Should I wait or should I cancel?

7 minutes ago, K&RCurt said:

About 2 months ago Carnival said they could go a year without sailing given their financial status at the time and be OK.  Since that time they have sold off several ships which both brings in some cash and reduces expenses.  Of the "Big 3" cruise lines Carnival is in the best financial condition and NCL the worst.  Look at what happens with NCL as a bellweather to the industry's fate.

RCL's stock stayed surprisingly high through all this.

2 minutes ago, fyree39 said:

RCL's stock stayed surprisingly high through all this.

It did, while Carnival's took quite a few hits.

But Carnival has the Saudi money backing them through this and had less debt going into this due to the Mega Ships RCL built recently.

Edited by K&RCurt
On 7/21/2020 at 4:59 AM, sanger727 said:

How much would you be out to cancel now? I assume you are before final payment date. To hold out for a cancellation will be a game of chicken. You may win or you may get burned holding tickets to a cruise that you don’t want to be on and will lose the full amount to cancel. Either way, I would wait until right before your final payment date to decide.

I am not sure, we have 3 cabins under promo codes 2 of them are OH1, 1 is  PZS 1 is no special promo.  I would feel better getting my money back, since I am the one who has put it all out.  I can't travel to another country and not be quarantined.  I have tried reading the policy and we are before final payment by 3 weeks.  All these codes could cause a problem..not sure???

1 minute ago, captainmayi said:

We have a large group cruising in January... I think if we were given the option to re-book without penalties we would.  For now we wait and see...

I have been hearing they have been waving penalties...... 

I cancelled my Sept cruise in June right before the final payment was due.  Shortly thereafter Carnival cancelled the cruises thru September.  I don't regret my cancellation though.  My money isn't tied up for a year.  I can say I don't think anyone will be cruising before 2021.  Just my opinion.

Last week I rescheduled for September 2021 on Mardi Gras.  I will tell you, if you cancel, think about rebooking soon.  There's not alot out there to choose from if you have a specific date in mind.  Good luck.

Our cruise is for Nov 1,2020.  Final payment was last month.  We made final payment knowing the cruise will most likely cancel.  We had a B2B canceled in May & even though the refund took quite some time... we did get a full refund.  That is our plan this time, wait for CCL to cancel & receive a full refund or FCC.  Looking at the CCL website though, there were not a lot of cruises to choose from in late 2021.  

3 hours ago, Countrygurl said:

I cancelled my Sept cruise in June right before the final payment was due.  Shortly thereafter Carnival cancelled the cruises thru September.  I don't regret my cancellation though.  My money isn't tied up for a year.  I can say I don't think anyone will be cruising before 2021.  Just my opinion.

Last week I rescheduled for September 2021 on Mardi Gras.  I will tell you, if you cancel, think about rebooking soon.  There's not alot out there to choose from if you have a specific date in mind.  Good luck.

I've been looking at Mardi Gras cruises for next year.  I'm kind of interested in cruising on this ship.

Edited by TNcruising02
Our final payment is due today.  I'm still on the fence about cancelling.  If I pay in full, will it turn into a 100% refund?  We're booked solid over the next couple years, so wouldn't use a 24 month FCC.
Phone and ask them to extend the date for your final payment

If Carnival cancels, you can get a 100% refund.  If it sails, are you willing to go?  If not, I would cancel now.  Better to lose a deposit than a full cruise fare.  

Avoid any Cruises sailing out of ports in North and South America this year, but you could Cruise from south east Asia, Japan and the middle East from mid October 2020 onwards.

On 7/21/2020 at 5:01 AM, 2Shoes2Go said:

We have a few still for the rest of 2020. Most have been booked over a year; we cruise often. We will, likely, rebook them, if cancelled, for next year, same timeframe. They are mostly paid up from others being added in. If the funds were needed, however, we’d cash out.

Us too.

On 8/3/2020 at 7:08 PM, TNcruising02 said:

I've been looking at Mardi Gras cruises for next year.  I'm kind of interested in cruising on this ship.

I typically prefer a smaller ship.  But honestly I haven't met a ship or cruise I haven't liked!