If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

954 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

Wonder who will be more angry,  the people who don't want to be vaccinated or those looking for a child-free cruise. 

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Wonder who will be more angry,  the people who don't want to be vaccinated or those looking for a child-free cruise. 

The wording is vague.  It does not specifically state requirements for or even if guests under 16 can sail. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I heard a interesting doctor this morning about J&J vaccine. She said its is rated lower because it was tested more recently and tested against more recent variants of covid which the other 2 werent.

I'm still glad I got my shots.

The best thing about the J&J vaccine is it prevents serious illness and hospitalizations 100%.  While you may still catch it, you wot' get very sick.  I've also heard the other vaccines work against the variants.

Edited by BND
54 minutes ago, BND said:

The best thing about the J&J vaccine is it prevents serious illness and hospitalizations 100%.  While you may still catch it, you wot' get very sick.  I've also heard the other vaccines work against the variants.

Yes I know. I was just saying the doctor said the percentages arent apple to apple, because johnson shows lower because it was tested more against variant strains. The 2nd dose results are also still not out.

23 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Then maybe, as a physician, he should have resigned so he could tell the world what was really on his mind.

That would require honesty and morality.

19 hours ago, d9704011 said:

Just do what you’re told, no need for you to agree with anything as long as you’re compliant.

Lots of compliant docile folks here at CC...  they are going to love the world of the future they have planned for us... until they don’t. 😆

15 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Did you notice that Dr. Fauci was not in the public eye for several months? No where to be seen anywhere on TV. He was not part of those later updates we were given by the  administration. Dr. Fauci's voice was silenced by his boss.

I'm not discussing this subject further. I have said all I have to say on this subject. As it is, this discussion has delved into areas we are not supposed to discuss on this forum.

I don ‘t think there was more than a week, that the good doctor wasn’t on some tv channel.  Man loves some tv time.

11 hours ago, yogimax said:

No proof?  Of course not.  Let's say 99% probability that Fauci would be offered significantly more in the private sector.

You ask why he wouldn't do it.  Believe it or not, for many of us money isn't the driving force behind  our career choices.  For many of us, we value the opportunity to serve others in a positive way to be much more important than the size of our bank account.  

He is about 80 and he is making just south of a half a million a year.  When he retires he will get somewhere between 50 and 80% of his pay for the rest of his life....  Don’t know many docs making that in the real world, unless they are plastic surgeons living in LA.

6 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I wonder how they are working this for the crew.  The Philippines just received their first shipment Sunday.  Did Royal find a company to direct purchase it from.

13 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

I don ‘t think there was more than a week, that the good doctor wasn’t on some tv channel.  Man loves some tv time.

And millions correctly listen to what he says.  

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

And millions correctly listen to what he says.  

I hope it is correct what he says.  He already appears to be somewhat of a flawed savior but there is always a chance he isn’t as deeply conflicted as it appears.

19 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Until he changes his mind a week later.

He's an expert in infectious diseases. You are not.

Gee, I wonder whose opinion carries more weight?

10 minutes ago, koolZip said:

His opinion has flip-flopped like a fish out of water.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, koolZip said:

There are other experts in the field and not everyone agrees with everything he says.  At the end of the day, most of it is opinion/speculation.  It will require hard data a couple of years down the road before we really know what did and didn't work surrounding masks/shutdowns, etc.  

Also, no human is infallible.

Edited by BND
1 minute ago, BND said:

There are other experts in the field and not everyone agrees with everything he says.  At the end of the day, most of it is opinion/speculation.  It will require hard data a couple of years down the road before we really know what did and didn't work surrounding masks/shutdowns, etc.  

Nobody is saying Dr. Fauci is infallible, but if he revises his opinion about something connected with the approach to and treatment of COVID-19, I'll trust that he made that change based on new information. I wouldn't trust him if he didn't change his opinion in the face of new information.

In their search for a scapegoat a lot of people have decided that Dr. Fauci will do just fine. Those are the people I hope will refuse to wear a mask, refuse to get vaccinated and thus won't be cruising when things start up again.

My opinion is that Dr. Fauci is just another "do as I say, not as I do" figure who is enjoying his position for not only a paycheck but for the perks that come with it.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Until he changes his mind a week later.

Funny how that works.

Research changes.  Data changes.  Then "mind" changes.

I think it is called science.  Dunno. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

Funny how that works.

Research changes.  Data changes.  Then "mind" changes.

I think it is called science.  Dunno. 

Science and data don't change on a whim, like Fauci one day saying "two masks is a good idea" then a week later saying "two masks don't help at all"

The only "science" that changed was people finding out the study that said two masks work great was done on mannequins and with a disclaimer that the study results aren't applicable to real world situations.

Edited by smokeybandit
4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Science and data don't change on a whim, like Fauci one day saying "two masks is a good idea" then a week later saying "two masks don't help at all"

I can't find your quote from a week later.  Please post source.