Royal - "less than 100 refunds waiting over 30 days"

1 hour ago, NateUpNorth said:

Let's cut her a little slack..... I mean it was probably a combination of the RCL I.T department and the RCL finance department that came up with the number..... so we all know the only number it actually CANNOT be is the one they came up with.

Absolutely no slack deserved. A senior VP has to know this statement was a load of crap, and it was an insult to the hundreds of thousands that are waiting on money. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Absolutely no slack deserved. A senior VP has to know this statement was a load of crap, and it was an insult to the hundreds of thousands that are waiting on money. 

Agree...... I keep forgetting there's no "sarcasm" font when I post things like I originally did.......

11 hours ago, sandancer said:

Cancelled last Wednesday and today both deposit and cruise planner payments refunded. Took 8 days. 

I should quit reading these threads as it raises my BP.  

Just did a 3 way call with my agency and Royal for my refund that started processing June 10.  Just excuses but at least I know it’s being processed correctly.  This is for deposits from a B2B on the Allure that is no longer coming to Galveston in November of 2021. (  It’s only indirectly related to covid.)

I’m so glad we have no other money on the table with any cruise line until fall of 2021.  It’s not just the money, it’s the aggravation of having to keep track and keep asking.  We’ve had 6 cruises affected by this and I know some of you have had a lot more then that. Just waiting for resolution on last 2.

Any cruise before fall of 2021 will be booked within final payment when we know it’s a go. And I do hope that happens!  

• Like 2

On 7/23/2020 at 8:17 AM, Couple-Somerset said:

According to Royal Caribbean...............

Royal Caribbean has only 100 reservations waiting more than 30 days for a refund

Vicki Freed, Royal Caribbean's Senior Vice President, Sales, Trade Support and Service, proudly informed travel agents on her weekly webinar that there are just 100 reservations left that are waiting more than 30 days for a refund.

As I have 2 cruise refunds (plus a drinks package refund), I find her statement incredibly hard to believe.

I cancelled on 8/20 and the correct refund is in my credit card account this morning (8/29).  I am due FCCs for the non-refundable deposit, but I am confident they will come.

12 hours ago, fundirector said:

Agree. I’m still waiting snd I’m talking to others who are too. They are fighting not to give us our refunds 

According to your other posts, you didn't make the final payment on your cruise, so RCI cancelled your reservation. Even though RCI eventually cancelled your cruise (after the final payment date) - you will not get a refund of your deposit. You needed to pay off the cruise in full for RCI to give you a refund.

Edited by NancyIL

Just personal experience with a new refund. We rebooked our Nov cruise to March on 08/17. We have a total of 11 refunds (3x drink packages, 3x ziplines, photo pkg, 3x Key, and cruise price difference. We received 7 of 11 refunds this morning. I have to admit that it is not too bad for 12 days. Obviously, the 7 were the lowest totals and only amount to 1/3 of the total refund. But, its a start.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 12:39 PM, pit NJ said:

Received a partial refund for July 11,2020.  Paid approx. $15K between rooms, excursions, etc. Received a number of refunds for which they make absolutely no sense.  Still waiting on approx. $1500.00.  

Just looked at my credit card statement.  Got my outstanding balance refunded on Sept 11th.  Only took just under 5 months, from cancel date, to get full refund.

I requested a cruise planner refund in June before lifting and shifting our cruise (approx. 700€). Still no money, but when I requested a price adjustment due to a price drop on our new cruise last week I got a new booking confirmation showing that the exact amount I requested from the cancelled cruise planner items was added to the amount already paid for our cruise. WTH... I will take a day or two to cool down and then deal with this (I just spent 2 weeks fighting with Lufthansa regarding refunds and I have a very low BS tolerancy right now).