Jump to content

4 person reservation 2 can not go


Recommended Posts

Your husband would be the LEAD guest and responsible for all charges on the Haven Cabin account.

You and the others would be secondary guests and normally responsible for you own individual accounts.

 

Thus call NCL or deal with your TA if the booking was done thru that means -

Delete the son and daughter and replace with the two other guests.

 

Since all of you would be in the Haven suite - everyone gets all the perks bennies etc..

It is not all that complicated - but don't wait till the last minute to do the guest exchanges

finding out that the paperwork is lacking or incomplete (try to do this before Final Payment) ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Your husband would be the LEAD guest and responsible for all charges on the Haven Cabin account.

You and the others would be secondary guests and normally responsible for you own individual accounts.

 

Thus call NCL or deal with your TA if the booking was done thru that means -

Delete the son and daughter and replace with the two other guests.

 

Since all of you would be in the Haven suite - everyone gets all the perks bennies etc..

It is not all that complicated - but don't wait till the last minute to do the guest exchanges

finding out that the paperwork is lacking or incomplete (try to do this before Final Payment) ! 

Just wondering why the assumption that the husband would be the Lead guest and not the wife?

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, electro said:

Just wondering why the assumption that the husband would be the Lead guest and not the wife?

Well if the wife is the one in charge making all the booking arrangements she can be the LEAD -

but someone has to be in charge of the cabin account for all guests.

It doesn't have to be one of a married couple - head of the household - eldest in the family - etc. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Well if the wife is the one in charge making all the booking arrangements she can be the LEAD -

but someone has to be in charge of the cabin account for all guests.

It doesn't have to be one of a married couple - head of the household - eldest in the family - etc. 

It is usually the one who does the booking. just thought it interesting that you assumed the husband even though it was the wife who posted.

Link to post
Share on other sites

as i understand it, you can change the guest names or delete guests as long as you do it prior to the date of final payment. there will be no charge or penalty if you do it before final payment is due.

 

to be safe, however, i would check with your son to make sure they are going to go to give you enough time to change or cancel the other 2 people.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2020 at 11:31 AM, electro said:

Just wondering why the assumption that the husband would be the Lead guest and not the wife?

 

Thanks  --  I was going to ask the same question...
My credit card is always used & I am the lead...

Link to post
Share on other sites

In answer to the question regarding the assumption that the DH would be guest 1, well, it was always NCL's choice to make my DH the lead.... even though, I booked the cruise, I used my CC to pay for the cruise and I made any changes to our cruises.  Weird? Yeah, a bit. 

 

My PCC always put my DH as the first guest.  Was it/is it discriminatory?  Don't know and didn't care at the time but we did discuss it and we wondered about it as well.  However, as his (DH's) background was European, he just accepted it as the norm for a European cruise line.  (Yes, I realize, as did he, that NCL was not really a European CL).  

 

It does make one wonder though.....

Link to post
Share on other sites

what could it possibly matter who is the lead. you are now so far off this thread. it's a very simple answer. if they cancel or change the reservation prior to the final due date, they can do anything they want. they can even keep the 2 bedroom suite with just the 2 of them.

 

lighten up.  by the way, i'm note sure 2 adults would be happy in the extra bedroom. i booked this cabin when my grandson was 17 and his friend was 18. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
It is usually the one who does the booking. just thought it interesting that you assumed the husband even though it was the wife who posted.


Our Norwegian cruise - if we ever get to take one will be our 4th cruise. 2 different travel agents, they always put my husband first, even though he has never even talked to the travel agents.


Sent from my iPad using Forums
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...