Latest Princess TA Webinar

ceilidh1

What I learned from the webinar:

a) When travel agents recommend cruise lines, Princess is #1 for Alaska, Northern Europe, Panama Canal, Asia & South Pacific, and South America. But Princess is #2 in their recommendations for Mexico/West Coast and for Hawaii, #3 for the Mediterranean, and #5 for the Caribbean.

b) There are currently 138,518 cruisers with Elite status. Estimate is that this will increase to 160,000 next year.

c) If you have children and are booking using Princess Plus fares, you can call (or TA if using TA) to have the children changed to Princess Savers fares since they would not get value from the drinks part of the Plus pricing.

d) There was no time frame promised to have Pause 4 refunds/FCCs processed. Did not want to promise what might not be achievable.

e) All brochures are temporarily available in digital form only.

f) Guests get an E-mail when FCCs are created from the pause cancellations. (Of course other threads have many posts saying they never receive any such E-mail.) The E-mail comes from a different address, so it may go to client's spam. Best way to find out if FCCs have been issued is to look in My Princess.

g) If you used an FCC to book a cruise which Princess then cancels, the FCC will go back into your account. There will be no bonus FCCs in this case. Any cash paid can still generate bonus FCC amounts.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

THANK YOU!! 

Took 3 screenshots to request for 200 OBC when rebooking Princess-canceled March cruise, kids NOT getting best.sale.ever pkg, & specialty dinner

9 hours ago, caribill said:

Princess is #2 in their recommendations for Mexico/West Coast and for Hawaii

This surprises me, because I compare the itineraries and prices for these sailings all the time.  I find Princess' 10 night Mexico itinerary to be excellent, and lower priced than HAL.  Hawaii is a toss-up between HAL and Princess,  but we really enjoyed the ease of flying to SD, and getting to/from the airport/hotel/cruise dock for Hawaii sailings with HAL.

And, if they keep offering it, Princess' Hawaii/Tahiti itinerary is one of the absolute best available.

I deliberately exclude Carnival.

Is Carnival #1 from West Coast? Thinking about short 4-5 day cruises I've personally done on that line with a bunch of kids

Edited by Ombud

2 hours ago, phabric said:

There are 3 person in a cabin.  Cruise cancelled, with full payment, 2 want FCC and 1 wants a refund.

Can this be done?

Here's another twist for any TAs out there: Can I use some of my FCC to pay off the 3rd person on a cruise? She initially had a $1 fare and those might not happen again. Meanwhile I will / should / may eventually have a boatload of FCC to use up next year

Edited by Ombud

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

Here's another twist for any TAs out there: Can I use some of my FCC to pay off the 3rd person on a cruise? She initially had a $1 fare and those might not happen again. Meanwhile I will / should / may eventually have a boatload of FCC to use up next year

Not a TA, but I believe the answer is "no" as FCCs can only be used in the name of the person who has them. And it does not matter who paid for a cruise, any FCCs resulting from its cancellation are in the name of the passenger for use only by that passenger.

Of course if you choose the option of a cash refund instead of FCCs for what you have paid you will get that money back and be able to use it however you want.

4 hours ago, Ombud said:

Some other lines are allowing it but Princess is not.

That is a lot of Elite.  Doesn't seem like there is anyway to get off the list.  I wonder how many have passed on, or are have health issues that will prevent them from ever traveling again.

On 7/25/2020 at 12:21 PM, voljeep said:

did it list the top 5, or just that Princess was # 5

On 7/25/2020 at 12:32 PM, CaribbeanIsland said:

They are #5. I am guessing Royal Caribbean was #1.

Royal, Celebrity,  Carnival and NCL are probably the top 4 in no particular order.

In the video it mentioned extra OBC for re-booking  the same cancelled cruise. For example, Europe re-book by August 31st. Does anyone know how this happens? Are they (supposedly) sending an email to you once your cruise cancels? Or is the TA supposed to be sending something? Anyone seen this?

On 7/25/2020 at 10:13 AM, phabric said:

There are 3 person in a cabin.  Cruise cancelled, with full payment, 2 want FCC and 1 wants a refund.

Can this be done?

Yes there were 3 of us in Cabin for cruise 3/29/2020 ...I wanted the FCC but other 2 ladies got refunds ...our TA did most of the phone calls but we did get what we wanted ..took 3 months.

17 minutes ago, DUCHESSRN said:

Yes there were 3 of us in Cabin for cruise 3/29/2020 ...I wanted the FCC but other 2 ladies got refunds ...our TA did most of the phone calls but we did get what we wanted ..took 3 months.

My agent came back and said all in the cabin have to take the same refund.  

5 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

In the video it mentioned extra OBC for re-booking  the same cancelled cruise. For example, Europe re-book by August 31st. Does anyone know how this happens? Are they (supposedly) sending an email to you once your cruise cancels? Or is the TA supposed to be sending something? Anyone seen this?

I received an email saying that I could receive up to $200 for rebooking.  The promo code was in the email (see pic).  My TA tried to do it but couldn’t.  Maybe it’s because even though I received the email, I don’t qualify since I canceled pre-pause 1 (but was considered pause 1 when it came to refund process).

70C3ED12-DE45-44E2-B32B-A73C73FC7B65.jpeg

Edited by mthomp5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mthomp5 said:

I received an email saying that I could receive up to $200 for rebooking.  The promo code was in the email (see pic).  My TA tried to do it but couldn’t.  Maybe it’s because even though I received the email, I don’t qualify since I canceled pre-pause 1 (but was considered pause 1 when it came to refund process).

70C3ED12-DE45-44E2-B32B-A73C73FC7B65.jpeg

will email our Princess Vacation Planner (PVP) shortly to see if this can be added to our cruise currently on a courtesy hold awaiting FCC from a Princess cancelled cruise in Phase 4 - cancelled a 5 day western caribbean and booked a 6 day, so it looks like we should qualify ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

will email our Princess Vacation Planner (PVP) shortly to see if this can be added to our cruise currently on a courtesy hold awaiting FCC from a Princess cancelled cruise in Phase 4 - cancelled a 5 day western caribbean and booked a 6 day, so it looks like we should qualify ...

Let us know if you’re able to get it.  We rebooked from canceled 7 day Western Caribbean  to 14 day Caribbean islander.  Maybe we weren’t able to get it because we had a 7 day and the deal is for 3-7 day cruises, and now we’re going to a 14 day cruise.  Or because we were a pre-pause cancellation that fell into pause 1.

1 minute ago, mthomp5 said:

Let us know if you’re able to get it.  We rebooked from canceled 7 day Western Caribbean  to 14 day Caribbean islander.  Maybe we weren’t able to get it because we had a 7 day and the deal is for 3-7 day cruises, and now we’re going to a 14 day cruise.  Or because we were a pre-pause cancellation that fell into pause 1.

will do - just sent the email to our PVP - it's the weekend so prolly won't get a reply until Mon or Tue ... the PVP has already

extended our deposit date to 9/2 awaiting FCC from our cancelled cruise ... not sure how that will work with the offer of

'booking' by 8/31/20

hopefully we won't have to pay the $100 pp refundable deposit by 8/31 to secure the $100 pp OBC ... wait and see, I guess

• Like 1