Where in the Caribbean would you return for a Land-only vacation?

2chiefs

We've been on a lot of cruises in the Caribbean and with cruises on the hiatus I was thinking of maybe taking a land-based vacation sometime when things start opening back up.

What is your favorite destination and would you consider taking a land-based vacation back there?

We've been fortunate to visit most of the islands in the Caribbean,  I think the one I would return to is Cuba, we did a land vacation there quite a few years ago and loved it, never wanted to return since as I didn't want anything to spoil the good memories, but if I couldn't cruise......

• Like 1

We've done land trips to both Jamaica and Barbados and loved both.  In Jamaica we stayed at an AI.  We have never visited Jamaica on a cruise but love the AI experience there.

In Barbados we stayed at a hotel that had a kitchenette and was right on the beach.   Barbados can be pricy but having the kitchenette allowed us to save a fair amount on meals/drinks.  We ate out once a day (for dinner) and for a beach day we'd just pack a cooler with drinks.

Honestly, I'd take a land trip to all of the ports I've been to in the Caribbean.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

I thought the US was only allowing us to go to Cuba if you were visiting family, not for vacation travel?

There are various visa’s to travel on , if you know how to qualify.  You will just have to fly or swim . 

• Haha 1