Jump to content

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???


If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

605 members have voted

  1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

    • YES
      464
    • NO
      141


Recommended Posts

It apparently has the U.S full support. Though what about European GDPR in all this.   

I am sure for money Cunard will do the test though the vaccine will probably well up and running by November and you will need the vaccine to board that is almost certain. People like us will just have to take a paper copy of the vaccine cert. A lot of older people have the doro phone the phone with the big buttons. My father does.

 

 

Anyone can use a tablet like an iPad or other brand of tablet. And they are not expensive. You obviously have internet and some connected device. There is internet on ships.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 11:12 PM, the more ports the better said:


This is absolutely false information.  I am in the Pfizer study in Orlando.  Our vaccine study phase 3 with 45,600 people, is well documented as is Moderna, phase 3, plus J&J, just completed phase 2, all near 100% effective at producing antibodies well above what is required to ward off COVID.  It produces viral loads similar to Shingrex or small pox, nothing like the flu which is comparing apples to broccoli.  Covid is a stable virus with a small number of variants of similar structure, all can easily be covered by a vaccine.  The flu has thousands of strains.

 

I received the vaccine and the booster.  I have had my antibodies tested several times and will again this week.  I believe I had the vaccine as several hours after the injection and the booster, I began to develop “tetanus shot arm.”  Very sore for a few days.  I also felt under the weather the next day.  Half of our group had the same symptoms, the other half had no symptoms.  We were told and it was stated in our informed consent forms that the placebo is simple saline and nothing would be added to mimic side effects of the vaccine.
 

Honestly, I have been vilified for participating in this study and reporting the positive results.  I don’t care if anyone is unhappy with my first hand, in the study, experience and the excellent results that have been published.  There are some people who just love the drama and negativity of all that is COVID.  I do, however, take exception to the spread of completely false statistics.

Will they notify you upon trial completion whether you got the actual vaccine or the placebo? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 11:12 PM, the more ports the better said:


This is absolutely false information.  I am in the Pfizer study in Orlando.  Our vaccine study phase 3 with 45,600 people, is well documented as is Moderna, phase 3, plus J&J, just completed phase 2, all near 100% effective at producing antibodies well above what is required to ward off COVID.  It produces viral loads similar to Shingrex or small pox, nothing like the flu which is comparing apples to broccoli.  Covid is a stable virus with a small number of variants of similar structure, all can easily be covered by a vaccine.  The flu has thousands of strains.

 

I received the vaccine and the booster.  I have had my antibodies tested several times and will again this week.  I believe I had the vaccine as several hours after the injection and the booster, I began to develop “tetanus shot arm.”  Very sore for a few days.  I also felt under the weather the next day.  Half of our group had the same symptoms, the other half had no symptoms.  We were told and it was stated in our informed consent forms that the placebo is simple saline and nothing would be added to mimic side effects of the vaccine.
 

Honestly, I have been vilified for participating in this study and reporting the positive results.  I don’t care if anyone is unhappy with my first hand, in the study, experience and the excellent results that have been published.  There are some people who just love the drama and negativity of all that is COVID.  I do, however, take exception to the spread of completely false statistics.

I'm delighted that there are people like you who are willing to put themselves out there for the betterment of us all. I'm also glad that the companies aren't waiting for the completion of testing before making millions of doses. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Testing will be useless when it comes to cruising. Steven Miller tested positive on his fifth day of isolation after testing negative the previous 4. I'm now convinced no cruises until next summer. The only way I get convinced otherwise is when I see ships leaving port with paying passengers on it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Will they notify you upon trial completion whether you got the actual vaccine or the placebo? 

Yes, upon approval by the FDA, all participants that received the placebo had to agree to immediately receive the vaccine.  This way there is no risk of participants seeking out vaccines from other companies and continuing with the study as we are followed for two years.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, the more ports the better said:

Yes, upon approval by the FDA, all participants that received the placebo had to agree to immediately receive the vaccine.  This way there is no risk of participants seeking out vaccines from other companies and continuing with the study as we are followed for two years.

Ah, that's good. I wish you luck and thank-you for doing that for us all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mapleleafforever said:

The only way I get convinced otherwise is when I see ships leaving port with paying passengers on it. 

Sailings on MS2 from Hamburg have been ongoing since late July.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

 


Maybe you better get a phone or a tablet. You don’t need cell, only WiFi. It is not that you can’t do it. You have the choice.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

 

Were I live is rural. A village. Google that village that lost it's broadband every day because of an old TV set and you will understand. it is hard line cable and broadband for the internet and routers plugged into the computer. I don't think there is any wifi around here. If there is I would not have a clue how to access it. It is beyond my technical knowhow. If i wish to send a text message I have go to outside my house and walk about a 3rd of mile to get a decent signal.

Edited by ace2542
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

If i wish to send a text message I have go to outside my house and walk about a 3rd of mile to get a decent signal.

You may want to invest in WiFi in the house and WiFi calling.

Edited by Biker19
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

 

Anyone can use a tablet like an iPad or other brand of tablet. And they are not expensive. You obviously have internet and some connected device. There is internet on ships.

 

 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

 

I have a PC computer with a tower, no tablet no ipad nothing. I have broadband and it is connected by a cable to the router which is connected to the phone which is connected to the mains power supply.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

You may want to invest in WiFi in the house and WiFi calling.

I like it the way it is. It works. I turn the computer and hit google and it works that is all I know. We have the internet for the PC to use google and stream tv shows. People want to talk to me on the phone they ring the house and i meet them or make arrangements and keep as people used to do before cellphones came out.

 

I am sure we will figure something out if we need to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ace2542 said:

People want to talk to me on the phone they ring the house and i meet them or make arrangements and keep as people used to do before cellphones came out.

Just suggesting a solution which would save you having to walk 1/3 mile to send/receive a text.

Link to post
Share on other sites
I have a PC computer with a tower, no tablet no ipad nothing. I have broadband and it is connected by a cable to the router which is connected to the phone which is connected to the mains power supply.


Most routers do WiFi. You could have it and not know it. If not you can get a router that does WiFi. Routers and tablets can be obtained inexpensively. With the ocean voyages you have planned a tablet would be a worthwhile purchase and make things a lot easier.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, SargassoPirate said:

 

Further, if we have suffered 210K deaths as of yesterday, 329,790,000 people in the US have not died from the virus.

I take it you don't have a loved one who has died!  If you did, you wouldn't be so cavalier with numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mapleleafforever said:

Testing will be useless when it comes to cruising. Steven Miller tested positive on his fifth day of isolation after testing negative the previous 4. I'm now convinced no cruises until next summer. The only way I get convinced otherwise is when I see ships leaving port with paying passengers on it. 

 

There is some truth to this!

 

Testing on day of cruise or 72 hours before travel only validates at that specific time you are negative.  Negative DOES NOT mean you didn't get exposed, aren't harboring the virus at low numbers not enough to generate a positive but enough to re-infect others.

 

That is why there is why to stop spread and drive the infection to 0 two steps are required

1) Test anyone-everyone that is of risk for having been exposed

2) Quarantine - Isolate for 14 days 

3) Test again at the end of quarantine 

 

That is why also contact tracing is critical as well, you need to identify anyone and everyone that came in contact with known infected and get them tested and quarantined if you want to get to a 0 infection and stomp this bug

 

 

By 2023-2024 we'll look back at this FUBAR and relish with new appreciation the good life and the sacrifices of the many millions that died prematurely 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ljason913 said:

i don't want to be the first guinea pig.i will wait a bit than decide to get the vaccine if its safe.to much rushing at the moment and political propaganda and agenda.

 

The rushing of the vaccine is indeed worrisome, the anti-vaccine are now being joined by the cautions-conservatives in their skepticism.  The combination of these two will result in a large enough % not choosing vaccination combined with likely less than best efficacy of the first generation of vaccines to cause this Pandemic to go far longer than it needs to.

 

A good mitigation/containment of this pandemic can't rely only on vaccine.  Some countries like New Zealand seems to show it is possible as is places like Taiwan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2020 at 8:12 PM, the more ports the better said:


This is absolutely false information.  I am in the Pfizer study in Orlando.  Our vaccine study phase 3 with 45,600 people, is well documented as is Moderna, phase 3, plus J&J, just completed phase 2, all near 100% effective at producing antibodies well above what is required to ward off COVID.  It produces viral loads similar to Shingrex or small pox, nothing like the flu which is comparing apples to broccoli.  Covid is a stable virus with a small number of variants of similar structure, all can easily be covered by a vaccine.  The flu has thousands of strains.

 

I received the vaccine and the booster.  I have had my antibodies tested several times and will again this week.  I believe I had the vaccine as several hours after the injection and the booster, I began to develop “tetanus shot arm.”  Very sore for a few days.  I also felt under the weather the next day.  Half of our group had the same symptoms, the other half had no symptoms.  We were told and it was stated in our informed consent forms that the placebo is simple saline and nothing would be added to mimic side effects of the vaccine.
 

Honestly, I have been vilified for participating in this study and reporting the positive results.  I don’t care if anyone is unhappy with my first hand, in the study, experience and the excellent results that have been published.  There are some people who just love the drama and negativity of all that is COVID.  I do, however, take exception to the spread of completely false statistics.

 

To have the antibodies doesn't mean you won't get infected, it means antibody has already active antibodies and likely a far faster and better chance at fighting it.    Nature will run it's course, your body will fight it and with far higher probability of beating it back before it can multiply and overwhelm your body.   One risk for any vaccine is that fine balance between getting the immune system to respond with minimal downside of the actual disease, funny balance the best way to get immune is exposure.   The staying what doesn't kill you makes you stronger has merit, LOL

 

The studies have still not shown evidence beyond getting a positive response.  Until we see mass vaccination and a drop in infection rate and most important death rate will we have any proof of efficacy.   This data will take widepread vaccination, and a lot of situational studies where we can evaluate infection and death rate decline.  This will take a long time...  

 

Till the above the continued approach by some countries like Taiwan or New Zealand or China where testing/containment is wide spread will rebound far faster than countries that discount any testing-containment strategy.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

I will get the vaccine and don't believe any dangerous "rushing" has gone on. Thousands of people are participating in the trials.

 

I am in the same camp, waited for an extra hour even with appointment to get my flu this week too.

 

But remember a few decades ago drinking, smoking etc... and a long list of things like eating processed foods were done by millions before it was discovered not so good for you, LOL

Edited by chipmaster
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Etta1213 said:

I will get the vaccine and don't believe any dangerous "rushing" has gone on. Thousands of people are participating in the trials.

yeah but u dont know the long term effects yet its so new

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2020 at 12:42 PM, ace2542 said:

People will get the "tetanus arm" effect unfortunately as you are having a needle stuck into your arm and kept there for a few seconds and you may move a little bit as a result so it and prods around a bit. Sadly  that magical needleless injector off star trek that even works through clothing has not been invented yet! 😁

 

Actually researchers at MIT have developed a needless injector that is now coming on market. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...