Confused about Deposit refunds

I have a total of 4 cabins booked on a 5 day Miracle Oct. 31st 2020, we have 3 cabins under promo codes 2 of them are OH1, 1 is  PZS 1 is no special promo.  I would feel better getting my money back, since I am the one who has put it all out.  I can't travel to another country and not be quarantined.  I have tried reading the policy and we are before final payment by 3 weeks.  All these codes could cause a problem..not sure if the are all refundable prior to final payment.  I have deposits for 10 people.  Mostly $50 & $75 each.  I have no idea when I could cruise again or coordinate with everyone.  Do you know if before final payment I can get full deposit back.  I can't reach CCL...they're closed & can't get logged into my account.  None of my reservations say anything about cancellation penalties.    I am a Diamond and will cruise again, but with quarantining for 14 days after, I can't risk it even if they do sail.  I'd rather have one less stress.

Under Manage My Cruise on the website you should be able to see the cancellation penalties.  Once you click Manage My cruise,  click "Booking & Order Detail" at the top of the page.  It'll then bring up the specifics of your booking.  Scroll down and you'll see "View Balance Details".  Once that page loads, scroll down again and you'll see "View Cancellation Details".  If you click on that it'll tell you what you'll lose.  On another note...we are booked for October 17, 2020.  One of the families in our group decided they didn't want to risk it so called to cancel and was told if you are sailing in October or November they are waiving all penalties.  She was able to move all of her funds to a new cruise in February without incurring any penalties. Several others have verified this on other cruise pages.  

Edited by imluvncruzn
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, imluvncruzn said:

Under Manage My Cruise on the website you should be able to see the cancellation penalties.  Once you click Manage My cruise,  click "Booking & Order Detail" at the top of the page.  It'll then bring up the specifics of your booking.  Scroll down and you'll see "View Balance Details".  Once that page loads, scroll down again and you'll see "View Cancellation Details".  If you click on that it'll tell you what you'll lose.  On another note...we are booked for October 17, 2020.  One of the families in our group decided they didn't want to risk it so called to cancel and was told if you are sailing in October or November they are waiving all penalties.  She was able to move all of her funds to a new cruise in February without incurring any penalties. Several others have verified this on other cruise pages.  

I can't access logging in.  I will get some help from Carnival today.  Thanks

Another thread says ncl just cancelled all Oct cruises. I'd say its just a matter of time before carnival cancels be it 2 days or a week. 

My advice is wait for carnival to cancel so your deposits are refundable. Almost for sure if you did a promo for reduced deposits they are not refundable unless carnival cancels. Sit on your hands until carnival cancels

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

Another thread says ncl just cancelled all Oct cruises. I'd say its just a matter of time before carnival cancels be it 2 days or a week. 

My advice is wait for carnival to cancel so your deposits are refundable. Almost for sure if you did a promo for reduced deposits they are not refundable unless carnival cancels. Sit on your hands until carnival cancels

I was able to finally access all the bookings.  I will definitely hang tight...non refundable at this time.  I just hate having to wait, when I know I can't go anyway.  My state requires 14 day quarantine after coming home.  The most difficult part is even thinking about rebooking...don't have a clue when I might would be able to do it.  

46 minutes ago, cruisinthemed said:

I was able to finally access all the bookings.  I will definitely hang tight...non refundable at this time.  I just hate having to wait, when I know I can't go anyway.  My state requires 14 day quarantine after coming home.  The most difficult part is even thinking about rebooking...don't have a clue when I might would be able to do it.  

I'm looking at late 2021. I think by then good chance of a vaccine and I'll be the first to volunteer to take it.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

I'm looking at late 2021. I think by then good chance of a vaccine and I'll be the first to volunteer to take it.

I would be more than happy to get it.  I was just tested again today for the 3rd time...just because.  The previous 2 times were because I was sick and both tests came bag negative, I still think I had it.  Missed 3 weeks of work.  I just wish they would cancel already!!!  LOL  How would they really expect people to have to quarantine for 14 days coming back into the country?   I could see being tested, but to know you'd have to be out that long...I don't know if it's all states, but I would think it is.

Idk north Dakota required 14 days quarantine. I'd only heard of alaska and hawaii having it. 

If you came in thru texas and drove home, how would they know where you have been. No quarantine required here. Alaska and hawaii easier to enforce since you cant just drive there but idk how N. Dakota could enforce it.

• Like 1

Travel Orders

Read the official confinement order

Who's Affected

The amendment to the state health officer order allows people to travel freely within the United States and releases requirements for everyone except international travelers. Anyone traveling from another country, who is not merely passing through the state, must quarantine immediately upon entry to North Dakota for a period of 14 days or for the duration of the person's presence in North Dakota, whichever period is shorter.

39 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk north Dakota required 14 days quarantine. I'd only heard of alaska and hawaii having it. 

If you came in thru texas and drove home, how would they know where you have been. No quarantine required here. Alaska and hawaii easier to enforce since you cant just drive there but idk how N. Dakota could enforce it.

39 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

When you live & work in such a small community everyone knows everyone's business.  I work as a county employee & couldn't begin to think of not being honest.  Besides, there wouldn't be able to be any pictures posted on Facebook 😉 

On 7/28/2020 at 11:56 PM, Cruiseboy06 said:

I heard a rumor in my cruise Facebook group  that hey will make an announcement tomorrow about rest of the year for cruises.   I don’t know if that’s true or not 

I talked with John Heald today on his page, my question was...

When will Carnival come out with more updates to cancellations? Message from CDC?

Are all the new cruises opening up bookings, so Carnival will be canceling the rest of this year and preparing for refunds? Just wondering! How can we go on a cruise when we have to quarantine for 14 days after we return? I would at this point like to be able to cancel and get a refund, too bad all 4 cabins I have booked for my family on Oct. 31st are non refundable...

Hello, we are still very hopeful that will be able to cruise in October and although we’re not totally in control of that situation we have not made any announcements to change anything at this time. So I hope to see you very soon having fun and if you need anything please ask
John Heald unfortunately I would have to quarantine for 14 days after our return and also my friend. We can not come back into North Dakota & work after leaving the country. Our cases are growing very fast and there will not likely be a change to our being able to go. I have four cabins booked for my family. My children and grandson are in California. We were to meet up with them in San Diego. I love to cruise and had really looked forward to it. You don't get to be a diamond without a love for cruising. I don't know how many other people have looked into their states quarantine after traveling outside the country, but the

you might want to take a poll and ask cruisers if they have read their states guidelines for travel out of the country & returning to their state.  .

John Heald did reply again and I can't find it, basically he said he hopes conditions will improve and we won't have to quarantine and when it's safe we will be back to cruising and if there is anything I need to ask.  

16 minutes ago, cruisinthemed said:

I talked with John Heald today on his page, my question was...

When will Carnival come out with more updates to cancellations? Message from CDC?

Are all the new cruises opening up bookings, so Carnival will be canceling the rest of this year and preparing for refunds? Just wondering! How can we go on a cruise when we have to quarantine for 14 days after we return? I would at this point like to be able to cancel and get a refund, too bad all 4 cabins I have booked for my family on Oct. 31st are non refundable...

Hello, we are still very hopeful that will be able to cruise in October and although we’re not totally in control of that situation we have not made any announcements to change anything at this time. So I hope to see you very soon having fun and if you need anything please ask
John Heald unfortunately I would have to quarantine for 14 days after our return and also my friend. We can not come back into North Dakota & work after leaving the country. Our cases are growing very fast and there will not likely be a change to our being able to go. I have four cabins booked for my family. My children and grandson are in California. We were to meet up with them in San Diego. I love to cruise and had really looked forward to it. You don't get to be a diamond without a love for cruising. I don't know how many other people have looked into their states quarantine after traveling outside the country, but the

you might want to take a poll and ask cruisers if they have read their states guidelines for travel out of the country & returning to their state.  .

John Heald did reply again and I can't find it, basically he said he hopes conditions will improve and we won't have to quarantine and when it's safe we will be back to cruising and if there is anything I need to ask.  

I believe they know they will be canceling MORE cruises for October and beyond..    John  is putting on a happy face........   He didn't answer your non refundable question...  CDC'S public comments and answers are due by Sept 21st.........   That speaks volumes..........

9 hours ago, Cruiseboy06 said:

I believe they know they will be canceling MORE cruises for October and beyond..    John  is putting on a happy face........   He didn't answer your non refundable question...  CDC'S public comments and answers are due by Sept 21st.........   That speaks volumes..........

That's very interesting regarding the Sept. 21st due date.  Well, it sounds like a no brainer if they are waiting until then before making recommendations when and how cruising can begin.  

1 hour ago, cruisinthemed said:

That's very interesting regarding the Sept. 21st due date.  Well, it sounds like a no brainer if they are waiting until then before making recommendations when and how cruising can begin.  

Lol like they can get a crew there and supplies and ships in place in 9 days. I believe, oh I believe.

That's the math I was doing...LOL  And, I think crew members coming from all over the world might be a challenge to get them tested, up to date on the new procedures and through the quarantine process.  I don't see how this could be possible.  My thinking is, Carnival is using our money to gain interest until next month.  Trying to sell future cruises to replenish what they will have to refund.  JMO