Empress of The Seas

1 hour ago, LXA350 said:

Often when on a cruise leaving a Florida port, this is really how it feels like. As it is, such Pin's are the ones that make the most noise and creates then such image 

Hehe, would you share with us which Pin gave you a chewing out and what the tingler was about  that you hate this group or are you just a normal Debbie Downer ?

On 8/21/2020 at 3:01 PM, twangster said:

Carnival has long taken the approach of not keeping up with painting the hull.  At the moment Empress looks like a Carnival ship, the Carnival Empress.  Maybe that is who they sold her to and they are getting her ready... 🙂    

Interesting opinion. I have never noticed any more rust on CCL ships vs RCI, NCL, etc. I have noticed painting of the hull on all cruise lines I have been on.

2 hours ago, LXA350 said:

Often when on a cruise leaving a Florida port, this is really how it feels like. As it is, such Pin's are the ones that make the most noise and creates then such image 

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

About it being cheaper than living on land?

It may be cheaper than living on land, as long as you are rid of your mortgage, taxes, cars, loans, utilities, insurance, etc. etc... but those still maintaining homes on land know that it is not cheaper to cruise than to stay at home. It would be cheaper to not pay for the cruise, and stay in a home you already have. 

I hope I never come across as bitter to those who can do what I love... more often than I can.

3 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

About it being cheaper than living on land?

Some really seem to believe it and there are sure some experts that fully think the plan through by renting out their condo durin the time they are on board for a longer time etc.

• Haha 1

On 8/22/2020 at 7:26 AM, Biker19 said:

Maybe the layup is planned for several months and they are getting a better deal on resupply in this area. 

100% this ☝️☝️☝️☝️

That's why she's in Greece. 

Also why there's a lot of ships in Curacao, around the English Channel, and Singapore amongst others. 

4 hours ago, PaulS said:

I have been clicking on this topic because I am interested in the fate of the Empress. Please try to stay on topic. People who want to discuss carbon emissions and Pinnacle booking patterns should start new threads and not hijack these informative threads.

Thanks

Ditto!

On topic:  I wish RC would either !#*& or get off the pot about Empress.  I just made the first of final payments on 3 B2Bs from November 22 - December 12.  Nothing to Lift & Shift to since I booked solo OVs, and I don't want FCC at this point if cancelled by RC (or for any reason) because solo cabins on anything I'm interested in in 2021 are booked through 2021, and I'm not willing to pay more (got a hell of a deal on these three).  If Empress goes, I don't know when I'll book another Royal cruise (and I would have turned Diamond on the first of these B2Bs).   😒  JMHO

Edited by NuisanceLuke
Clarification (I hope. . .)

1 hour ago, GregD said:

100% this ☝️☝️☝️☝️

That's why she's in Greece. 

Also why there's a lot of ships in Curacao, around the English Channel, and Singapore amongst others. 

You have two ships of X also in Greece. so s is not alone there.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Extra Kim said:

Wasn't Singapore one of few ports in Asia that let crew disembark?

They were closed originally but in June were one of the first to allow full crew changes with a strict set of rules and requirements.

4 hours ago, NuisanceLuke said:

On topic:  November 22 - December 12.  Nothing to Lift & Shift to since I booked solo OVs, 

I'm also booked in one of the "Solo Ocean View" cabins on Empress for the Nov. 14 sailing on Empress. The website offers a L&S to a guarantee OV on Jewel, Odyssey or Allure for same time 2021. I'm not sure why you're saying that there's nothing to L&S to. Not trying to give you a hard time, just interested in your reasoning. (BTW - I got a great rate, too - compared to the 2021 sailings)

54 minutes ago, snaefell said:

Empress on the move too,heading for Souda according to AIS

Souda was where she was anchored and I thought she's just heading out to maybe make some water, but she seems to be on the way someplace else - she may need resupply. 

Edited by Biker19