If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???

If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It???  

1,014 members have voted

1. 1. If Royal Requires A Covid-19 Vaccine Before Cruising Will You Get It So You Can Cruise Again?

• YES
    • NO

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

It's sad that anyone has to get that stressed out over getting an appt that they cry when it happens.    She is in Florida and so am I and I have had no luck getting one either

This is a very stressful time for many people, especially us older folks. It is very understandable to me that a person would become emotional when getting an appointment. I didn't get emotional but that is just me.

5 minutes ago, coffeebean said:

This is a very stressful time for many people, especially us older folks. It is very understandable to me that a person would become emotional when getting an appointment. I didn't get emotional but that is just me.

I did get emotional.  For me, getting the appointment for the vaccine was a sign that soon I would have some of my life back.  I’m 67 years old, I hope to have another 20 years, but I know towards the end I’ll slow down.  So, I have about 10 to 15 years to do the traveling I want to do.  I’ve had to cancel 6 vacations in the last year- 4 cruises, a river cruise and a land trip.  There are a lot of things I want to see.  I think this vaccine will allow me to get out there.  I got my first Moderna shot Monday, so I have about 6 weeks.  Come April I’m covered.

3 hours ago, time4u2go said:

Simple: A positive test followed later on by a negative test.

Which is exactly why I asked my question. There are 3 criteria in the post to which I referred: proof of vaccination, a negative test and proof of having recovered from Covid. If a negative test is required - following a positive test - surely there are should only be the first 2 criteria. I can prove I had it by showing an email/text confirming that but without testing me again for antibodies or for Covid again how can they say I am safe to travel. Just think the third option is flawed 

4 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Which is exactly why I asked my question. There are 3 criteria in the post to which I referred: proof of vaccination, a negative test and proof of having recovered from Covid. If a negative test is required - following a positive test - surely there are should only be the first 2 criteria. I can prove I had it by showing an email/text confirming that but without testing me again for antibodies or for Covid again how can they say I am safe to travel. Just think the third option is flawed 

They are limiting the proof of having Covid to a maximum of 3 months when the general consensus is that people retain the antibodies for 6 months

1 hour ago, coffeebean said:

There are scores of people who have had Covid and didn't even know they had it. That is what asymptomatic illness is. Is it considered dangerous for those asymptomatic people to get the two dose regimen of the mRNA vaccines or just pointless?

Not dangerous. What they are saying is that Covid immunity may not last long. One dose of a vaccine would be a booster for longer immunity for those who had Covid.

3 hours ago, coffeebean said:

How about the cruise lines begin with cruises to nowhere? I'd definitely be on board for that, especially on the larger ships. For me, the ship is the destination and I'm so happy with that. I would think there are plenty of people out there who would cruise under those circumstances.

There are a bunch of threads on the subject. Cruises to nowhere are not feasible because the crews would have to have Visas that are difficult to get and expensive.

Just when I think we are making progress out of this mess another wrench is thrown. White house is considering a ban on domestic travel to florida. Miami apparently has the majority of a. African variant of covid, so White House is considering what to do. 

I'm considering moving to florida. But until then I guess I might wind up continuing to drive there. I have the vaccine, but I know cdc doesnt consider it safe, especially from new variants. Let's take florida back down to level with ny they say. I can personally avoid miami.

If some kind of ban on travel to florida does get approved, that would kill cruising out of florida for the duration imo.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Celestyal Cruises just announced that they would require either a vaccination or a negative PCR test done within 72 hours in order to sail.

Seems like there are now a couple smaller lines offering a choice instead of 100% vaccination.

Awesome

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Just when I think we are making progress out of this mess another wrench is thrown. White house is considering a ban on domestic travel to florida. Miami apparently has the majority of a. African variant of covid, so White House is considering what to do. 

I'm considering moving to florida. But until then I guess I might wind up continuing to drive there. I have the vaccine, but I know cdc doesnt consider it safe, especially from new variants. Let's take florida back down to level with ny they say. I can personally avoid miami.

If some kind of ban on travel to florida does get approved, that would kill cruising out of florida for the duration imo.

It's all "relative."

When NYC was the epicenter of the virus at the outset with thousands and thousands of cases, hospitalizations and deaths, and a quarantine was considered by the administration; it was rebuked by governor of NY as illegal, supported by the MSM and related allies.  So now, we have a 180, as a small number of a "variant" (British, African or Brazilian, variant of the Wuhan, China 🤐 original virus) appear in Miami, in Florida.  What do you think that those so adamantly opposed to the NYC quarantine would think about a quarantine on the STATE of Florida?  🙃

Personally, I was in favor of the greater NYC area quarantine response at the time and believe that it was legal under cordon sanitaire from the Public Health Services Act.  But hey, political science is "the science" in lay of our land today.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/28/ny-gov-cuomo-says-trump-has-no-authority-to-impose-quarantine.html

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

It's all "relative."

When NYC was the epicenter of the virus at the outset with thousands and thousands of cases, hospitalizations and deaths, and a quarantine was considered by the administration; it was rebuked by governor of NY as illegal, supported by the MSM and related allies.  So now, we have a 180, as a small number of a "variant" (British, African or Brazilian, variant of the Wuhan, China 🤐 original virus) appear in Miami, in Florida.  What do you think that those so adamantly opposed to the NYC quarantine would think about a quarantine on the STATE of Florida?  🙃

Personally, I was in favor of the greater NYC area quarantine response at the time and believe that it was legal under cordon sanitaire from the Public Health Services Act.  But hey, political science is "the science" in lay of our land today.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/28/ny-gov-cuomo-says-trump-has-no-authority-to-impose-quarantine.html

I just think it would kill cruising even longer to scare people from travelling to florida. Maybe issue a warning for now, but not a ban. We have no idea how many covid positives or what variety cross into texas daily, but january set a record. They arent testing, just too many crossing, just releasing them in texas. I have no information other than texas, but its worrisome here.

How can you do one but ignore the other? 

DeSantis just pushed back calling it absurb

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/talks-of-travel-restrictions-in-florida-surface-as-variant-cases-emerge/2380793/

20210211_120815381.jpeg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

How can you do one but ignore the other? 

I hadn't seen that, thanks.  And, I do get it.

My point was, there was total support from the MSM in regards to NY versus administration; so with anticipation the wait to watch what they say about Florida (risking lives, dangerous, no regard for the science, reckless...just a few descriptions expected).

Again, I believe the federal government has the legal authority as cited, and believe that if the greater NYC area was quarantined at the outset of the pandemic it would not have traveled so far so fast. 

Heck Wuhan, a large metropolis about 2/3rd the size of NYC, was quarantined for 76 days; apparently effectively per world reports.

• Thanks 1

Yes, there's COVID and variants in Florida.  But positive tests and hospitalizations are declining, number of vaccines are rising and severity of positive tests has lessen.  Miami/So FL is the hot spot for variants, just like those areas were the hotspots for original COVID.  Part of the culture amongst the populace there.

In the meantime life for the rest of us Floridians , with our masks and precautions, goes on.  Unlike New York, New Jersey, Michigan,  California and Chicago schools where the pols are still forcing everyone to hunkered down shaking in fear.

Biggest panic is over which areas are able to get vaccines at Publix ("red" counties) and which are not ("deep blue" counties).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Formula280SS said:

Heck Wuhan, a large metropolis about 2/3rd the size of NYC, was quarantined for 76 days; apparently effectively per world reports.

Wuhan quarantine was effective because the Chinese send all infected people to Italy and beyond.😲🙃

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

Yes, there's COVID and variants in Florida.  But positive tests and hospitalizations are declining, number of vaccines are rising and severity of positive tests has lessen.  Miami/So FL is the hot spot for variants, just like those areas were the hotspots for original COVID.  Part of the culture amongst the populace there.

In the meantime life for the rest of us Floridians , with our masks and precautions, goes on.  Unlike New York, New Jersey, Michigan,  California and Chicago schools where the pols are still forcing everyone to hunkered down shaking in fear.

Biggest panic is over which areas are able to get vaccines at Publix ("red" counties) and which are not ("deep blue" counties).

Thanks.

We hear that from almost everyone that has been to Florida from the Fall through now.  Heck, even one of our sons, with essentially shuttered hospitality venues in Boston, just went back down there for another 6-8 weeks to enjoy not only the weather but the seemingly stress-free comparative daily life.

Funny about those vaccine colors.  😀

Funny here in our little state, vaccinations going as well as supply allows, it was just highlighted in the news how "thousands" are ready to assist in giving the vaccinations.  Odd in that we get 17,000 per week, a little under 2,500 a day.  If we have thousands doing the vaccination, what are they doing "one apiece per day?"  🙄

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ATG said:

I did get emotional.  For me, getting the appointment for the vaccine was a sign that soon I would have some of my life back.  I’m 67 years old, I hope to have another 20 years, but I know towards the end I’ll slow down.  So, I have about 10 to 15 years to do the traveling I want to do.  I’ve had to cancel 6 vacations in the last year- 4 cruises, a river cruise and a land trip.  There are a lot of things I want to see.  I think this vaccine will allow me to get out there.  I got my first Moderna shot Monday, so I have about 6 weeks.  Come April I’m covered.

I also got emotional when I got my vaccine for the exact reasons you stated.  I'll be 66 in the Spring so I totally get where you're coming from.  I got my first Moderna last Friday and get my next one the beginning of March.  I'm looking at mid-March to be covered.  Best wishes and good health to you and Happy Cruising!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ValerieJo said:

I also got emotional when I got my vaccine for the exact reasons you stated.  I'll be 66 in the Spring so I totally get where you're coming from.  I got my first Moderna last Friday and get my next one the beginning of March.  I'm looking at mid-March to be covered.  Best wishes and good health to you and Happy Cruising!

Thanks!  I know we will make it through this and be able to travel again.  And I look forward to eating out more often.  We go to our local pizza and sandwich place.  They are careful and we know the owners and staff.  They are just thrilled they have been able to stay in business.

• Like 1

My husband got his 2nd shot, (Moderna), today and I will get my 2nd shot, (Pfizer), on the 24th.  We are both looking forward to being able to dine inside, go to a movie, and see family - especially our 6 year old grandson who will be able to come for sleepovers.

We should both be clear by the middle to end of March - just around 1 year when all of this crap started for us.

• Like 4

On 2/10/2021 at 11:52 AM, coffeebean said:

For me, the ship is the destination

No...for us the destination is where the cruise is going, and thus the cruise is picked based on that. I would never be one who does the same cruises over and over just for the sake of cruising. So a 'cruise to nowhere' I really have little interest in. Before I'd do that I'd plan a car trip!  However, as a possible way to get the industry restarted it makes alot of sense. 

Edited by OnTheJourney

58 minutes ago, OnTheJourney said:

Be interesting to see how he feels. I've been hearing that the 2nd dose hits you considerably harder. We'll find out in a few weeks. 

We got our 2nd Moderna vaccine on Monday. My DH had no symtoms post vaccine but I had soreness in my arm, slight fever/chills/cough for 24 hours. No symptoms for either of us after that. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Be interesting to see how he feels. I've been hearing that the 2nd dose hits you considerably harder. We'll find out in a few weeks. 

Generally that is true, I had my second Moderna shot on this Monday and felt mild chills that night, fatigue, achiness and mild headache the next day.  Arm was sore for a day or so.  Could have taken tylenol (acetaminophen) but didn't.  Went to bed early and woke up at 5AM and felt fine.  

I'm working as the MD (prepared for any adverse immediate reactions) for our Covid Vaccine Clinic these past two weeks and have found no serious side effects in most.  Only mild and short lived symptoms for patients who had gotten the second vaccinations have been noted, none at all health threatening.  Oddly enough, it was mentioned by my colleagues overseeing the early vaccine clinics that anxiety attacks among the younger HCWs were the biggest deals.  Our seniors have all gotten their vaccines in stride and seem to be doing well with them.  I certainly hope this is encouraging for you all.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mek said:

My husband got his 2nd shot, (Moderna), today and I will get my 2nd shot, (Pfizer), on the 24th.  We are both looking forward to being able to dine inside, go to a movie, and see family - especially our 6 year old grandson who will be able to come for sleepovers.

We should both be clear by the middle to end of March - just around 1 year when all of this crap started for us.

Best wishes to you both!