CL/SL future when cruising returns.

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Two Doctors and one PA in the picture. Do you call Physician’s Medics in the UK?  We had Medics in the Army but they certainly were not Doctors?  

M8 

Medics just a general name for hospital doctors,nurses and paramedics.

Doctor, Junior Doctor,Mr (consultant) what I usually use.

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Never understood why Majors had Gold and Lt Col had Silver. Same with 1st and 2nd Lt. 

It’s  b/c the gold color for LT and Maj is not gold at all, but brass.

Similarly, a LtGen outranks a MajGen b/c the original title for a MajGen is SgtMajGen.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

How did you know this?

I am not quite sure I understand your question. 

The circular bar in Vortex was closed.

But the section from the circular bar to the outside where the rock climbing wall is, was also closed.

There was a sign outside saying private event.

I was in there every night and not a single person not attending the event entered because they couldn't. 

I hope that helps. Is there anything else I can help with?

46 minutes ago, compman9 said:

There was a sign outside saying private event.

I was in there every night and not a single person not attending the event entered because they couldn't. 

I've read this several times and still not sure what you're trying to say 🤔 

We were also on Jewel in January. The first few nights someone was at the door of the Vortex overflow checking cards but after that they stopped. We had to sit at the bar a few times as couldn't get a seat elsewhere.  On a couple of occasions we saw people wander in who were confused at all the people in there when the bar wasn't serving. Some wandered back out and some realised what was going on and when approached by servers took advantage of the free drinks 🙃

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Will the CL require a different mask type than the SL?  I mean this thread was about the possible changes in the CL/SL. 😇

M8

Good question.

SL - Gold.

CL - Silver.

DL -Bronze.

Disposable face masks given to you on entry.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, yogimax said:

Actually, I need to find another red for a change.   Any suggestions?

What's your favorite white?

Yeah, will be interesting to see what the choices will be again..once and "if" we start to cruise again.

Bucky loves a red blend or red zin.  Me, my favorite is Sauvignon Blanc...but the freebie offerings of that have not been that good...will sometimes opt for lesser choice of Pinot Grigio.  

• Like 2

23 hours ago, davekathy said:

Glad you are in Alaska enjoying yourselves. Stay warm and dry and watch out for those mosquitoes.  Any Moosehead beer where you are? 🍻🍷

Oh yeah...the mosquitoes are here alright!   We are walking buffets for them!!  😮 

Not really seeing any Moosehead beer, instead...lots of choices from Anchorage Brewing company.   A lot of small company craft breweries as well.   Gives them something to do in the dead of winter I guess.  😉  Denali Brewing company is located about 2 miles from where we stayed in Talkeetna...very popular place!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Yeah, will be interesting to see what the choices will be again..once and "if" we start to cruise again.

Bucky loves a red blend or red zin.  Me, my favorite is Sauvignon Blanc...but the freebie offerings of that have not been that good...will sometimes opt for lesser choice of Pinot Grigio.  

Yes, a big "IF."

Thanks for your expert suggestions.  It's always good to experiment and try something different.  We now have easy home delivery service for wines here in NYC.  Makes it safe and simple.

20 hours ago, yogimax said:

Yes, a big "IF."🍷

Thanks for your expert suggestions.  It's always good to experiment and try something different.  We now have easy home delivery service for wines here in NYC.  Makes it safe and simple.

Excellent idea about the home delivery!  Fun to try different wines!  Enjoy!  

On August 8, 2020 at 1:20 PM, island lady said:

Oh yeah...the mosquitoes are here alright!   We are walking buffets for them!!  😮 

Not really seeing any Moosehead beer, instead...lots of choices from Anchorage Brewing company.   A lot of small company craft breweries as well.   Gives them something to do in the dead of winter I guess.  😉  Denali Brewing company is located about 2 miles from where we stayed in Talkeetna...very popular place!

Also enjoyed Denali Brewing.  In Talkeetna there's also a small ice cream shop owned by a woman originally from Chicago's South Shore neighborhood.  

On 7/21/2020 at 2:00 PM, grapau27 said:

Agree,mine too.

This was Explorer CL in October 2019 which was tiny and closed in.

IMG_20191005_143345.jpg

Sorry late to this thread.  Last time I was on Explorer in 2017 Alaska it was CL and DL just like in your pic.  But the CL is gone on Explorer and there is now a SL where the DL used to be?   Booked  Explorer for June  2021 and have not been on since 2017.  I believe the DL is now where the cigar room was?  Also Explorer did not get her AMP correct?  

• Like 1

On 7/21/2020 at 2:11 PM, Oxo said:

Agree with you. No one cruise line has it all. MSC is a new experience. BiG bang for the buck. 

New ships are outstanding!

I love MSC for their YC experience and VALUE.  What we do miss are the crown loft rooms on the big ships.  Now if MSC had Crown Lofts with Yacht Club amenities and pricing it would be perfect for my family and I.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, frank808 said:

Sorry late to this thread.  Last time I was on Explorer in 2017 Alaska it was CL and DL just like in your pic.  But the CL is gone on Explorer and there is now a SL where the DL used to be?   Booked  Explorer for June  2021 and have not been on since 2017.  I believe the DL is now where the cigar room was?  Also Explorer did not get her AMP correct?  

In October when we were on Explorer CL was on Deck 9.

DL was on Deck 14 in the VCL.

The amp hasn't happened because of covid19.

When Independence had her amp the DL stayed where it was in the VCL with an outside seating area and the SL was at the left side of the VCL where Izumi on Explorer is currently.

5 hours ago, grapau27 said:

In October when we were on Explorer CL was on Deck 9.

DL was on Deck 14 in the VCL.

The amp hasn't happened because of covid19.

When Independence had her amp the DL stayed where it was in the VCL with an outside seating area and the SL was at the left side of the VCL where Izumi on Explorer is currently.

Izumi is the issue. So SL got the old DL, and DL moved ro cigar room. Navigator and Voyager are similar. Adventure and Mariner kept the old DL location

• Thanks 1