Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
norwane

Cancel now or wait and see?

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

We are currently booked on what was the Radiance and is now the Breeze for January 2021.   The consensus in the group has been to cancel, due to COVID concerns.  Since Carnival changed the ship, I believe the letter from Carnival said we have until 9/30 to cancel.    We only have a small deposit down, and have trip insurance.   If we lose our $50 deposit it won't be the end of the world.   Should we cancel now or wait to see if Carnival cancels the cruise entirely?   Any pros or cons of canceling now or waiting?

 

TIA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a back to back on Princess and then Carnival in Jan 2021 and my wife wants me to cancel now because of the mess of Florida and the no travel order for Canada.  But  I want to hold out some hope of a cruise.  I will likely cancel before final payment but would sure like to see some positive improvements in the entire pandemic situation before then to cause me to change my mind. So we are giving it two months before we decide.

 

Don

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If YOU don't want to go on this cruise, then now is the time to cancel. If you intend on cruising no matter what the experience may be, I don't see any reason in cancelling. Carnival has been refunding cruises they cancel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they gave you until 9/30 to cancel, I would wait until then before doing anything. If Carnival cancels your cruise before that date, you'll get some extra incentives for rebooking (if you intend to rebook). That's what we are doing with our October cruise - right now it's still scheduled to sail. But with the rise in cases and the new travel restrictions states are putting out, we don't intend on going even if the ship does sail. Plus we don't want to be on one of the first handful of cruises to actually sail if they stick to the planned Oct 1 start date. We're hoping Carnival cancels us so we can take advantage of any credits they offer us to rebook. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have to agree, wait until the end of September and then make your decision.  Many things can change for the better or the worse in 2+ months. Hurtigruten just started up I believe and Aida is starting next month in Germany.  So feedback from those cruises could effect when things start up on this side of the pond. If you cancel by 9/30, then you should get your small deposit back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...