Disappointed no Vines on Enchanted

Island wannabe

Just booked Enchanted for 2022 and therefore only just found out that Vines have been removed 😢.  We have always loved having a glass of wine, or two, pre-dinner of nice quality wines.  We were on the Sky this year for 2 weeks and Vines was packed every night.   I am hoping that another venue, perhaps Crooners(?) will expand their wine menu to help us who will miss Vines.  Once the ships are sailing again and Enchantment is sailing i’ll eagerly be watching for reviews of the bars and lounges.

• Like 1

we spent more time in Vines on the SKY, since there was no Crooner's - Take 5 just didn't do it for us

Julius, Ajay and the others took very good care of us in Vines... as did Junela in Good Spirits and Bellini's

2 hours ago, voljeep said:

we spent more time in Vines on the SKY, since there was no Crooner's - Take 5 just didn't do it for us

Julius, Ajay and the others took very good care of us in Vines... as did Junela in Good Spirits and Bellini's

i found Take 5 to be too dark and noisy when the Band was playing.  Plus the 2nd week we were on it was taken over by a large group many of the nights and we could not go in.

• Like 1

Vines is also missing on the Discovery's deck plans. 

Pretty popular place as I recall - particularly the Vines on the Royal class ships that feature a full bar. 

Also the only place to get a good glass of wine on most ships. We used to beg the bartender for a Riedel glass to take to dinner with us on the promise we'd bring them back - which we always did. I've long wondered why you can't get a really good glass of wine in the MDR - I mean, isn't wine meant be enjoyed with food??! 

The Vines staff was often the best we'd encounter on ships - they'd really go out their way for you, like delivering said wines to the MDR for you sometimes! We often talk to the Vines staff about wines, some were quite knowledgeable and interested in learning more. On a couple of trips we brought back wines from winery tours to give to them - we'd be treated like royalty after that, totally unsolicited. 

Celebrity used to have a good wine bar and they converted it to beer-centric pub also. But Celebrity still has wine stewards in the MDR along with a great selection by-the-glass. 

Not sure I understand the reasoning behind eliminating Vines, but at this point I just wonder if we'll ever be back on board at all.

• Thanks 1

I have been called a Wine Snob, due to my definite preference for

a Riedel wine glass! But now, I have converted a few people and they get it!

Vines will truly be missed- quite a blunder IMHO.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, nini said:

I have been called a Wine Snob, due to my definite preference for

a Riedel wine glass! But now, I have converted a few people and they get it!

Vines will truly be missed- quite a blunder IMHO.

We were amazed at the difference when we got our favorite wine "to go" to take to dinner. It was much better in the good glass. We are converts. (Of course we had to make numerous observations in the interest of fair testing. 😎)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thrak said:

We were amazed at the difference when we got our favorite wine "to go" to take to dinner. It was much better in the good glass. We are converts. (Of course we had to make numerous observations in the interest of fair testing. 😎)

I learned about this about 13 years ago when I worked in a FABULOUS

Italian restaurant. The owner invited a wine rep to conduct a class

with various types of wine and using first regular (like a Libby wine glass)

and Riedel glasses. Wow! I was sold.

Fortunately for me, I am a Queen of Garage Sales and can find them cheap

for anywhere from .25 to $1.00 each. I have now converted my Aunt, sister, and brother-in-law.