Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
shof515

Two Carnival Cruise Ships Have Been Sold and Two Others Going to Long Term Lay-Up Status

Recommended Posts

Carnival Corp. is getting rid of 13 ships

On a July 10 earnings call, Carnival Corp., which owns eight cruise lines, said its fleet of ships would be reduced by nearly 9%. Not saying which cruise line or which ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Carnival Corp. is getting rid of 13 ships

On a July 10 earnings call, Carnival Corp., which owns eight cruise lines, said its fleet of ships would be reduced by nearly 9%. Not saying which cruise line or which ships.

This is old news, two and a half weeks old.  We already know the majority of the ships being eliminated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Imagination has transited the Panama Canal today. It will be interesting to see where the ship will go - maybe dock in Colón, Curacao, or join the Fascination in Europe?

image.png.0901d12134f3fd06e7314e279087f230.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Fantasy is now five to six hours west of Aliaga, Turkey. We should have photos tomorrow of her arrival. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cruisingator2 said:

The Fantasy is now five to six hours west of Aliaga, Turkey. We should have photos tomorrow of her arrival. 

Depending on the tides she may not be beached right away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy is about to a 30 year career with Carnival Cruise Lines.

3F3953A4-DB48-4BEB-8532-CB81B0DBA6B2.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The Fantasy has arrived at Aliaga. 😢😢😢

0B234937-61AD-41F5-A88D-8ED9551EBD86.png

Edited by ch09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy is now anchored. 

36C6F8E1-30A9-4784-848D-97884E77FDA5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, tidecat said:

Depending on the tides she may not be beached right away.

The Pulmantur ships were at anchor for several days before beaching, likely tide related. Inspiration has just passed through the Straits of Gibraltar on the way to Aliaga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

The Pulmantur ships were at anchor for several days before beaching, likely tide related. Inspiration has just passed through the Straits of Gibraltar on the way to Aliaga

The Fantasy will be beached on Monday August 3, 2020 at about 10am local time. This is when the next spring tide takes place in Aliaga.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, snoozecrooze said:

Imagination has transited the Panama Canal today. It will be interesting to see where the ship will go - maybe dock in Colón, Curacao, or join the Fascination in Europe?

image.png.0901d12134f3fd06e7314e279087f230.png

 

enhance

 

She is now anchored outside in the Atlantic side.  EM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Travelnplane said:

Does anyone know how much crew is left aboard Fantasy?

The Bridge officers, engine officers/engineers and a few in the kitchen and cleaning to prepare meals and cleaning were kept to get the ship to Turkey safely. That is all that remains. Definitely than 50. The ship was very quiet during the final voyage.

Edited by ch09

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, ch09 said:

The Fantasy will be beached on Monday August 3, 2020 at about 10am local time. This is when the next spring tide takes place in Aliaga.

It appears that Fantasy may have been beached this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BigAl94 said:

It appears that Fantasy may have been beached this morning.

It will be beached when the tides are higher than usual to allow the ship to go further inland. The pictures have not come in yet to confirm it.  Here is the tide forecast.

5BD7BCAE-1CE3-4383-B682-38A945ABD490.png

C313A84A-00F2-491D-81C1-C75024652367.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Photos credit: Facebook and Instagram 

79FA4C5A-F80D-4DF5-A67A-EEBAA4F309F5.jpeg

D0075AA5-50BC-45C7-8292-80C8BEB3AE3B.jpeg

C212F734-203F-4162-96A3-474AA789928F.jpeg

48EA9411-4FA1-498A-8F53-857EBD6718D0.jpeg

Looks like a parking lot for late 80’s to early 90’s ships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ch09 said:

Looks like a parking lot for late 80’s to early 90’s ships.

 

According to some even a couple weeks back, this was all conspiracy theory talk! 🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Travelnplane said:

Her transponder is already turned off.

It was turned off before she made the run for the beach, unusually.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inspiration is due to arrive at Aliaga in the early hours of Tuesday 3 August which may coincide with the spring tide that ch09 referred to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, cruisingator2 said:

Fascination arriving in Cadiz. 
 

 

So sad to see how poor she looks on the outside. It's like a metaphor for the state of the industry right now. 😢

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bet they have never had so many ships in good enough mechanical order to blast full speed up onto the beach.

Caribe1/ Regal empress limped to Algang and almost did not make it, as as happened to many ships over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...