Dancing with the Stars Fall 2020?

I agree with all the comments.  I liked the new format better than I thought I would, but it was strange not having a live audience and I really missed the band. 

Hopefully Tyra will grow on me.  She was a bit stiff but maybe just nervous and I give her credit for keeping the pace moving.  I didn't like either of her outfits.  The red dress was way over the top and the pink and red pantsuit clashed.  Too much hair and necklace.  I liked the color and sparkle of Carrie Ann's dress but didn't think the top fit her very well.  My favorite outfit was Jenna's 40s-inspired dress.  So class and pretty.  I think she and Nev will do well.

HI all!

mafig ~ keeping your secret, lol.

I watched it the next day & thought it was okay. I liked that it went faster without them having to go upstairs. That was quite the dress Tyra wore to open the show. I also don't think that red & pink go together, my Mom always told me so!😉

See you next week? Is it on Tuesday, or both Mon & Tues.?

~ Jo ~ 😊

Well, did anyone else watch?  Was anyone else disappointed?

I was not impressed with the outfits, the makeup, the new hair colors, the choreography, or the dancing.  I miss Tom and Erin; they were always so warm and supportive of all the contestants.

I understand it's really tough dancing to no audience.  I understand the pros have not been able to train together for six months. But it was just a letdown to me.  Can someone put a positive spin on it for me?

I think Tyra Banks looks awful!   Her "dresses" look more like costumes rather than nicer gowns.   I realize they are designed for her to look thinner, but they are awful.   Only watched about 1/2 hour yesterday - just no interest.   Never did have much interest in the show but not less than ever.

Before I even comment on the outfits, I just wanted to say that I saw three different stars messing with their cell phones during the show.  That is so disrespectful to everyone working on the show and to the audience.  Why did they even have their phones with them up on the balcony?  I'm guessing they wouldn't have done that if there had been a live audience but there's just no excuse.  If the stars can't even pay attention to the show for two hours, then why would anyone else tune in?

Ok, off my soapbox now. 🙂

I agree about Tyra.  Her outfits were awful.  I hated the second one less than the first one but why would anyone put shoulder pads on illusion sleeves?  And did she make the first outfit out of bicycle shorts?  Yuck!  I miss Erin and Tom too.

I thought Sharna had the prettiest dress this time.  Her butterfly dress was so light and fluttery.  I don't think I've seen Carrie Ann in bangs before. 

Neev is turning out to be a surprise.  Last week I thought he had just gotten a dance and song that suited his style, but this week's dance was completely different and he did just as well. 

I plan to keep watching.  Next week is Disney week, which is always fun.

Hi all!

CruisinCrow ~ I noticed that with the phones too & find it disrespectful.

I'm enjoying the show & like the faster pace. I'm not impressed with Tyra's outfits, thought she looked really heavy last night. Is she "Top Modelling" Carrie Ann with all the different hair colours?!

I think the right person went home last night.

Nice to see Len pop in occasionally.

Have a nice week & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

I watch it when there is nothing else to watch. I like Johnny Weir and if he hasn't performed before I turn the channel I look for his performance on youtube the next day.

Everyone seems to be a little off this season. No joy, no sparkle. Dances are just not that great. I don't care for Tyra. None of the dancers really seem to be happy and enjoying themselves. I hope things get better.

Laura

Hi all!

Holy crow, what a show last night!!

Why is Tyra wearing such ugly gowns that make her look so wide?!

I thought Derek was to dance last night but didn't see that happen.

I'll be interested in hearing what you all thought about last night's show.

Take care & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Edited by retiring soon
spelling

For the first time in many, many years, I am not watching.  I'm unhappy that they replaced Tom and Erin, two of the nicest and most genuine hosts on tv, with a kind of fake person--Tyra.  I'm sure (hope) that somewhere inside all the hype is a genuine human, but it's all just too much; the clothes, the make-up, the hair the attitude.

That's the main reason I've given up; my husband gave up last year because of the erratic judging and scores that so often let inferior dancers continue on, plus the popularity contest part of it.  I want dancers judged on their dancing, not what state they come from or if they are more 'famous' than someone else, or they play a certain sport, etc.

DWTS, I miss you but it's been going downhill for some time.

9 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

For the first time in many, many years, I am not watching.  I'm unhappy that they replaced Tom and Erin, two of the nicest and most genuine hosts on tv, with a kind of fake person--Tyra.  I'm sure (hope) that somewhere inside all the hype is a genuine human, but it's all just too much; the clothes, the make-up, the hair the attitude.

That's the main reason I've given up; my husband gave up last year because of the erratic judging and scores that so often let inferior dancers continue on, plus the popularity contest part of it.  I want dancers judged on their dancing, not what state they come from or if they are more 'famous' than someone else, or they play a certain sport, etc.

DWTS, I miss you but it's been going downhill for some time.

I have to agree with you, DWTS jumped the shark the season Billy Bones won.  I am still watching but not nearly as interested as I used to be. This year’s show seems especially boring although I do kind of like Johnny Weir.

I miss Tom, Tyra Banks has a strange delivery that I am starting to find irritating.  I predict this is probably the last season for DWTS😞

Sherri🙂

I actually liked this week's show.  Now that the first two couples are gone, all the dancers are all fun to watch.  It doesn't seem to be a popularity contest yet, although it's hard to tell so early on.  Jesse is my least favorite and I thought he was going to go this week. 

Ok, Tyra's dresses are UGLY.  Both of her dresses this week were awful and I hated the racoon eye makeup.  And is it just me or does anyone else have trouble hearing and understanding her over the fake crowd noise?  Bring back Erin and  Tom!

Carrie Ann's dress was her best one so far.  I wish I could have seen the bottom of it.  Skai's dress and Jeannie's dress could easily have been worn on a cruise formal night.  I especially loved Skai's dress and would like to wear it myself. 🙂  Her dance was flawless too.

Ann wins for one of the best costume's I've ever seen on the show.  I had to watch it a couple of times to see how it transformed.  It was very "Hunger Games".  Props to the costume designers on that one.

P.S.  Prayers for Cozumel and the rest of the Yucatan.  I hope the damage wasn't too great and that everyone is safe.  Also prayers for Louisiana.

Edited by CruisinCrow
  • Like 1

No one else watched it this week?  I guess Derek will be dancing next week.  He seems pretty good as a judge so far.  Honest critiques but said in nice ways.

I didn't care for any of the dresses this time.  It was 80s night so everything was very costume-y.  I thought Tyra's dress was her best outfit yet.  I liked the colors of the dress and her makeup.  But then she came out in that green thing.  What was that?  She was like a glittery leprechaun.  I didn't get it.  

Hi all!

Yes, I watched too. I was almost begging for a costume change out of that green outfit!!

If Tyra didn't make such a grand entrance it'd be less rushed at the end!

I like this season that so far there doesn't seem to be a really poor "star" who's hanging in by a popularity vote & really enjoy the music.

Take care & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

So I finally watched most of the second show--for some reason the first show didn't DVR.  It seemed kind of --blah--I hardly know any of the 'stars' and they mostly had very sub-par performances.  Judging, as usual, was all over the board with people getting the same score on vastly different quality of performances.

Dances are so short!  I understand that with Covid, no audience and other contraints that this year will be very different.  

Although I tend to watch the dances only and then read through the judges remarks and other fluff, the little I did watch Tyra I was pleasantly surprised that her interviews with the dancers were rather calm and nice and not the usual diva-like behavior I've seen from her.

Her outfits though--erk!  And what the heck happened to Carrie Ann?  I didn't even recognize her at first, thought it was some new judge.  More than a little work done?  Also, the make-up is just getting ridiculous on way too many people.

I've got the shows DVR'd, so I will probably cave in and watch and try not to still be mad that they got rid of Tom and Erin.

I'm still kind of underwhelmed with the costuming, makeup, hair, and dancing.  However, I give the costumers a lot of credit, in what they do to have no panty lines, no bra lines.  And the narrow elastic holding up a lot of the dresses: great stuff. They have to make sure a contestant won't worry about wardrobe malfunctions; they seem to accomplish that.

HI all!

I enjoyed the show but didn't like the end result. I wanted Peta & partner to stay..

I loved Peta's pink dress & Monica's blue dress.

I didn't like Carrie Ann's look, where did her neck go?!!

Anyhow it is what it is.

Just a couple more days 'til the next show.

Have a nice weekend & stay safe.

~ Jo ~ 😊

I enjoyed last week's show because we got to know the stars a little better as they shared their stories.  Even though I wish they picked better-known stars (at least better known to me), sometimes it's nice to learn about someone I don't know as much about.  For example, I like Nelly much more than I thought I would!

Derek's dance was fantastic.  I like him as a judge too.  I hope he'll continue.

Now it's Monday again.  What will Tyra be wearing this time?? 😄

• Like 1

Am I the only one still watching?  I thought this week's show was great!  The costumes, concepts and music were killer - from Carrie to Black Swan.  Everyone played their characters so well.  

Since it was Halloween-themed, it wasn't a good week for cruise clothes.  But oddly enough, Tyra had her best look yet with that silver dress (minus the crown).  Carrie Ann was adorable.

I'm not a big fan of Gleb or man buns but Gleb with a man bun looked pretty good.  Maybe he's growing on me. 🙂

Hi all!

Cruisin Crow ~I 'm still watching & actually enjoying it without all the filler of entertainers & cast dancers.

YIkes those were some outfits Tyra was wearing!! I thought Carrie Ann looked nice.

Was sorry to see the couple who left. I wonder if they are a couple.

Anyhow just my thoughts on Monday's show.

Hope to see some chatting here.

Stay safe!

~ Jo ~ 😊