Please stop the Suite/Tier Negativity

6 minutes ago, Ashland said:

most don't even know we're onboard and we like it that way.

We would love that. I would say on every cruise out of Port Canaveral, at least one and generally more recognize the boss. Typically they are a patient or spouse of a patient, even had family members of patients recognize her. I’m generally impressed that my lady remembers their names. Even on a cruise out of Barcelona, we found people who recognized her. 

M8

5 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Always interesting how you miss the point of my posts.

jc

Then I missed your point too.

6 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Always interesting how you miss the point of my posts.

jc

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

We would love that. I would say on every cruise out of Port Canaveral, at least one and generally more recognize the boss. Typically they are a patient or spouse of a patient, even had family members of patients recognize her. I’m generally impressed that my lady remembers their names. Even on a cruise out of Barcelona, we found people who recognized her. 

M8

We have encounter the same when we travel with extended family (which is why we only take them with us once a year :classic_wink:)...even from the west coast sailing out of PE/POM some patients have recognize our DIL...small world really.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, yogimax said:

We agree!

We love the stir fry.  That will be our whole meal.  It was sometimes called "Mongolian Barbecue."  On some ships, it is only once or twice a week.  We will always ask and usually have to ask a few of the crew before getting an answer.

Symphony has it every night, and next to it is crepes.

On Harmony, it goes back and forth between MG, stir fry, pasta, and fajitas. But with some creative shopping in the jammer, you can make stir fry every night😉

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

I hope they continue to improve the WJ...it's where we have preferred to dine during our last several cruise's.

I eat there more often than not just because it's easier.

Maybe it was lunch especially but seemed like they had a Indian food area with Indian fried bread whatever it's called. I used to like getting the indian. Maybe by now it's been discontinued. 

31 minutes ago, xpcdoojk said:

Well we all care about where the captain eats.... NOT.

I have eaten with the captain multiple times, and it was a lot of fun.  Every time I was not eating with the captain, it never entered my mind to think where is he eating now?  

I, also didn’t wonder where the lead dancer ate or the hotel manager or the....  Don’t care.  They are all just people working for a living.  I appreciate that!

jc

The Hotel Director is who you want to eat with. 

They generally have very good taste in wine😉🍷

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Maybe it was lunch especially but seemed like they had a Indian food area with Indian fried bread whatever it's called. I used to like getting the indian. Maybe by now it's been discontinued. 

Agree, I enjoy the Indian food at lunch.  The bread will either be naan (soft) or roti (crunchy).  I'm hoping it will be continued since a lot of the chefs/cooks are from India.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Honestly never understood the fascination around here with Indian food. 🤔

Just not a fan

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

The Hotel Director is who you want to eat with. 

They generally have very good taste in wine😉🍷

Ok, but when they are not eating with me... I do not think what are they eating tonight.... In other words, I go on vacation to have a fun time.  To be with my lovely wife.  To make new friends (mostly in the flowrider line) and to have fun.  

I do not obsess with what the people in that cabin are doing, or who is eating with who.

I only care is my wife happy tonight, and do I like the food, and was the show worth watching.

the other stuff is just the crap I go on vacation to get away from.

jc

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Are you maybe referring to "roti" ? I really love it and am disappointed if it's not being served. I would love to have it for breakfast too. Sometimes I toy with the idea of trying to make it.

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Honestly never understood the fascination around here with Indian food. 🤔

Just not a fan

Hahahahaha. I dont like Italian or pasta. 

I'm told the top chef on ships is pretty much always indian. Dont know why. But that's why they cook Indian. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As a flounding member of the Steerage Society, we feel that we are superior to all other programs. We are the most inclusive cruising loyalty program in the world.  We accept everyone, so we have the largest potential group of members on the planet.  So there! Eat your hearts out or join us. 

Edited by KonaDave
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm told the top chef on ships is pretty much always indian. Dont know why. But that's why they cook Indian. 

Well, several are Jamaican, and they can't make a decent beef patty to save their lives😉🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well, several are Jamaican, and they can't make a decent beef patty to save their lives😉🤣🤣

But all is to be forgiven because of their oxtail stew -- my DH's favorite cruise meal.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, KonaDave said:

As a flounding member of the Steerage Society, we feel that we are superior to all other programs. We are the most inclusive cruising loyalty program in the world.  We accept everyone, so we have the largest potential group of members on the planet.  So there! Eat your hearts out or join us. 

Happy to join, as long as you won't be pushing for poi for breakfast!

25 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Well I'm happy with a bunch of salad stuff I dont have to cut up. I love salad.

Idk I've ever seen a beef patty on a cruise lol.

I'm so ready to cruise. I feel like I'm living on a island. Today Ft. Hood says no member can visit dallas on their off time unless they live here. ... let me off this island and on a ship. Cant be worse than here.

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Well I'm happy with a bunch of salad stuff I dont have to cut up. I love salad.

Idk I've ever seen a beef patty on a cruise lol.

Had them on Oasis this past January.

Just awful execution 

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I agree...on some ships there's been Indian food every night taking up a whole station in the WJ....eek. no thanks.