Jump to content

Picture Sharing time---Carnival Fantasy


mrlddst
 Share

Recommended Posts

I love seeing pictures of the ships in the past. I was looking through my photos and found these from my one and only Carnival Fantasy cruise in 2005. I'm trying to remember if we had actual keys to get in/out of the rooms.  Can someone verify?  How did they verify that we turned the keys in? My husband thinks I'm crazy...anyway....feel free to add your own pics.

DCP_1042.JPG

DCP_1046.JPG

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20170109_132515.jpg

20170111_095314.jpg

 

 

The pic that has the crew holding a banner actually said "100 Congratulations Carnival Fantasy". I was on board when they found out they had scored perfect on a health inspection back in January 2017.  

 

I will miss the ol' gal. I love the Fantasy class ships.

Edited by stobe1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In 1999, they had a separate key for the cabin door.  Not that I remember, but I still have that cruise card, and it has the cabin number on it.  They don't do that when the key opens the door.  I suspect by 2005 they used the cruise card to open the door.  But if you still have that cruise card, look at the front for cabin number...  EM

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, ObstructedView2 said:

🙂

 

 

 

 

 

 

✌️

Thanks for sharing. Fun to watch, but don't think that was the first commercial for the Fantasy. Her first cruises were 3 and 4 day cruises from Miami which she did for quite a while before repositioning to Port Canaveral. 😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jamman54 said:

Thanks for sharing. Fun to watch, but don't think that was the first commercial for the Fantasy. Her first cruises were 3 and 4 day cruises from Miami which she did for quite a while before repositioning to Port Canaveral. 😎

Careful, you might be showing your age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

In 1999, they had a separate key for the cabin door. 

Not that I remember, but I still have that cruise card,

and it has the cabin number on it.  They don't do that when the key opens the door.

I suspect by 2005 they used the cruise card to open the door. 

But if you still have that cruise card, look at the front for cabin number...  EM

 

How nice that you still have your cruise card from so long ago!

So many cards (unbelievably!) get dumped
in the nearest trash can after disembarkation!

 

If you have any duplicate cruise cards to dispose of
I still collect such items, and would be grateful for any such donations.

Please email: dh-jennie (at) outlook dot com

 

BlueCards-926.jpg

Carnival -Oct.97.jpg

Carnival-1995.jpg

6cards-925-A.jpg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, mrlddst said:

We cruised Royal the same year

and I remember having a key with a green tag for something.

Maybe it was with Royal.

 

Interesting.

 

Cruise cards for cabin access

seems to have evolved in the mid/late 1980s.

The oldest cruise card I've even come across is 1986

and Jamman has willed it to me, I'm hoping!

See it below

 

At one point Royal Caribbean gave cruisers two cards.
One strictly for cabin access, the other card for purchases, etc.

 

1986 -July -HOLIDAY.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

 

Interesting.

 

Cruise cards for cabin access

seems to have evolved in the mid/late 1980s.

The oldest cruise card I've even come across is 1986

and Jamman has willed it to me, I'm hoping!

See it below

 

At one point Royal Caribbean gave cruisers two cards.
One strictly for cabin access, the other card for purchases, etc.

 

1986 -July -HOLIDAY.jpg

I'm probably just mixing one thing up with another which would make my husband right 😭

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Careful, you might be showing your age.

I think just about everybody knows how old I am anyway. 😁 Starting with the Holiday thru the Sensation I sailed on each when they were 6 months old or less. The Fantasy was three months old when I sailed her. Then we took off 4 years to have the boys, coming back to sail the Destiny, Triumph, and Victory when they were brand new. Had great times on all of them so you can understand why I'm a little sad when they leave the fleet, and especially when they get scrapped. Almost like losing an old friend. 😎

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Aplmac said:

 

Interesting.

 

Cruise cards for cabin access

seems to have evolved in the mid/late 1980s.

The oldest cruise card I've even come across is 1986

and Jamman has willed it to me, I'm hoping!

See it below

 

At one point Royal Caribbean gave cruisers two cards.
One strictly for cabin access, the other card for purchases, etc.

 

1986 -July -HOLIDAY.jpg

I'll be happy to have Patti send it to you once I'm gone, but I'm planning on hanging around for a long time! 😁

 

Back then not everyone got a Sail & Sign card. You only got one if you signed up to pay by credit card. You had to go to a specified lounge at a certain time to be signed up. It wasn't done pre-cruise or at check in. Back then you could pay for everything with cash. 😎

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

I'll be happy to have Patti send it to you once I'm gone, but I'm planning on hanging around for a long time! 😁

 

Back then not everyone got a Sail & Sign card.

You only got one if you signed up to pay by credit card.

You had to go to a specified lounge at a certain time to be signed up.

It wasn't done pre-cruise or at check in.

Back then you could pay for everything with cash. 😎

 

How very interesting! Did not know that.

Sounds like a transitionary period

when they were figuring it all out, for the future!

 

Thanks for the info!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some pics from my time as a crew member, first the I-95, the main corridor for crew on Deck 2(3?). Then our poker playing group in the crew bar. Third is another view of the crew bar. Finally, my Stage Manager area where I controlled all the lifting and rotating scenery.

37 - I-95.jpg

38 - Poker Group.jpg

64 - Jazz Night.jpg

14 - BSM Area.JPG

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BigAl94 said:

Tomorrow, 28 July 0400 am ETA

I should have been more specific and said that for the majority of the posters on this site (US EST or later), she'll likely be there by the end of the day.

 

Biker, who has already seen this transit by Monarch and Sovereign.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/26/2020 at 8:24 AM, Aplmac said:

 

Explain... no caption...no info...what are we looking at?

That is a photo of the SS Oceanbreeze being scrapped in Chittagong, Bangladesh back in 2004. As to why it was posted on this thread I do not know.  I remember seeing that ship docked next to ours back on my first cruise aboard the Fantasy's sister ship Ecstasy back in 1999.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...