterdam with only 1000 passengers and there was so much space.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• Like 1

13 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

This was my experience sailing on Amsterdam and Rotterdam as well.  One of my favorites were the small open decks on either side of the Spa above the Bridge.  There is an outside stairway down on the Port side of the bridge wing that allows a view into the Bridge.

A word about what I consider is the major differences between the two ships.

The aft pool deck of the Rotterdam was considerably altered by the removal of the regular pool and replacing it with a type of wading pool with loungers within the pool.  This was done because additional staterooms were added below and to the stern of that area.  Many HAL aficionados believe this was a poor decision on the part of the Company.

The other concern are the Lanai Cabins on what was called the Lower Promenade Deck.  While the Amsterdam does not have Lanai Cabins, the cabins on that deck on both ships are much smaller than the other cabins that are listed as "outside cabins" on the decks below this deck.  I had more room in my cabin on the bottom passenger deck, #1840, than my friends did.  I would not book such a cabin, personally.  On the Rotterdam which does have Lanai Cabins, there are two "dedicated" deck chairs for that cabin.  Those locations are the "prime" locations for deck chair use and some fellow guests have been "not pleased" that they were not supposed to use those chairs.  

Thanks a lot for the comments which are very useful, we were hoping for Amsterdam from Liverpool, but there goes.  Interesting the Lanai cabins are small and the lack of a private area would mean it was not really possible to take room service breakfast outside which we have become quite used to of late, though must admit the Azamara version when the room service steward comes in, places a white cloth on the rather nice balcony table and sets the table up had an edge over Fred 🙂   I have also noted that the Lanai cabins have areas of public deck above that I would not be happy about either, e.g. the theatre and I am thinking the grey space quite above the Lanai cabins further back is quite possibly the kitchens which can be noisy in unsocial hours with trolleys and equipment as well as perhaps getting hotter than other cabins.  I can see the appeal of the cabins, but not all advantageous IMO.

It is sad that Dover is to be used for the old Amsterdam as that is by far the most difficult port for us to get to, as we would have to travel towards London on busy roads and negotiate our way over The Dartford crossing.  Any itinerary change for our cruise will likely make our decision for us, though feeling a bit more inclined to cancel at this stage and re book next year in the light of the new itineraries and how the world is looking.

Edited by tring

5 hours ago, tring said:

Thanks a lot for the comments which are very useful, we were hoping for Amsterdam from Liverpool, but there goes.  Interesting the Lanai cabins are small and the lack of a private area would mean it was not really possible to take room service breakfast outside which we have become quite used to of late, though must admit the Azamara version when the room service steward comes in, places a white cloth on the rather nice balcony table and sets the table up had an edge over Fred 🙂   I have also noted that the Lanai cabins have areas of public deck above that I would not be happy about either, e.g. the theatre and I am thinking the grey space quite above the Lanai cabins further back is quite possibly the kitchens which can be noisy in unsocial hours with trolleys and equipment as well as perhaps getting hotter than other cabins.  I can see the appeal of the cabins, but not all advantageous IMO.

It is sad that Dover is to be used for the old Amsterdam as that is by far the most difficult port for us to get to, as we would have to travel towards London on busy roads and negotiate our way over The Dartford crossing.  Any itinerary change for our cruise will likely make our decision for us, though feeling a bit more inclined to cancel at this stage and re book next year in the light of the new itineraries and how the world is looking.

BOTH Amsterdam and Rotterdam have the Lanai cabins.

Regarding the spaces above, yes, the grey area is kitchen related.  Any number of things will be going on up there including chopping (yep, been there, moved cabins), trolleys rolling, dishes moving, etc.  I had a cabin under there one time and there was chopping ALL night long.   As far as the theater being overhead, unless you go to sleep very early, you shouldn't have a problem.  Of course, what Fred decides to do in that area could be an issue such as rehearsing after the shows rather than before like HAL does. 

Hope this info helps!

Linda R.

Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 10.50.06 AM.png

• Thanks 2

Check carefully what cabin "Fred" has allocated when they change over your booking.from Boudicca and Black Watch to Bolette and Borealis. ( formerly Amsterdam and Rotterdam) 

We have been allocated cabin 3421 on Bolette in place of 3046 on Boudicca but have been told that deck plans will not be available until the 8th of September so we are unable to check what we have been given. 

"Fred" will not confirm they are using existing MS Amsterdam cabin numbers but if you check on the deck plan for MS Amsterdam on Google you find that 3421 is inside on Lower Promenade deck 3, right at the stern over the propellers but 3046 on Boudicca  is inside midship on Marina deck 3.so much better placed.

I suspect that they are unloading the less favourable cabins on existing bookings that are either re- books from cancellations or bookings taking advantage of sales offers and are hanging on to the better ones for new business. 

I hope I'm wrong but that's the way it looks. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JMyrtle said:

Check carefully what cabin "Fred" has allocated when they change over your booking.from Boudicca and Black Watch to Bolette and Borealis. ( formerly Amsterdam and Rotterdam) 

We have been allocated cabin 3421 on Bolette in place of 3046 on Boudicca but have been told that deck plans will not be available until the 8th of September so we are unable to check what we have been given. 

"Fred" will not confirm they are using existing MS Amsterdam cabin numbers but if you check on the deck plan for MS Amsterdam on Google you find that 3421 is inside on Lower Promenade deck 3, right at the stern over the propellers but 3046 on Boudicca  is inside midship on Marina deck 3.so much better placed.

I suspect that they are unloading the less favourable cabins on existing bookings that are either re- books from cancellations or bookings taking advantage of sales offers and are hanging on to the better ones for new business. 

I hope I'm wrong but that's the way it looks. 

Thanks for that information - much appreciated.  If that is the sort of silly games Fred is intending to play, we will be cancelling our cruise.  A change of ship (to any cabin) is not an insignificant change, so the up to date package travel regs. give a right to cancel, even without possible itinerary changes that may be needed.  Can I ask what cruise you are booked on and if you were notified about the new cabin number by email direct from Fred or through an agent?  I am wondering if they will re allocate in date order, which will make sense.  We have a Black Watch cruise booked for next July and are in a similar location to your Boudicca booking, but have had nothing at all from Fred or our agents (even the information that the two ships are being replaced with the HAL ones), and Fred's "my cruises" is still not showing the cruise for us.  If it was not for CC we would have been blissfully ignorant of the changes to be made.

I am thinking that Fred does not normally have deck plans starting on deck one, like the HAL ones, so his deck plans could be quite different with decks one and two being crew accommodation, though maybe he will not want to change the door numbers that are presumably in place at present.  As you have been told the deck plans will not be available until 8th September, how long has he given you to change that cabin allocation and will there still be a good while before other cabins go on general sale?

Barbara  

Edited by tring

Not sure what they are doing. Just had a notification of a new video post on Facebook and at the end of that, it says Bolette can be booked from 7th September - so obviously the deck plans will be available before then!

Fred needs to play this carefully for those of us that are already booked or they will alienate us. By the time I get on board next year, they will have had our full payment for 15 months. I expect some special treatment due to that...

Edited by Britboys
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tring said:

I am thinking that Fred does not normally have deck plans starting on deck one, like the HAL ones, so his deck plans could be quite different with decks one and two being crew accommodation, though maybe he will not want to change the door numbers that are presumably in place at present.  As you have been told the deck plans will not be available until 8th September, how long has he given you to change that cabin allocation and will there still be a good while before other cabins go on general sale?

Why would an experienced cruiser book a stateroom without first studying the ship's deck plan to determine what is above/below the stateroom, what is on each side of the stateroom, and what is nearby that might cause some "distress" for them?   For me:  No deck plan.  No booking.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Why would an experienced cruiser book a stateroom without first studying the ship's deck plan to determine what is above/below the stateroom, what is on each side of the stateroom, and what is nearby that might cause some "distress" for them?   For me:  No deck plan.  No booking.

It is actually quite ridiculous for Fred to say they don't have a deck plan if they have allocated you a cabin. They must be working to a deck plan to decide on a cabin...

• Like 1

We are booked to go to Iceland in June 2021 thru a local travel agent, replacing a Fred cruise going to Spain  in April 2020  booked thru Saga which was cancelled. 

We normally book with Fred ourselves because we only live a few miles from Dover unless we are going from S'oton when we book with Saga to get the chauffeur car, Saga had nothing suitable so we decided to book Fred ourselves, but in these uncertain times l then decided using a travel agent gave us another level of security. 

We got an email direct from  Fred rather than thru our agent  I think Saturday to say that Boudicca was retiring, we were being migrated to Bolette (formerly Amsterdam) and that details were to follow. 

I contacted my travel agent on Monday morning  who knew nothing about it  so in turn they contacted Fred to ask why they were dealing with us direct. 

Fred confirmed the change was happening but had no further details at the moment and would let my agent know as soon as they could. 

This morning my agent emailed with a new booking confirmation showing a cabin number but said Fred would not confirm where the new cabin was or have deck plans until the 8th of September. 

I had already googled and saved the deck plans for both Amsterdam and Rotterdam so it wasn't exactly rocket science to find the cabin number I had been allocated and compare the two cabins. 

As I wasn't happy I got back to my agent who contacted Fred, they refused to confirm they were using existing cabin numbers on the new ships and repeated that deck plans would not be available until the 8th of September. 

I have told my agent late this afternoon that if existing cabin numbers are being used what we have been reallocated is not acceptable and gave them a list of inside midship cabins on Amsterdam's lower promenade deck 3 that would be acceptable and asked them to go back to Fred again. 

I have heard nothing back yet but hopefully I will tomorrow. 

Edited by JMyrtle
Typo
  • Thanks 2

Tried to log into my cruises in the app and on line and both say the site is down for maintenance and will be back shortly. 

I hope I don't have to go thru the palaver of putting all our passenger information back on line again.! 

8 hours ago, JMyrtle said:

Tried to log into my cruises in the app and on line and both say the site is down for maintenance and will be back shortly. 

I hope I don't have to go thru the palaver of putting all our passenger information back on line again.! 

My cruises has reportedly been down since earlier last week, though I did not see that until Friday.  Someone was told it would be down for a couple of weeks, so presumably taken down while ships are being changed over and I doubt  details have been lost.

Good luck with your re assignment of cabin, the whole issue is unsatisfactory if they do not publish deck plans and I have not seen anything about itineraries either, so wonder if they will leave any necessary changes until after the cabins are re assigned.  Fred was doing so well with customer services over all this, so it will be a great shame if he looses that good reputation he had gained compared to most other cruise/holiday companies at this stage. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tring said:

My cruises has reportedly been down since earlier last week, though I did not see that until Friday.  Someone was told it would be down for a couple of weeks, so presumably taken down while ships are being changed over and I doubt  details have been lost.

Good luck with your re assignment of cabin, the whole issue is unsatisfactory if they do not publish deck plans and I have not seen anything about itineraries either, so wonder if they will leave any necessary changes until after the cabins are re assigned.  Fred was doing so well with customer services over all this, so it will be a great shame if he looses that good reputation he had gained compared to most other cruise/holiday companies at this stage. 

I’ve been watching how the cruise companies have been performing during this crisis, with a view to booking, after the crisis ends, with the ones who did best in terms of customer service. Fred has done extremely well so far, hope he’s not going to spoil it now 

• Like 2