Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, molly361 said:

I have to think that all lines will do the same.  I can't see one line sailing and the rest not.

I think you are right. I posted last month about a rumor on the RC Casino FB page, that CDC had told CLIA that CDC wanted to extend the NoSail to March 2021, and CLIA asked CDC to hold and let CLIA do a voluntary pause through September and then assess on a month-by-month basis. Latest rumor is that CDC has stated NoSail until US cases are less than 500 a day. Which could be forever!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

I think you are right. I posted last month about a rumor on the RC Casino FB page, that CDC had told CLIA that CDC wanted to extend the NoSail to March 2021, and CLIA asked CDC to hold and let CLIA do a voluntary pause through September and then assess on a month-by-month basis. Latest rumor is that CDC has stated NoSail until US cases are less than 500 a day. Which could be forever!

We would need to wait for a vaccine.  We will never get to 500 a day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sandebeach said:

Latest rumor is that CDC has stated NoSail until US cases are less than 500 a day. Which could be forever!


I better be cancelling all my cruises at this rate. 😱

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, molly361 said:

I have to think that all lines will do the same.  I can't see one line sailing and the rest not.

Yeah.  It will be interesting to see how long RCL and the others wait.  Give Princess credit for making a decision and letting people know before some of the final payments come due.

 

December 15 will be NINE MONTHS.  Unreal.

Edited by bouhunter
Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah.  It will be interesting to see how long RCL and the others wait.  Give Princess credit for making a decision and letting people know before some of the final payments come due.
 
December 15 will be NINE MONTHS.  Unreal.

I agree with all on this thread, all the lines will follow suit . My Celebrity cruise on 1/30/2021 is toast. No way I’m a guinea pig by going out 4 weeks later. I would L&S but I’m already booked for 2/2022 and this 7 day Summit out of San Juan has no 2023 dates yet. Will apply the deposit to next year. If even that happens. Cruising is slowly dying. May have to back to the small Caribbean hotels.


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Plum Happy said:

We would need to wait for a vaccine.  We will never get to 500 a day.

Bingo!

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Yeah.  It will be interesting to see how long RCL and the others wait.  Give Princess credit for making a decision and letting people know before some of the final payments come due.

 

December 15 will be NINE MONTHS.  Unreal.

I’m not giving Princess any credit. Only good thing is people don’t have to pay them more money. 

 

We we are still battling them for thousands they owe us that we have been waiting well over 90 days now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a cruise on Oct 24 on Rhapsody of the Seas out of Venice.  I would have to cancel by 7/25/2020 to get refunded the deposit or move my deposit to another sailing.  I keep waiting for Royal to announce it will not take place, so far not.  

 

Pat

Link to post
Share on other sites

I expect all 2020 sailing to be canceled and I am afraid the same will be through March 2021. All of the funding they have received allows them to stay liquid through the first half of 2021. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, patattack said:

I have a cruise on Oct 24 on Rhapsody of the Seas out of Venice.  I would have to cancel by 7/25/2020 to get refunded the deposit or move my deposit to another sailing.  I keep waiting for Royal to announce it will not take place, so far not.  

 

Pat

Why not Lift and Shift to Sept/Oct 2021.  You don't have to wait until Royal cancels you can do it right now and retain your 2020 pricing. Your deposit will transfer and you can pay the balance this time next year. We have already done it for B2B Rhapsody cruises that were to go out of Venice in September 2020.

Link to post
Share on other sites

We're booked for May 2021 and I have my doubts we'll sail.  I'm hoping that when they release itineraries for May 2022, that they extend the "sail by" date out past April, 2022.  I would move our sailing to 2022 if that happens.  We really can't go during the school year now that my son's in college. 

 

"Latest rumor is that CDC has stated NoSail until US cases are less than 500 a day...."

 

And 500 cases a day? That seems like an impossible threshold given the way we're currently handling the coronavirus response.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, CruisingSince1982 said:

 I can't imagine no cruises in December 2021! 

 

Im not sure there will be any cruiselines left if it goes on that long.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NeilonBoard said:

Why not Lift and Shift to Sept/Oct 2021.  You don't have to wait until Royal cancels you can do it right now and retain your 2020 pricing. Your deposit will transfer and you can pay the balance this time next year. We have already done it for B2B Rhapsody cruises that were to go out of Venice in September 2020.

The reason we have not already Lift and Shift is that we already have a cruise during this time frame in 2021, along with Fall Break.

 

Pat

Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Carnival's announcement yesterday would be their  suspension extension but I guess not.  Since they own Princess I can't see one of their lines sailing and the others not.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2020
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...