Jump to content

Jan Swartz Online Event


Recommended Posts

Yes, it was a rah rah session. Jan did smile for an hour. I wonder if her cheeks hurt afterwards. I know mine would have. For a big time corporate CEO she sure seems like someone who would be fun to pal around with.

 

Anyway I did find a positive although I may have dearly wanted to see something that really wasn't there. The lady who does the itinerary planning (up to ten years out, wow!) specifically mentioned the Pacific Princess going to Tahiti in late 2021. I'm hoping if they were going to let her go (the ship, not the employee) it wouldn't have been mentioned.

 

Edited by beg3yrs
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

 

Thanks caribill.  I turned in "late" (9 minutes after it got started).  I lasted 3 minutes and decided that this was not for me.  Thanks for letting me know that I used my "other" time wisely.  

 

Agreed. For some reason, I thought it would be a solid question, answer, voice

concerns opportunity. Seriously, I was very surprised that this definitely not!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I watched the  youtube video from beginnig to end (incl. the 15 minute countdown 🤔). OMG I thought I was watching some shopping channel promoting one of their useless products. Don't get me wrong, we like Princess but this so called Q&A session is a joke.

 

Theo

Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree the program was a BIG JOKE as there was very little time to hear any answers to questions. Any ideas as to how some people got a zoom invite & who that CD was?  I’ve never heard of him. 

 

Tom🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brisalta said:

I have a suggestion for those with complaints or suggestions regarding the presentation.

If you have youtube accounts go to

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKomv_fs-XE and add a comment.

 

Interesting when I went onto Youtube there was no way for me to ask any questions. Your like is completely different. 
 

Tom🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed being on the Zoom panel (Voljeep, I'm c-boy's wife 😄 )

From the beginning, we were told that the topic/theme was destinations, so I knew that there wasn't going to be a deep dive into refunds, COVID, etc., and I was okay with that, as COVID is what my 10-12 hour workday consists of. 

For those who thought that getting an invite was based on cruise: we have cruised once with Princess and had three cancelled due to COVID. 

That one single cruise was enough to make us love Princess though, because they made us feel at home from the moment we stepped on. 

At any rate, sorry for those who were expecting something deeper and more informative today. Enjoy the weekend, stay safe, and spend quality time with those that you can!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I enjoyed the session as a fun interaction with some folks from the Princess team to help us feel connected with a brand we love while we aren’t able to sail. Yes, it was a “rah rah” session, but that’s what I was expecting.

 

Princess does need to address our concerns about sailing in a COVID world, and I believe that is the purpose of the upcoming global scientific summit that Carnival Corporation is hosting on July 28, which Jan talked about at the end of today’s session.

 

Different events for different purposes. I know some people in the zoom room were disappointed not to have COVID concerns addressed, while others (like me) enjoyed it for what it was.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We may be apart for now, but we definitely want to stay connected with you! Tune in for our exclusive new series hosted by President Jan Swartz starting tomorrow via YouTube live at 10 a.m PST/1 p.m. EST. Join Jan and the whole Princess family — we look forward to seeing you soon. And there's still time to get your questions in! Just email princessconnects@princess.com to submit.

 

When I received the above email to join this event my understanding was that Princess (Mrs. Swartz & others) would answer some of the questions that we all obviously have. As suggested (see above in red), and as mentioned on this tread, I am sure questions were asked.

As this whole pause is caused by the Covid19 pandemic I can not believe that there were not many questions asked about Covid19 and/or Refunds. Therefore I was hoping for some answers on those subjects. Oh well, maybe next time.

 

Theo

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends, I also watched the YouTube video and I agree with most of you. IT WAS A JOKE. 
Tony

 

 

I thought the video and sound quality was poor for a major company.  They ought to have access to better software, etc.  I skipped parts, but it was just a sales presentation.  Waste of time with no real questions and no real insight into current situation.  Just jolly the customers and sail on blithely.  TWO, count 'em or you miss 'em, questions.  One on ships crew getting home and one on the new build.  What about what they are going to do when cruising restarts?  WHAT IS THE PLAN?  What will the experience be like?  They just seem to want to air-brush things over and hope people keep booking.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, caribill said:

 

There was one piece of useful information and that was in the very limited Q&A period. The Enchanted Princess will be delivered to Princess September 30th. Of course, no information about when it can actually be used for a cruise.

Since it has been announced that Princess will be starting up Caribbean Cruises again starting on December 15, that would imply that the first 4 cruises would be cancelled and the Christmas cruise departing on December 19 would be the inaugural.  It was previously announced that the first cruise would be on November 21.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Renmar said:

We may be apart for now, but we definitely want to stay connected with you! Tune in for our exclusive new series hosted by President Jan Swartz starting tomorrow via YouTube live at 10 a.m PST/1 p.m. EST. Join Jan and the whole Princess family — we look forward to seeing you soon. And there's still time to get your questions in! Just email princessconnects@princess.com to submit.

 

When I received the above email to join this event my understanding was that Princess (Mrs. Swartz & others) would answer some of the questions that we all obviously have. As suggested (see above in red), and as mentioned on this tread, I am sure questions were asked.

As this whole pause is caused by the Covid19 pandemic I can not believe that there were not many questions asked about Covid19 and/or Refunds. Therefore I was hoping for some answers on those subjects. Oh well, maybe next time.

 

 

 

When watching on my desktop using the Youtube link that was in the Princess E-mail, there was, on the right side of the screen, the ability to make comments and ask questions. There were a number of questions about what the experience will be in the Covid-19 future and a number of questions about the slowness of refund processing. Of course, none of these questions were used during the Q&A. Obviously asking the CD what was his most embarrassing moment was the question that so many people wanted to have answered instead.

 

Several times in that comment/question section on the screen some Princess department posted a request to please continue to be patient while refunds were processed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

 

I thought the video and sound quality was poor for a major company.  They ought to have access to better software, etc.  I skipped parts, but it was just a sales presentation.  Waste of time with no real questions and no real insight into current situation.  Just jolly the customers and sail on blithely.  TWO, count 'em or you miss 'em, questions.  One on ships crew getting home and one on the new build.  What about what they are going to do when cruising restarts?  WHAT IS THE PLAN?  What will the experience be like?  They just seem to want to air-brush things over and hope people keep booking.

 

 

Hi Mr. G,

Now this is just me. I think you have to be crazy to book a cruise right now. Your going to send Princess your money. They say thank you and if the cruise gets canceled you wait 90 days or more before you get it back. Fugheddaboudit. 🙄

The Captain of The Rowboat, Tony and the Patriots #1 fan. See Photo,

 

 

 

94B3F341-132E-458C-833C-BC39D8383534.jpeg

Edited by Lucky TGO
Link to post
Share on other sites

I didnt bother watching it. After the video we were advised to watch on the

ship on the 13 March proved to be a tissue of rhetoric and lies I dont think

I will watch another Jan Swartz  offering ever again.

 

What I dont understand is that  they are encouraging people to book, I

seem to get emails every day.   

So, say they get a ship 70% booked and when they get round to it it turns out

that  the   CDC  IMO  ILO   CLIA   whoever?  decide that 60%  is the maximum

that can be accommodated under the  revised regulations , how will they

decide   who gets to travel ?   Booking order  , ballot,   loyalty.  age etc

 

Whilst it seems easy to cancel without loss in the US   that has not

been the case in the UK so I would need some  idea of what

we were buying before booking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Renmar said:

I watched the  youtube video from beginnig to end (incl. the 15 minute countdown 🤔). OMG I thought I was watching some shopping channel promoting one of their useless products. Don't get me wrong, we like Princess but this so called Q&A session is a joke.

 

A long, long time ago, Janet Edwards was an aerobics instructor on Princess; and

her husband was a cruise director.

 

Eventually, she became a cruise director.  "See you around the ships folks..."

 

Later, she appeared on Home Shopping Network.

 

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/98484-janet-edwards-where-is-she/

Link to post
Share on other sites

Temper your disappointment. 
 

They are not going to allow any questions for which they do not have any answers...(Covid)

 

Or any questions for which they do not want to answer (Refunds)

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi to all my Cruise Critic friends, I also watched the YouTube video and I agree with most of you. IT WAS A JOKE. 
Tony

 

Sorry, can't agree with you on this one.  It was as it was expected to be and that is start to reaching out and communicating with their base.  Sure there was some hokey moments that we supposed to be entertaining and there were some glitches with the audio that can be fixed by using other means to input, but overall there was information and insight to the people and operation.  For those expecting a major address on the virus and what Princess is doing regarding that, they should realize that to prematurely cite what the plans are a misguided until there is some consensus as to what the CDC will accept. 

For the moment there are many different "playbooks" as to how things will operate once the cruise industry can start sailing.  Each one has different techniques and solutions, but no one has it finalized.  Jan gave us the basis of information that we need to hear and that was the covid science summit and the method we can all listen in to what the "experts" are thinking.

I expected the whole hour to be light and on a positive note which is needed at this time.  It is expected that the next Connect will be a little different and have more news content.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OzCanuck said:

Temper your disappointment. 
 

They are not going to allow any questions for which they do not have any answers...(Covid)

 

Or any questions for which they do not want to answer (Refunds)

 👍  that's the attitude we adopt in CDC ....

 

.

 

.

 

 

.

 

 

 

.

 

. . .  California Department of Corrections 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OzCanuck said:

Temper your disappointment. 

 

I think I am going to steal this as my standard response to all social media disagreements from now on 🙂 It’s good advice!

Link to post
Share on other sites

The email that I received about the Princess Connects Live on you tube said the topic would be on destinations.  I didn't expect any other topic to   be discussed.  There could have been more questions asked/answered about destinations though and less on the backgrounds of the "special guests"  

 

. For the first episode we’re focusing on – what else? – destinations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Aulanis said:

What I dont understand is that  they are encouraging people to book, I

seem to get emails every day.   

So, say they get a ship 70% booked and when they get round to it it turns out

that  the   CDC  IMO  ILO   CLIA   whoever?  decide that 60%  is the maximum

that can be accommodated under the  revised regulations , how will they

decide   who gets to travel ?   Booking order  , ballot,   loyalty.  age etc

 

I totally agree with you and have wondered about this and made the same comment on another topic a while ago.  I am thinking they surely have adjusted the criteria limit they use when you see a certain cabin category is listed as Sold Out.  Because not only do they offer bookings on their own website and direct phone, look at all the cabins they set aside for Costco, Expedia, large group booking department, etc and other 3rd party booking sites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Renmar said:

We may be apart for now, but we definitely want to stay connected with you! Tune in for our exclusive new series hosted by President Jan Swartz starting tomorrow via YouTube live at 10 a.m PST/1 p.m. EST. Join Jan and the whole Princess family — we look forward to seeing you soon. And there's still time to get your questions in! Just email princessconnects@princess.com to submit.

 

When I received the above email to join this event my understanding was that Princess (Mrs. Swartz & others) would answer some of the questions that we all obviously have. As suggested (see above in red), and as mentioned on this tread, I am sure questions were asked.

As this whole pause is caused by the Covid19 pandemic I can not believe that there were not many questions asked about Covid19 and/or Refunds. Therefore I was hoping for some answers on those subjects. Oh well, maybe next time.

 

Theo

OMG I am LMAO.  I read your keep your kids safe statement completely wrong. It was a quick glance. I thought it said Keep your kids safe donate them to the children's hospital.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSweetLife220 said:

OMG I am LMAO.  I read your keep your kids safe statement completely wrong. It was a quick glance. I thought it said Keep your kids safe donate them to the children's hospital.  

Might work too 😉.

 

Theo

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...