Jump to content

Cruises cancelled through October


Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, onetimearoundtheworld said:

I had two cruises in October that got canceled now. Both were before final payment (UK) and the deposits were cruisenext vouchers. Now I got two 25% FCC credits of the CN value. Not that I would complain but no idea why as I still expect my CN vouchers to get back into my account. So the 25% would be pretty much free money without risk.

Oh no, not without risk. How do you figure? You could have taken 100% cash today to buy anything you want (food, gasoline, clothes, another vacation) or 125% gift certificate to be used at some point in the future for a Norwegian cruise. Surely you can see the risk associated with the options you had? If there was no risk involved, wouldn't the offer be 100% cash or 100% future cruise credit.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, luv2kroooz said:

Oh no, not without risk. How do you figure? You could have taken 100% cash today to buy anything you want (food, gasoline, clothes, another vacation) or 125% gift certificate to be used at some point in the future for a Norwegian cruise. Surely you can see the risk associated with the options you had? If there was no risk involved, wouldn't the offer be 100% cash or 100% future cruise credit.

 

No unless a canceled cruise were you only paid with a cruise next deposit so far would give you the option to get a cash back of the full CN voucher amount. I seriously doubt that is an option. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, onetimearoundtheworld said:

 

No unless a canceled cruise were you only paid with a cruise next deposit so far would give you the option to get a cash back of the full CN voucher amount. I seriously doubt that is an option. 

So you purchased an entire cruise, port charges and taxes with cruise next? If so, that was a great deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites

October might have another problem as many forecast to have a second Covid wave approaching Europe and the rest of the world. Well, the US will still deal with its current wave but as for the Europeans - I doubt that they would want another wave to arrive from across the seas, this is why I think that the boarders will be closed for this period. Something might change but I very doubt it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, seaman11 said:

does anyone know why cruises for oct are still showing to book? 

They always have been.

When you try to go thru the booking process and get to the cabin selection page it shows "All Sold Out" for every cabin.

Same thing will be happening for November shortly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, seaman11 said:

does anyone know why cruises for oct are still showing to book? 

The cruises have been "on hold" for several weeks. They need to make sure the 10's of thousands of reservations are all properly cancelled before removing the cruise. Normally, this takes a few days for one cancelled cruise. For dozens of cruises on all ships, on all weeks, it is taking a while. 

 

We had a cruise in this October block that was cancelled. We "knew" it was cancelled weeks ago when our reservation was "held" and all of the funds were transferred off the reservation (i.e., prompting us to make final payment every time we logged on). When our cruises were cancelled in earlier blocks, our reservation stayed active, but held, until the day the cruise was suppose to conclude. You should have seen the same thing on your cancelled cruises. 

Edited by BirdTravels
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The cruises have been "on hold" for several weeks. They need to make sure the 10's of thousands of reservations are all properly cancelled before removing the cruise. Normally, this takes a few days for one cancelled cruise. For dozens of cruises on all ships, on all weeks, it is taking a while. 

 

We had a cruise in this October block that was cancelled. We "knew" it was cancelled weeks ago when our reservation was "held" and all of the funds were transferred off the reservation (i.e., prompting us to make final payment every time we logged on). When our cruises were cancelled in earlier blocks, our reservation stayed active, but held, until the day the cruise was suppose to conclude. You should have seen the same thing on your cancelled cruises. 

No i mean if you search to book a new one oct is still coming up to book.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, seaman11 said:

No i mean if you search to book a new one oct is still coming up to book.  

Try a mock booking and take it to the final stage. Just because it shows you can't actually book it.

 

As  Have WeMetYet said it will be sold out.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...