Holland America website

If you read posts in the other cruise line forums, you'll find the same thing.  Looks like IT isn't something the cruise lines invest much money in. The other night I was trying to research cruises on HAL and MSC and finally gave up after getting the spinning wheel of death 💀 too many times. 

• Like 1

It varies for me, sometimes I can zip thru what I want to find, lately more difficult.  I'm not surprised with the events of Coronavirus cancelling so many booked cruises, then the disappearance of 4 ships with all their booked itineraries.  I called my Cruise Counselor on Thursday to rebook my Alaska cruise on Maasdam next year, tried to see anything available as a replacement on the HAL website, but I'm sure it was jammed with everyone else doing the same thing.

At times recently I have found the website to be almost unusable.  I figure they have a lot going on in the background and probably lots of users given canceled cruises and sold ships.  Other lines have issues but not like HAL’s.  One thing I have noticed is it works better on my Mac then my IPad.

It is a mess, always was.  I have two cruise credits, HAL and Princess, and the difference in the booking procedure is incredible.  Princess has all the information you need right there as you proceed. With HAL you are forever leaving the booking page to gather more information elsewhere and lord help you if you pick a room that is not available😉

6 hours ago, Indianadaytripper said:

I’ve found the Holland America website to be one of worst I’ve ever used. Anyone else have problems 

Yep. I use Firefox exclusively. Sometimes the HAL site works fine, usually it's really challenged in places. The design is pretty poor. It's a regular complaint on my HAL cruise reviews (remember those?).