Lift & Shift Extended

CHEZMARYLOU

A prudent decision no doubt to keep cruisers interested in booking new reservations and keeping money in cruise line coffers. I wouldnt be surprised as each month is cancelled to cruising they extend lift and shift accordingly.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jwc1027 said:

A prudent decision no doubt to keep cruisers interested in booking new reservations and keeping money in cruise line coffers. I wouldnt be surprised as each month is cancelled to cruising they extend lift and shift accordingly.

It makes financial sense for both the cruise company and passengers.

• Like 1

not so great a deal!  I was working with my TA for a Jan 2022 booking as well as putting another trip on hold.  she got the one on hold and called Celebrity to book the other, the price went up $1,000.  TA argued with agent, spoke to resolution desk and was told if she had a screen shot they would give the lower price, we didn't do a screen shot because we were going to book right then.  I looked up the 4 cruises we have for next year, and sure enough, all prices increased by $1000.

40 minutes ago, BRONZEMEMBER said:

not so great a deal!  I was working with my TA for a Jan 2022 booking as well as putting another trip on hold.  she got the one on hold and called Celebrity to book the other, the price went up $1,000.  TA argued with agent, spoke to resolution desk and was told if she had a screen shot they would give the lower price, we didn't do a screen shot because we were going to book right then.  I looked up the 4 cruises we have for next year, and sure enough, all prices increased by $1000.

That’s why lift and shift works for many, the price is locked in. Sadly it probably is having an impact for some making new booking as many are shifting to 2022, that’s why we moved ours quickly as I can see limited availability as more people move.

• Like 1

Since 4 weeks ago,  I do 2 L&S, The new cruises are in the CP with complete OBC and the selected cabin,  How long do the confirmations (Passenger Copy) take to be ready?, My TA can't print them or send by email, X says that the price is not adjusted yet!.  If X are doing it manually (one by one) it will take forever. Hope them be ready before final payment date.

Additional comment, when the L&S was requested, X promised that in 3 weeks them would be ready, better that they do not give a date if they do not know when the process will be finished.

Edited by gerelmx

I called last week to L&S our Transatlantic cruise on the Apex - "shifting" from October 22, 2020 to October 21, 2021. I was told that I should receive a new booking confirmation within 72 hours. It's now been a full 8 days I still have not received any information. When I log into my X account, it's still showing the 2020 sailing under my reservations.

19 minutes ago, bhughey said:

I called last week to L&S our Transatlantic cruise on the Apex - "shifting" from October 22, 2020 to October 21, 2021. I was told that I should receive a new booking confirmation within 72 hours. It's now been a full 8 days I still have not received any information. When I log into my X account, it's still showing the 2020 sailing under my reservations.

It's time to call and make sure the L&S didn't fall between the cracks.

Edited by Fouremco

3 hours ago, Fouremco said:

It's time to call and make sure the L&S didn't fall between the cracks.

Took your advice and called Celebrity - apparently they are behind in sending confirmations - it's apparently done, but processing or whatever 🙂

This has probably been asked on one of the many threads about this topic, but finding it would be a challenge so I'll ask here - is shifting from an Eastern Caribbean itinerary to a Western Caribbean itinerary allowed because it is all Caribbean?  I'm doubting it is, but hoping someone can tell me they have done it.  Trying to convince hubby to shift our week after Thanksgiving trip on Apex to next year, but that week it is doing the opposite of what we have planned this year (West vs East).  The only one that 'fits' the criteria exactly is over Thanksgiving week and I don't want to be away from my family.  The cynical part of me thinks they did that on purpose but maybe I am overthinking it.  If I could shift from an Eastern to a Western that would be great.

Yes, you can shift from an Eastern to a Western.  What you can't do is a completely different itinerary, Alaska for Bermuda for example.  You can go on Celebrity's web site and start the process to L&S to see available sailings you are eligible for.  Just don't complete the process until you are sure.

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yes, you can shift from an Eastern to a Western.  What you can't do is a completely different itinerary, Alaska for Bermuda for example.  You can go on Celebrity's web site and start the process to L&S to see available sailings you are eligible for.  Just don't complete the process until you are sure.

Thank you! 

Edited by phoenix_dream

This is the one time my taking advantage of onboard booking and promotions is not working in my favor. I've got a February Edge cruise that part of me would like to L&S just so I could figure out something else to do in February, BUT I already have the same week booked on Apex for 2022, and I can only do Presidents' Week as we're out of school (I teach). So I'm in the wait and see mode and then if it doesn't go I'll likely take the FCC for what I pay cash-wise for it and apply that to one of my scheduled B2Bs in July and the FCC that's already on there to the other of the B2Bs in July.

Darn planning ahead for making things complicated!!

Have you thought about doing the L&S and just moving your existing 2022 cruise out as a placeholder for something in the future?  This might make sense if you got a better deal on the Edge sailing than the Apex one.  In reality I don't think you would even need to move the Apex sailing prior to doing L&S.  Nothing keeps you from having 2 reservations on the same cruise.

3 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Have you thought about doing the L&S and just moving your existing 2022 cruise out as a placeholder for something in the future?  This might make sense if you got a better deal on the Edge sailing than the Apex one.  In reality I don't think you would even need to move the Apex sailing prior to doing L&S.  Nothing keeps you from having 2 reservations on the same cruise.

The thing is I got the Apex with an all 4 perks promotion, so I really don't want to lose that.

I'll just leave things as they are and if it's cancelled use the 2 FCCs (since I don't think they combine it so I'd get the initial one back plus one for the remaining amount I paid for) as I said - one on each B2B leg in July. Plus that takes care of my TA commission-wise also. I know they're all hurting right now and I hate to take anything away from her when I can help it.

Thank you for this thread. CC is always a great source for info.

We have a European cruise booked on the Apex for Sept 2021 with all 4 perks, generous OBC on a SV veranda that I’d to L&S but since the 2022 Euro cruise haven’t been announced yet I haven’t been able to do so.

We have 2 family cruises moved to 2021 due to 2020 cancellations - so we need to more the Euro cruise to 2022. I wish we could do all 3 cruises - but due to vacation time allotment and budget, Euro has to wait one more year. 

Do the new Euro cruise itineraries get announced in September or is it more like November?

If late fall after September L&S will expire & it  won’t be an option. Which I completely  understand. 

I’m guessing a lot of folks are in this same “boat”.  Totally not complaining as we are so grateful for our health, family, friends and the ability to sail when it opens up again. 

Just playing the waiting game & working to prioritize.

Lift and Shift has been a failure for me.   I had a B2B2B2B booked starting Nov 10 and 2 of the 4 segments aren't eligible as there are no alternatives.  The cruise was on Eclipse out of Singapore -  They do not have any cruises from Singapore to Australia in 2021.

I'm just about to start the cancellation process for all the cruises as I don't want to pay $30,000 plus only to deal with the hassel of trying to get FCC's.    As it is I have more FCC's than I think I will be able to use in a year unless you can apply more than one per person to a cruise.

Edited by Jim_Iain

Hi. I’m looking at a ‘lift and shift’ at the moment. My dilemma is I am currently booked in an ocean view ( no balcony ) and I’d much prefer to be in a balcony for a future cruise. The lift and shift says same category. Does anyone have any experience of trying to pay for an upgraded cabin using lift and shift? 

52 minutes ago, Carol4158 said:

Hi. I’m looking at a ‘lift and shift’ at the moment. My dilemma is I am currently booked in an ocean view ( no balcony ) and I’d much prefer to be in a balcony for a future cruise. The lift and shift says same category. Does anyone have any experience of trying to pay for an upgraded cabin using lift and shift? 

Your choice would be to upgrade at the prevailing rate/promo of your existing cruise prior to lift&shift or l&s and then upgrade at prevailing rate/promo which would make L&S useless.   Otherwise no.