Cruise Line Booking Practices During the Pandemic

Rumpymuffin

So what did the CDC make of cruise lines continuing to sell tickets, when it’s been clear they are not ready to resume sailing safely? “It is astonishing and it’s heartbreaking,” Dr. Martin Cetron, director for the Division of Global Migration and Quarantine at the CDC, told Skift in an interview last week. Excerpted from Yahoo News: https://www.yahoo.com/news/cruise-lines-booking-practices-pandemic-140001906.html.

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

yeah  they should just wait until the virus is gone  before selling any cruises  🙄

Oh, I thought that was the least of it.  I continue to be pretty unimpressed with the lines and their association.

Not a day goes by that I do not get an e-mail offering a cruise that will never sail - to say TAs and Cruise Companies have gone down in my estimation is a vast understatement. Taking payment for these no sail cruises and then taking 90+ days to refund (if you are lucky) is doing nothing to build confidence in the industry. 

1 hour ago, nigelc said:

Not a day goes by that I do not get an e-mail offering a cruise that will never sail - to say TAs and Cruise Companies have gone down in my estimation is a vast understatement. . 

There is  a delete button for that 😎

Thanks Karen aka Rumpymuffin,

I think I can see both sides....I want to cruise, but only when it's safe to do so. And, the cruise lines are businesses that need to sell their products. As avid passengers we are caught in the middle.....tis a real conundrum...

Stay safe.

9 hours ago, nigelc said:

Not a day goes by that I do not get an e-mail offering a cruise that will never sail - to say TAs and Cruise Companies have gone down in my estimation is a vast understatement. Taking payment for these no sail cruises and then taking 90+ days to refund (if you are lucky) is doing nothing to build confidence in the industry. 

I should just "like" this but I think you make a superb point. I had an offer that if I paid if full pretty soon I'd get a 10% discount. But as I said I don't want to be in bankruptcy court as an unsecured creditor.