If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

954 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

5 hours ago, BND said:

And the flu vaccine lasts no more than a year, so we get the vaccine every year.  Why should this be any different?    Where'd you come up with ~6 months?  At this point they know it lasts at least 3 and that will change the longer the vaccines are tested.  And, the heart inflammation you're talking about, from what cardiologists have said is not usually permanent.  It's not unusual with some infections.  The study that was done was done on 100 people aged 45-53, which is prime heart disease age,  and is very, very small group.  People need to be careful searching so hard for problems.   Flu can cause heart issues also, as can many other infections.  

The point about temporary immunity is in regards to previous poster stating that most will shrug it off and move on.  If you have it once, doesn't mean you won't contract again.  Given that, at present, there is no vaccine, many of the 5+ million Americans are potentially open to a relapse in the late fall or winter.  In terms of the inflammation, there is no conclusive data yet on whether it is temporary or long term.  Point being, better to be on the cautious side than believe because some one is in a younger age bracket that there are no risks.

No!  
The mad dash to rush this vaccine out to market is not safe!  I will only submit to the vaccine after it is proven to be safe and reliable.....not interested in being a Guinea Pig!

Getting the vaccine before it’s proven effective is like jumping into a floating Petri dish on the ocean!

12 hours ago, Airbear232 said:

Yes, but there is still uncertainty whether having the virus will grant permanent immunity.  It may only last ~6 months.  Also, some indications in German studies of cardiac impact (mainly inflammation) in up to 80% of total people who recovered from Covid (including those under 50).  People need to be very careful with this.  My son's 22, I don't want him being cavalier thinking he'll shrug it off and potentially damage his heart for life in the process. 

No lasting effects here...  well, except for a renewed appreciation for life!  The media tries to make it out to be exotic, but it was very, very similar to the flu.

Edited by Castaway Cowgirl
1 hour ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

No lasting effects here...  well, except for a renewed appreciation for life!  The media tries to make it out to be exotic, but it was very, very similar to the flu.

The families of 172,000 Americans would beg to differ!

4 minutes ago, taznremmy said:

@yogimax  I saw that figure today in the newspaper (170,294 as of 8/16/20).  So sad that everyone doesn't understand that it affects different people, different ways.  We need to all pull together for the good of humanity. 

Well said!

Absolutely 100% NO!  That "vaccine" is going to kill more people then the CDC is reporting to ever have had it.  Don't need to sail that bad.
The Russian vaccine yes. The vaccines that are currently being tested in the US, no.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

As much as I love cruises, I will not be spending my money to go on a cruise and wear a mask. I am still unsure about the vaccine thing, so that will keep me off of the ships until the are able to take guests without mandating a mask!

18 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

I think those antibody tests are hit and miss but I'm not sure. I know that the one and only person who I know that has had Covid positively and spent almost 60 days in ICU with almost half of that on a ventilator tested negative on his first few tests. 

Can't wait to go back to Vegas. Was there for the first time 2 years ago and we plan on going back 2021 if all goes well to do some more......more of everything hahaha. And golf.....gotta get some rounds in. 

I have also been told this.

Vegas is awesome - one of my favorite places to visit.  There are some fantastic courses out there!!!

12 hours ago, Castaway Cowgirl said:

I'm glad that your experience wasn't severe and that you've rebounded.  But this isn't the experience of everyone.  In terms of long term effects, you can't be certain of outcome at this point. 

At present, the world's most advanced nation, the US, has 175+k deaths reported from SARS-CoV-2.  This is likely also an understatement, as even the president has admitted.  It is not similar and is very much worse than the so-called "normal" flu.  Could anyone have imagined this would be the case a year ago?  It is really a lot to register and certainly can cause many to be skeptical.

There is nothing I'd like more than to be completely wrong on this and for someone in a few months to say, "you were foolish, it's all over."  If this turns out to be the case, please send this message back to me around Thanksgiving time and tell me how wrong I was.

However, data strongly suggests that things will get worse during the fall (if people do not practice social distancing, proper hygiene, and wearing masks) and we won't really be safe until there is an effective vaccine.  I hope you and everyone else on the boards here stay safe and healthy.

1 minute ago, Airbear232 said:

I'm glad that your experience wasn't severe and that you've rebounded.  But this isn't the experience of everyone.  In terms of long term effects, you can't be certain of outcome at this point. 

At present, the world's most advanced nation, the US, has 175+k deaths reported from SARS-CoV-2.  This is likely also an understatement, as even the president has admitted.  It is not similar and is very much worse than the so-called "normal" flu.  Could anyone have imagined this would be the case a year ago?  It is really a lot to register and certainly can cause many to be skeptical.

There is nothing I'd like more than to be completely wrong on this and for someone in a few months to say, "you were foolish, it's all over."  If this turns out to be the case, please send this message back to me around Thanksgiving time and tell me how wrong I was.

However, data strongly suggests that things will get worse during the fall (if people do not practice social distancing, proper hygiene, and wearing masks) and we won't really be safe until there is an effective vaccine.  I hope you and everyone else on the boards here stay safe and healthy.

CareBear have you taken the time to view statistics of Covid19?   

Do you understand IFR and CFR?  

What is your age?  

I mean there is no reason to message you around Thanksgiving because you are wrong right now.  

21 hours ago, mickeychicky said:

Absolutely 100% NO!  That "vaccine" is going to kill more people then the CDC is reporting to ever have had it.  Don't need to sail that bad.

Sure would like some facts that support your post.

0EA54DE6-7E5C-4EF3-8A39-2DD6662B14C9.gif.9ecf3ee2882624491da802f944313cfb.gif

1 hour ago, TheMastodon said:

CareBear have you taken the time to view statistics of Covid19?   

Do you understand IFR and CFR?  

What is your age?  

I mean there is no reason to message you around Thanksgiving because you are wrong right now.  

Seriously?  Yes, yes, I don't really believe I'm off on any of this.  And, mastodons are extinct.

1 hour ago, Airbear232 said:

Seriously?  Yes, yes, I don't really believe I'm off on any of this.  And, mastodons are extinct.

This one isn’t.  Virus took a look at me and ran the other way.... like 99% of people it touches.  

4 minutes ago, Vacationdreamer<>< said:

Thanks, I think it was expected that US wouldn't make mandatory but doesn't mean that airlines or cruiselines won't.  May be in their best interests to do so - especially with regards to financing and insurance.

1 minute ago, Airbear232 said:

Thanks, I think it was expected that US wouldn't make mandatory but doesn't mean that airlines or cruiselines won't.  May be in their best interests to do so - especially with regards to financing and insurance.

Agreed.

Could also be mandated by state, or school district, etc.  

If that is the ONLY way I could cruise, I will get it, but don't want to

I have never had a FLU Shot and don't want this either, but if I have to do it to cruise, I will suck it up and do it, even though I don't believe for one second that it will prevent anything, any more than the Flu Shot prevents you from getting the flu.  

[quote post=60288787" timestamp="1597868175" name="Vacationdreamer Agreed.

Health care workers could be mandated.

I think there is a good chance that the cruise lines will. And foreign governments. If Australia mandates it then other governments likely will too. So the cruise lines won’t have to mandate it themselves but they will have to enforce it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

17 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

[quote post=60288787" timestamp="1597868175" name="Vacationdreamer Agreed.

Health care workers could be mandated.

I think there is a good chance that the cruise lines will. And foreign governments. If Australia mandates it then other governments likely will too. So the cruise lines won’t have to mandate it themselves but they will have to enforce it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

He walked it back a bit.  

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/19/vaccine-should-be-as-mandatory-as-possible-australian-pm-says.html

36 minutes ago, RCLcruiser2012 said:

Absolutely not!  I am pro vaccine but not this fast tracked vaccine.  It's all about the money.......  Follow the money trail. 

All about the money???????  I don't think so.  It's about getting life back to normal as quickly as possible.