If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

954 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

10 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

At this stage if someone can't get vacinated because of "health" conditions then they should definetly not go on a cruise both for their own health and safety and for the thousands of crew members and passengers.

This is yet one more thing that has not been clearly decided by Royal and appears that it will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

16. If a vaccination is medically contraindicated because of a disability, how is this handled?

Guests unable to comply with safety requirements due to medical disabilities should contact Royal Caribbean's Access Department at (866) 592-7225 or send an e-mail to special_needs@rccl.com. Should you require it, our fax number is(954)628-9622. If desired, travel partners may contact us on their guest’s behalf.

18 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

At this stage if someone can't get vacinated because of "health" conditions

Anyone claiming the can’t get the vaccine because of health conditions at this point is almost certainly lying, or their doctor is dumb.  My MIL who has lupus, cancer, is living on a transplanted kidney, and takes a daily regimen of tons of immunosuppressants because of the transplant and the lupus got one.  If she, with all of those disorders, including the immune system issues, gets one, then everyone can get one.  The only real issue is whether or not a vaccine is effective and works in a person like her, not whether it is safe to take it.

Edited by Fido Chuckwagon
16 hours ago, coffeebean said:

My vaccine provider is a temporary set up with my county in Florida. I would hope my information is in a state data base. Hope the information in this article is factual and correct.......

Immunization Registry

In my case, I had to provide my health insurance information.  The vaccination site is run by CIC Health.  While the vaccine is free, administration of it is paid by insurance.  So there have to be records of my vaccination in several databases in addition to the card I have.

Edited by soremekun
26 minutes ago, Fido Chuckwagon said:

Anyone claiming the can’t get the vaccine because of health conditions at this point is almost certainly lying, or their doctor is dumb.  My MIL who has lupus, cancer, is living on a transplanted kidney, and takes a daily regimen of tons of immunosuppressants because of the transplant and the lupus got one.  If she, with all of those disorders, including the immune system issues, gets one, then everyone can get one.  The only real issue is whether or not a vaccine is effective and works in a person like her, not whether it is safe to take it.

Of course, these would be people like the ones that claim they are "disabled" and must have a scooter because they are to lazy to walk. There are many that fully depend on such aid because they really are  barely able to walk and would not be able to cruise without it but there are a large number of people that just have a scooter not because they need it for medical reasons.

RCL should be consequent, people that claim they can't get vaccinated or be able to wear a mask should not board a cruiseship with 0 tolerance.

51 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

It's nice to hear and hope you will be able to enjoy the concerts safely. It's maybe just to early unless you can only attend if vaccinated as such events are a big risk to turn out into super spreader events as long as many people are not yet vaccinated. A big threat to Florida is currently the events around Spring Break which could have again a negative effect and delay things even further for going back to a more normal.

Vaccinations not required for concert. There is some cap on capacity. Florida has been open since May-June. Kids are back in school, very little issue. Sports are happening. NASCAR has moved several of their races to Florida from lockdown States that prohibit them. Win-win for Florida. The issues in Miami dealt with gun play and a shooting. That part is not being covered by the National Media. National media is all about Covid. We had nearly 500k bikers and Spring Breakers here in Daytona/Ormond area two weeks ago. No big surge. Only waves were coming ashore on the beach. 

I track the ICU available beds for Florida Hospitals. We have 25% available which is normal and the total bed count has dropped a 1000 (when things get bad they can and do add beds as needed). The 25% number is a good number. Hospitals don’t make money from a vacant bed. 

Florida’s numbers are better than many lockdown States. We eat out quite often and restaurants are very full, especially during snowbird season.  We wear our mask when indoors shopping and as appropriate. We don’t judge others who don’t, we just avoid them as practical. 

People are just tired and at wits end for being in this state of mind for a year. Their frustrations are showing and you can see in here as well. 

M8

6 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Vaccinations not required for concert. There is some cap on capacity. Florida has been open since May-June. Kids are back in school, very little issue. Sports are happening. NASCAR has moved several of their races to Florida from lockdown States that prohibit them. Win-win for Florida. The issues in Miami dealt with gun play and a shooting. That part is not being covered by the National Media. National media is all about Covid. We had nearly 500k bikers and Spring Breakers here in Daytona/Ormond area two weeks ago. No big surge. Only waves were coming ashore on the beach. 

I track the ICU available beds for Florida Hospitals. We have 25% available which is normal and the total bed count has dropped a 1000 (when things get bad they can and do add beds as needed). The 25% number is a good number. Hospitals don’t make money from a vacant bed. 

Florida’s numbers are better than many lockdown States. We eat out quite often and restaurants are very full, especially during snowbird season.  We wear our mask when indoors shopping and as appropriate. We don’t judge others who don’t, we just avoid them as practical. 

People are just tired and at wits end for being in this state of mind for a year. Their frustrations are showing and you can see in here as well. 

M8

Happy to hear that things are working out quite good in FL and you have some normality back to daily life. Luckily you also have the mild climate that enables you to have lot's of activite outside and also eat outside in Restaurants, which surely helps as well.

At the end it's about keeping a balance and as long as hospital capacity is under control this enables to give your population more freedom.

We all hope this will be over eventualy and let us live mostly as we were able to do so before COVID.

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

It's nice to hear and hope you will be able to enjoy the concerts safely. It's maybe just to early unless you can only attend if vaccinated as such events are a big risk to turn out into super spreader events as long as many people are not yet vaccinated. A big threat to Florida is currently the events around Spring Break which could have again a negative effect and delay things even further for going back to a more normal.

No matter what happens with spring break Florida will not go backward as far as normality goes.  We have been eating inside restaurants for months and they are very busy.  I have been seeing my son on a regular basis, visiting with my group of friends weekly, getting my nails done and my dogs groomed since May.  We had a Thanksgiving, Christmas and birthdays as we always have.  I know that cruising will not be a vacation for us for a long time but I am starting to plan a road trip or two.  

5 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

Happy to hear that things are working out quite good in FL and you have some normality back to daily life. Luckily you also have the mild climate that enables you to have lot's of activite outside and also eat outside in Restaurants, which surely helps as well.

Some restaurants have limited outdoor seating, more so on the beach or river, but most really don’t.  I can’t remember when the last time we ate outdoors. Florida has a milder climate but its sub tropical and rains can be the norm. Can’t use outdoor seating in the rain and can’t use it to point to for our current situation.  Our numbers are better than or equal to most lockdown States.

Just think, Florida is going to be smarter too as our kids have been back in school all year. 😇

M8

8 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Some restaurants have limited outdoor seating, more so on the beach or river, but most really don’t.  I can’t remember when the last time we ate outdoors. Florida has a milder climate but its sub tropical and rains can be the norm. Can’t use outdoor seating in the rain and can’t use it to point to for our current situation.  Our numbers are better than or equal to most lockdown States.

Just think, Florida is going to be smarter too as our kids have been back in school all year. 😇

M8

Not all of Florida is warm year round either.  We have had some cold weather so eating outside is not something we want to do.  At the first part of last May we did eat outside a few times but after that it has been inside at restaurants for us at least once a week.  Children need to be back in school everywhere just like the children in our area have been since September.

2 hours ago, soremekun said:

In my case, I had to provide my health insurance information.  The vaccination site is run by CIC Health.  While the vaccine is free, administration of it is paid by insurance.  So there have to be records of my vaccination in several databases in addition to the card I have.

Your state health department probably keeps a record of vaccination. I went to the CDC IIS page and found the link to Maryland's records. They have links to other states. When I went to the Maryland website link there was a link to imunization records. I registered for those and found a lovely Certificate of Covid 19 vaccinaion certified by the Maryland Department of Health with my name on it. I printed it out and the printed certificate is watermarked with the state seal! I don't know about other states but here we can obtain  a really nice record. I think it is much better than the CDC card. 

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/contacts-locate-records.html

Edited by Charles4515
2 hours ago, soremekun said:

I also went to a CIC Health run location (Gillette) and received an email with a link to download my medical record after I got my first shot.  Unfortunately, that link took me to the site to make an appointment.  I get my second shot on Tuesday and hope the link I get after that shot actually works.  As far as CIC and health insurance information, I entered my insurance information for the first shot, but when I was told to make my second appointment as I was waiting my 15 minutes, they were telling people not to enter insurance information.

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

Not all of Florida is warm year round either.  We have had some cold weather so eating outside is not something we want to do. 

But isn't what constitutes cold weather a matter of perspective.  For many Floridians, 59 is cold.  For parts of the country, 59 allows some to break out the shorts in March.🩳

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

M8

Rains can be the norm?  not this time of year.  Seldom rains between Jan and June,  I haven't seen rain in southwest florida in weeks.  We always eat or drinks at outdoor restaurants/bars on Fridays, haven't been rained out since the end of October

8 minutes ago, SNJCruisers said:

But isn't what constitutes cold weather a matter of perspective.  For many Floridians, 59 is cold.  For parts of the country, 59 allows some to break out the shorts in March.🩳

Very easy to spot the tourists in Florida in December.  We are the ones without coats.

21 minutes ago, M&A said:

Rains can be the norm?  not this time of year.  Seldom rains between Jan and June,  I haven't seen rain in southwest florida in weeks.  We always eat or drinks at outdoor restaurants/bars on Fridays, haven't been rained out since the end of October

Not sure where you live in Florida but it’s been raining and cool the last two days. It also rained all day the first Saturday during Bikeweek. It rains nearly every afternoon come May to September. 

18 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Agree, can't ever see Vaccine required here for Concert, Amusement Parks, etc. On news 98% AMC Movie Theaters are open this weekend, even NY is opening Restaurants and other Venues now. A Mandate is hard sell in US, shoot only 52% Medical Field have even received it, about 1/3 said they don't ever plan on getting it. Cruises, do not see Vaccine required for too long on Royal, Children will be board w/o Vaccine as they start so no 100% anyway. Did get my first shot, around people need keep safe and now bases covered want to Cruise soon. Though interesting as my Vaccine Card all personal info Blank, no name with just Vaccince info/date. Guess I'll fill in in before my second shot in 2wks... Funny should mention Blue Oyster Cult, was just listening to them thinking back 40+ years ago went to Black and Blue Concert, Black Sabbath/Blue Oyster Cult

Reality.  Soft White Underbelly concerts rule!  Deep Purple brought back memories. Saw Michael Schenker with DP road crew at small venue a few years ago and shook his hand after show.  Imagine that is a thing of the past.  They played all the best DP, Scorpions and other sets.  Will really be glad to return to shows.  Can't legislate common sense on reopening, but also the data is highly manipulated.  Florida is such a special case as they dont count snow birds as a state case, nor the many tourists who bring it home.  Still glad to see rates dropping and some return to normal life, even if premature (or not).  Disease is always a hard thing to predict as they mutate, etc.

Edited by Pizzasteve
4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

I'm in central Florida and restaurants around here cater to outside dining. Most every restaurant has seating outside. They have those gas heaters for when it gets a bit nippy and they work great.

6 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

That is so true.  Even 69 can be cool for me if the wind is blowing and it is overcast.  

On 3/18/2021 at 6:07 PM, CaroleSS said:

What you should see is an opportunity for your body to protect itself. 😎

In other countries they eat things we would never consider eating.....they see bugs (worms, grubs, scorpions) as an additional source of protein. Once (note the word ONCE) we ate fried crickets!

Apparently cricket flour and powder is a thing. 🦗

On 3/19/2021 at 3:41 PM, Milwaukee Eight said:

P&O, owned by Carnival has already mandated vaccines. 

I was asking what State do you live in?

He said it wasn’t Texas or Florida so I think that was his way of answering your question.

Over 50% of adults in the UK have has their first jabs now. Hopefully we will get our second in May. A little concerned that govts around the world are talking about refusing various drug companies to forfill their contracts in exporting drugs. Though we have some homemade capacity in the UK, a lot of components of the vials, needle and drugs are from around the world. This will definately slow down the vaccine programme and may delay the opening up of society this Spring. 

Specifically for this thread, it may decrease the number of people fully vaccinated and able to cruise if this is a requirement