If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

I seriously doubt they would expect people to wear masks while they sleep

A certain poster has indicated he feels it should be required.

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

The card you get when you get vaccinated, which one could fabricate in about 10 minutes.

Our state issues a certificate of vaccination also.  The argument that people can fabricate one can apply to a lot of  documents.  We've both had both doses and I have no problem showing my card or certificate, but the reality is, we know we've been vaccinated .  I think the idea of people faking them is way overblown.

4 minutes ago, BND said:

Our state issues a certificate of vaccination also.  The argument that people can fabricate one can apply to a lot of  documents.  We've both had both doses and I have no problem showing my card or certificate, but the reality is, we know we've been vaccinated .  I think the idea of people faking them is way overblown.

Like many other documents there's at least a seal or some official identifier number. The CDC vaccine cards are just card stock with stickers no different than DIY address labels. That's what makes it easy to fabricate since there's no way to officially verify it.

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Like many other documents there's at least a seal or some official identifier number. The CDC vaccine cards are just card stock with stickers no different than DIY address labels. That's what makes it easy to fabricate since there's no way to officially verify it.

I didn't say it wasn't easy to fabricate, what I said was I think the idea of many people doing it is overblown.  BTW, seals can be faked too.  Our certificate from the state has an ID number on it  as well as the type of vaccine, lot numbers and dates received and that it's through the VA Health Dept.  

2 hours ago, pinnacleking2021 said:

i am vaccinated and ready to cruise! i just hope they dont punish the people who got the vaccine by forcing us to wear masks 24.7 

Why do you see it as a punisment? A lot was learned about the virus but various things are still unknown + the mutations. Hence, when things will get started even with fully vacinated adults maks will need to be mandatory in most public spaces onboard. The more Science will learn throughout time maks will also disapear / reduced to be worn to a minimum. 

38 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That's what makes it easy to fabricate since there's no way to officially verify it.

Have you been vaccinated?  We had to enter our personal info. We get updates and surveys from the site that administered the vaccine. They know who got what. The boss saw something from one of the hospitals she covers regarding a database for keeping the vaccine records. 

M8

4 minutes ago, broadwaybaby123 said:

They already made the announcement yesterday.  All adults over 18 will have to be vaccinated (guests who can't, including kids will have to have a PCR test 3 days prior to sailing) and masks will be required.

You're wrong.  Nothing was mentioned about masks.  And nothing was mentioned about guests who can't.  What was mentioned is all guests over 18 need to be vaccinated, kids need the negative test and the other protocols and restrictions have not yet been determined, which would include masks, social distancing and possible excursion bubbles.

6 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

And those 2 states have amoung the most deaths per capita per day in the country.

Texas is less than 1000 from over taking NY in covid deaths

Where did you get that information? Florida does not have anywhere near  the most deaths per capita!ll As of yesterday, Texas is 23rd and Florida is 26th. 
That’s out of 50 states, by the way. 

1 minute ago, SNJCruisers said:

And nothing was mentioned about guests who can't.

What do you mean?  If you can’t get the vaccine based on a health condition, why would you want to travel on a cruise ship which in mainly indoors and crowded at times.  Not sure the cruise lines want to risk you getting sick. 

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Have you been vaccinated?  We had to enter our personal info. We get updates and surveys from the site that administered the vaccine. They know who got what. The boss saw something from one of the hospitals she covers regarding a database for keeping the vaccine records. 

M8

The providers have the info, sure. Those doing the 3rd party verifying of proof of vaccine (in this case, a cruise line) will have to rely solely on the cardstock with stickers.

I forget where I read it but someone wants to see the original vaccination card in order to be able to sail.  (it said a copy won't do).  Wonder what happens if you lose your card?  I will scan and take a picture of mine after the second shot but that still doesn't qualify as the original card

Edited by molly361
11 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

You're wrong.  Nothing was mentioned about masks.  And nothing was mentioned about guests who can't.  What was mentioned is all guests over 18 need to be vaccinated, kids need the negative test and the other protocols and restrictions have not yet been determined, which would include masks, social distancing and possible excursion bubbles.

Actually, if you look at the blog post, they mention that masks will be required: What you need to know about Royal Caribbean's new cruises from The Bahamas | Royal Caribbean Blog  Scroll until it says "What about masks, social distancing, and other protocols".  It mentions at first that masks will not be required, then it says that masks will be required.

They haven't mentioned anything in regards to social distancing.

Edited by broadwaybaby123
3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

The providers have the info, sure. Those doing the 3rd party verifying of proof of vaccine (in this case, a cruise line) will have to rely solely on the cardstock with stickers.

I expect by then they should be able to access online. My opinion from what feedback I get from the boss. 

I sure hope they don’t allow people to board with just the card which like has been stated is easily faked. It wouldn’t look very good if the cruise lines had an infection onboard by someone with a faked vaccine card. 

1 minute ago, molly361 said:

I forget where I read it but someone wants to see the original vaccination card in order to be able to sail.  (it said a copy won't do).  Wonder what happens if you lose your card?  I will scan and take a picture of mine after the second shot but that still doesn't qualify as the original card

We have ours stored and in the safe with our passports. 

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I expect by then they should be able to access online. My opinion from what feedback I get from the boss. 

I sure hope they don’t allow people to board with just the card which like has been stated is easily faked. It wouldn’t look very good if the cruise lines had an infection onboard by someone with a faked vaccine card. 

I think an American vaccine passport is a long long way away, if ever. Even the WHO recommends against vaccine passports at least for the near term until we learn more about how long vaccines last.

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I wonder this too?  Also, I wonder how easy it will be to replace (this coming from someone who has to order

both A replacement birth certificate and marriage license ;))?

Just now, smokeybandit said:

I think an American vaccine passport is a long long way away, if ever. Even the WHO recommends against vaccine passports at least for the near term until we learn more about how long vaccines last.

I still think there is too much risk for the cruise lines should someone board with fake credentials (vaccine) and infection occurs onboard. 

1 minute ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I wonder this too?  Also, I wonder how easy it will be to replace (this coming from someone who has to order

both A replacement birth certificate and marriage license ;))?

You would have to go back to your provider to get a replacement card.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You would have to go back to your provider to get a replacement card.

Thx!  Note, we actually got ours from a mass vaccination site at the local horse racing track (lol, seriously!!), so hopefully our regular medical office could give us a duplicate card 🙂

Edited by vacationlover_mn
16 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

What do you mean?  If you can’t get the vaccine based on a health condition, why would you want to travel on a cruise ship which in mainly indoors and crowded at times.  Not sure the cruise lines want to risk you getting sick. 

Nothing was mentioned in the Royal statement regarding those people that can't get the vaccine being allowed on the ship. I was responding to Broadway baby's post.  If I am mistaken, provide me a link that states that those cruisers that can't get the vaccine are allowed on the ship.  The promotional email I got stated that all over the age of 18 had to be vaccinated and that those under 18 needed negative tests.

Just now, SNJCruisers said:

Nothing was mentioned in the Royal statement regarding those people that can't get the vaccine being allowed on the ship. I was responding to Broadway baby's post.  If I am mistaken, provide me a link that states that those cruisers that can't get the vaccine are allowed on the ship.  The promotional email I got stated that all over the age of 18 had to be vaccinated and that those under 18 needed negative tests.

I misunderstood your post obviously. I thought you were saying those that “can’t” get the vaccine should be allowed to board. My bad. 

16 minutes ago, molly361 said:

I keep my original card with my passport. I've never lost my passport so there is that.