Jump to content

Carnival Doesn't Have the Common Courtesy


sanmarcosman
 Share

Recommended Posts

To advise you when your PVP separates from the company! I called this afternoon and my PVP's extension was picked up by a rep at the 1-800 center. It seems to me that simple business courtesy requires that the departing PVP's clients be advised of the situation via email blast or other means. I don't expect a phone call but someone at Carnival should have told me via text or email.

 

When I asked to be reassigned to another PVP a supervisor said my current cruise in late October would long be over before a PVP could contact me. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Breathe in slowly and deeply, exhale evenly and slow.  Step away from the computer.  Relax.  There are so many much more important things to be concerned about.  This is nothing.  Look at a flower.  Think about the ocean.  Relax. There's no need to go stirring up strife over this.  Consider a cloud.  Gaze at your navel. Just relax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, pe4all said:

Hopefully your pvp is just furloughed - not layed off permanently.  https://www.local10.com/news/local/2020/05/14/carnival-announces-layoffs-and-furloughs-as-cruise-industry-works-to-stay-afloat/  Did you try emailing your pvp?  See if it bounces back?  Sometimes extensions are changed.

Yes, I did email them and it did not bounce back. That's another thing, if Carnival would cancel the account of an inactive associate a bounce back would have given me the heads up to phone their call center. Thanks for asking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've had several PVP changes over the years.  Not a big deal.  The new one will contact you looking for business.  The new one will have your past information.  If planning a new cruise, which is why they call to begin with, you need to be up on the site anyway so that you can assist in getting the correct cabin, and any packages or excursions you want.  NEVER let a PVP (or a TA) plan everything for you with out your assistance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

To advise you when your PVP separates from the company! I called this afternoon and my PVP's extension was picked up by a rep at the 1-800 center. It seems to me that simple business courtesy requires that the departing PVP's clients be advised of the situation via email blast or other means. I don't expect a phone call but someone at Carnival should have told me via text or email.

 

When I asked to be reassigned to another PVP a supervisor said my current cruise in late October would long be over before a PVP could contact me. 

 

Mine seems to be on a extended health leave. I've called since March, refers me to other extensions. Maybe she had a baby I thought to myself, but I cant reach mine since covid started.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, sanmarcosman said:

To advise you when your PVP separates from the company! I called this afternoon and my PVP's extension was picked up by a rep at the 1-800 center. It seems to me that simple business courtesy requires that the departing PVP's clients be advised of the situation via email blast or other means. I don't expect a phone call but someone at Carnival should have told me via text or email.

 

When I asked to be reassigned to another PVP a supervisor said my current cruise in late October would long be over before a PVP could contact me. 

 

No place that has sales employees who work on quotas and/or commission announces or notifies of departures.  They also cut off the ex-employees access to customers so they can't take them with them.  The employee may have had no notice so they couldn't back up names

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Elaine5715 said:

No place that has sales employees who work on quotas and/or commission announces or notifies of departures.  They also cut off the ex-employees access to customers so they can't take them with them.  The employee may have had no notice so they couldn't back up names

Thank you, this was helpful, all facts and no philosophizing 😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OP, I agree with you.   Great PVP's are few.   OP was not asking for the moon, and just because its not been done in the past doesn't mean it shouldn't be done now.   We are 5 months into this Covid crisis, time to quit using it as an excuse!!!

 

And chill, yes I know they're not sailing.   But they're still taking bookings and deposits, right??   Sure they are, so service those!!!  How hard would it have been to take the client list and blast out an email???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

Let's be real. Do you contact your PVP to say goodbye if you no longer cruise with Carnival?

That's a good question, except for the way you phrased it. We haven't left Carnival so the question is: Would you call your PVP if you decided to no longer sail with Carnival?

 

Yes, I would thank them for their efforts on our behalf and explain why we were parting ways. We all owe that to people who work for us and who have served us well.

Edited by sanmarcosman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I texted mine yesterday and she let me know she was no longer with Carnival.  Very sad and sorry to see her go, but it is what it is.  I manage an office of Customer Service people and when one leaves, we don't "announce" it.  We just hire and train a new one and their customers are usually fine with it.  

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guys please remember that we are living in this "Right To Work" employment mentality. If I fire you "so what" or if you "quit" see you later. Do we really have to ponder "Why There Is No Courtesy" exhibited? 

 

We've trained our Society to be more "Heartless" and less "Caring". We have become the recipients of our own "Creation"  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My PVP who I have dealt with since 2009,  is also no longer with Carnival, but seems she left of her own will, and is working elsewhere now.  I dont blame her, as I know she has children to support and needs to work.  I only found out because my emails from Carnival were sent by a new PVP, and I found out why she left through the grapevine.  I dont really hold Carnival accountable for this, but it would have been nice to have a notice directly from the PVP herself, just a quick word saying , sorry to say goodbye, but she must move on.  I have no ill feelings toward her either for not doing that.  Just saying, it would have been nice after many years of doing business to have a few short words of farewell.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why would a company hassle with notifying all of "their" customers? You cruise with carnival, not the person who booked your cruise. 99% of cruisers dont care, not worth the effort on their part. No need to get feelings hurt, it's a business.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

Why would a company hassle with notifying all of "their" customers? You cruise with carnival, not the person who booked your cruise. 99% of cruisers dont care, not worth the effort on their part. No need to get feelings hurt, it's a business.

On this matter I think and not feel. 

Edited by sanmarcosman
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 10:16 PM, sanmarcosman said:

To advise you when your PVP separates from the company! I called this afternoon and my PVP's extension was picked up by a rep at the 1-800 center. It seems to me that simple business courtesy requires that the departing PVP's clients be advised of the situation via email blast or other means. I don't expect a phone call but someone at Carnival should have told me via text or email.

 

When I asked to be reassigned to another PVP a supervisor said my current cruise in late October would long be over before a PVP could contact me. 

 

I agree that it would be nice if they notified that.  But, I'd be a little concerned about 2 things:  1 - Why would they tell you that you can't have a new PVP within 2 months?  And 2:  Unless you told them it was about that specific cruise, why wouldn't they assume you're calling to book a new cruise?  Seems like it would be in their interest to hook you up with someone new ASAP.

 

My 2 cents worth (might be worth 1 cent now)  :classic_biggrin:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, FLCruise7 said:

I agree that it would be nice if they notified that.  But, I'd be a little concerned about 2 things:  1 - Why would they tell you that you can't have a new PVP within 2 months?  And 2:  Unless you told them it was about that specific cruise, why wouldn't they assume you're calling to book a new cruise?  Seems like it would be in their interest to hook you up with someone new ASAP.

 

My 2 cents worth (might be worth 1 cent now)  :classic_biggrin:

Good question. When my call was automatically transferred to the 1-800 number the recorded voice said: 'Press 1 for an existing booking and 2 for a new booking.' As for the months long delay for a PVP I was told the department was understaffed.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...