If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

954 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

11 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I think that was because of her "do as I say and not as I do" moment with family gatherings at Thanksgiving.  It was a shame because I really liked seeing what scarf she would wear.

Reminds me of when I'd see commercials for "Wheel of Fortune" with the line "What will she wear tonight" regarding Vanna Whites gowns.

25 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

It wouldn't if you follow the science.

I don't understand your stance on that. Children can and do transmit Covid and can be asymptomatic carries just like adults. From what I have heard and read on this subject, children may not transmit the disease as easily as adults but they still can transmit it.

5 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

When he mentioned the sailings out of Israel, it sounds to me that children will be allowed on the sailings. That is my interpretation.

Yup, that's exactly what I get from it. Excellent. 

1 minute ago, coffeebean said:

I don't understand your stance on that. Children can and do transmit Covid and can be asymptomatic carries just like adults. From what I have heard and read on this subject, children may not transmit the disease as easily as adults but they still can transmit it.

Does that really matter when the vaccines have shown 99% efficacy in the real world? 

24 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

They said yes. The CFO was on this morning who had more news, but my mind is elsewhere what all he said earlier. Stuff about longer term.

So we dont yet know the percentage with a 2nd dose. Yet to come. 

Thanks for the info.

36 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Is J&J testing efficacy for a second shot?

Oh I remember now what else the CFO said they were testing for, if it can be spread by someone who has been vaccinated.  He said 100% you cant get the high degree of sickness like unvaccinated but they dont know if you have JnJ can you spread it.

Still long term testing going on. 

7 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Does that really matter when the vaccines have shown 99% efficacy in the real world? 

Really? 99% efficacy in the real world? That is fantastic news. Is that both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines?

4 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

Really? 99% efficacy in the real world? That is fantastic news. Is that both Pfizer and Moderna vaccines?

I'm repeating word for word what the guy in the video said. 

45 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Really helpful post.

I'd say it is just the truth.  Once a thread goes too far down the wormhole it is hard to return.  

You could call it science as I have seen this experiment play out here again and again, with the same outcome.

19 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I'd say it is just the truth.  Once a thread goes too far down the wormhole it is hard to return.  

You could call it science as I have seen this experiment play out here again and again, with the same outcome.

haha if you believed in science 🤣🤣🤣

Back to the subject - I answered ‘yes of course’ to this question about getting the vaccine in July. I am still pro vaccine, and I hope that it is mandatory for all cruising. 

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

While it is true children are less likely to be infected and die, it still happens.  "At least 172 children had died as of Dec. 17. About 1.8% of all COVID-19 hospitalizations and 0.07% of the deaths have been among children."  Yes, dated stats but still applicable.  

Guess we better lockdown again

12 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

The test environemnt we will see applied for the Odyssey cruises out of Israel will be the new normal for cruising, hence every passenger 16 and above will need to be vaccinated in order to be able to cruise and this will very likely stay this way for years to come. Likely once the vaccinations are approved for children below 16 this requirement will be adjusted accordingly.

Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Kinda of surprised it wasn't padlocked over the weekend. I guess the point of no return was pushed down the road.

EDIT: Just realized this thread is from last July. I've lost track of the various polls, vaccine and Fauci threads.  lol

Edited by HBE4
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, yogimax said:

Not sure about him still holding a job.  Somehow I doubt it.

What is sure is that we would have a much lower death toll.

Please be careful....you do well getting threads to the ‘shutdown’ point....I just picked up popcorn and am afraid I won’t have time to finish it. 

Edited by bucfan2
Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2021 at 2:41 PM, lizzius said:

It's much easier to argue against a strawman than accept the nuance of someone's position. I hope more will come along... I think we're nearly at the point where it's not ok to be quiet about continued restrictions in the face of falling hospitalizations and death statistics.

The CDC issued a warning just today that the fall in cases has plateaued, staying at 70,000+ new cases a day. She was concerned that she was seeing some governors and states rolling back mask and other precautions. She warned that the variants are out there and spreading. She warned that this is NOT the time to roll back any precautions when we are so close and would destroy all the work everyone has done for the past year.  She asked everyone to stay the course for just a bit longer.

Edited by cured
Posted (edited)
19 hours ago, Etta1213 said:

Do you see any conflict when you say the boss, who made the vaccine development happen in record time, was anti-science? 

Sorry, the boss had absolutely nothing to with the vaccine development in record time.

It was scientists around the world throwing knowledge, resources, and money at a problem. This kind of global push for a vaccine has never happened in the past.

It had nothing to do with a single person.  In fact, many of these vaccines are being developed in cooperation with different countries. Take Pfizer, which is being funded by BioNTech, a German company.

Edited by cured
22 minutes ago, cured said:

The CDC issued a warning just today that the fall in cases has plateaued, staying at 70,000+ new cases a day. She was concerned that she was seeing some governors and states rolling back mask and other precautions. She warned that the variants are out there and spreading. She warned that this is NOT the time to roll back any precautions when we are so close and would destroy all the work everyone has done for the past year.  She asked everyone to stay the course for just a bit longer.

Not a problem here.  We do not have any restrictions other then businesses who ask you wear a mask and social distance.

4 hours ago, coffeebean said:

Is J&J testing efficacy for a second shot?

They also said last week that they were starting trials for infants and up. Won't be long before there is a vaccine for children.

On 2/28/2021 at 4:07 PM, mek said:

Oh - I have a feeling that if proof of vaccination is required that passengers will still have to have a negative Covid test to board.

We will let you know in August if they open us as a have a cruise scheduled then. 

Religion has made an appearance in Nola vaccinations:

"The Catholic Archdiocese of New Orleans is asking Catholics to avoid the recently-approved Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, which it says is “morally compromised” by its “extensive use of abortion-derived cell lines.”

In a statement on Friday, the archdiocese noted that while deciding whether to receive the vaccine is an individual choice, that “the latest vaccine from Janssen/Johnson & Johnson is morally compromised as it uses the abortion-derived cell line in development and production of the vaccine as well as the testing.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/orleans-archdiocese-asks-catholics-avoid-204653911.html