Jump to content

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???


If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

954 members have voted

  1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

    • YES
      747
    • NO
      207


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, life is to be happy said:

We would too 100% 

All the cruise lines sticks rise sharply today in news if more available vaccine.  I can’t imagine any cruise line  not making vaccines a requirement.  Most cruisers that are not science deniers or antivaxers want it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ellaleah said:

All the cruise lines sticks rise sharply today in news if more available vaccine.  I can’t imagine any cruise line  not making vaccines a requirement.  Most cruisers that are not science deniers or antivaxers want it!

Because more vaccine in the public means less virus and quickens the process of all of us going back to normal, which means vacations. Mandate or not, more vaccine is good for everyone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Some good news as it relates to getting cruising going, at least for Americans.

Normal summer here we come! I think 300 million is more than the number of adults willing to take the vaccine... Quick everyone: get off of cruise critic and start working on the anti-vaxxer you love (or need) the most.

Edited by lizzius
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, lizzius said:

Normal summer here we come! I think 300 million is more than the number of adults willing to take the vaccine... Quick everyone: get off of cruise critic and start working on the anti-vaxxer you love (or need) the most.


Lol.  Maybe in some states

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Some good news as it relates to getting cruising going, at least for Americans.

 

 

 

This is excellent news.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Ellaleah said:

I wish you were smarter or maybe just listen to the experts and stop spreading misinformation!

Your statement confuses me. This is what the poster said and I agree with it completely. I have a feeling you may have responded to the incorrect post......

lizzius said:

"Because more vaccine in the public means less virus and quickens the process of all of us going back to normal, which means vacations. Mandate or not, more vaccine is good for everyone."

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lizzius said:

Not for all children. And I would absolutely be the one taking my unvaccinated children on a cruise ship. For them, there is a greater risk from flu.

Did your children receive flu shots?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

Did your children receive flu shots?

Yes, absolutely, in October of every year. And the risk to them *is still* roughly the same as it is with COVID. There have been 24 pediatric deaths in the age bracket my kids are in, compared with 60 flu deaths in the same window (even with the mildest flu season in years). In years past, 25-40% of flu deaths have been among vaccinated patients.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, lizzius said:

Yes, absolutely, in October of every year. And the risk to them *is still* roughly the same as it is with COVID. There have been 24 pediatric deaths in the age bracket my kids are in, compared with 60 flu deaths in the same window (even with the mildest flu season in years). In years past, 25-40% of flu deaths have been among vaccinated patients.

 

There have been only about 200 kids who died with covid in two "seasons"

The most mild flu season in recent years saw 260 pediatric flu deaths. Meanwhile the CDC estimates that they undercount pediatric flu deaths by a factor of 3 (https://www.cdc.gov/flu/highrisk/children.htm#danger)

 

So a mild flu year sees several hundred pediatric deaths.  A bad year sees 1000.  In 12 months covid has seen 200.

 

The flu is far more dangerous for kids than covid. By a lot.

Edited by smokeybandit
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smokeybandit said:

 

There have been only about 200 kids who died with covid in two "seasons"

The most mild flu season in recent years saw 260 pediatric flu deaths. Meanwhile the CDC estimates that they undercount pediatric flu deaths by a factor of 3 (https://www.cdc.gov/flu/highrisk/children.htm#danger)

 

The flu is far more dangerous for kids than covid. By a lot.

By a factor of 4-5, but a flu vaccine reduces my kid's risk by 3-4x. So probably a little worse, but at best equivalent.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, lizzius said:

By a factor of 4-5, but a flu vaccine reduces my kid's risk by 3-4x. So probably a little worse, but at best equivalent.

In the last 10 years the flu vaccine hasn't been more than 52% effective.  At worst it wasn't even 20% effective.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

In the last 10 years the flu vaccine hasn't been more than 52% effective.  At worst it wasn't even 20% effective.

 

I think it's generally more effective against severe disease and death... I think it's par for the course for fewer than half of all deaths in a flu season to have had a flu shot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Some good news as it relates to getting cruising going, at least for Americans.

 

 

And only a month later than the prior administration’s estimated date for the same outcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/3/2021 at 1:24 PM, orville99 said:

the prior administration

...also said a year ago this time that the "virus will simply go away"....like magic....

Edited by OnTheJourney
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OnTheJourney said:

...also said a year ago this time that the "virus will simply go away"....like magic....

what virus!  😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

...also said a year ago this time that the "virus will simply go away"....like magic....

And a year ago, there was really nothing in the data that would indicate the virus would eventually become as prevalent as it ultimately did:

Here's what the CDC data showed for the first two weeks of March, 2020:

 

Cases:

Cases.JPG

 

Deaths:

Deaths.JPG

Edited by orville99
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/24/2021 at 2:31 PM, coffeebean said:

I don't really care at this point about challenging other rules. If the cruise lines can not make their own rules and mandate vaccines, then it will be a long time before cruising will resume safely. Sorry to say but that is my humble opinion.

By your reasoning, cruise lines that decide passengers do not have to be vaccinated are okay as well, right?

 

The chances of actually getting COVID in the first place, if you're not obese, immuno-compromised, or sick and aged, are very low.  I don't see a statistical marked difference for those in the vax and non-vax groups.  I'm hoping for a split -- RCCL declares people must be vaccinated, Carnival decides to let individuals take personal responsibility for their choices.  Everybody happy that way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

  I'm hoping for a split -- RCCL declares people must be vaccinated, Carnival decides to let individuals take personal responsibility for their choices.  Everybody happy that way.

Everybody is not happy that way.  What about the ports of call that want the visiting ships to have all adults on board vaccinated to limit the slim chance of a positive person visiting their country?  That is why RCI is choosing to have all crew as well as cruisers 16+ to be vaccinated on the Odyssey of the Seas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

  I'm hoping for a split -- RCCL declares people must be vaccinated, Carnival decides to let individuals take personal responsibility for their choices.  Everybody happy that way.

Not going to happen

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Incognito1 said:

By your reasoning, cruise lines that decide passengers do not have to be vaccinated are okay as well, right?

 

The chances of actually getting COVID in the first place, if you're not obese, immuno-compromised, or sick and aged, are very low.  I don't see a statistical marked difference for those in the vax and non-vax groups.  I'm hoping for a split -- RCCL declares people must be vaccinated, Carnival decides to let individuals take personal responsibility for their choices.  Everybody happy that way.

"Everybody happy that way"  No everybody is not

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LGW59 said:

"Everybody happy that way"  No everybody is not

Which cruisers would not be happy, other than those wanting to make choices for others? And, regarding the ports, I'm guessing most will open up out of sheer economic necessity.  But we'll see.  It's not our decision.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT: Azamara - We are back with New Greece Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...