Jump to content

Empress of The Seas


Recommended Posts

 

re:  Empress:   Yesterday, I would have bet the farm that she was Turkey bound for sure no matter what the destination indicated.  Today, not so sure.  😵

_________

 

15 hours ago, wikoffclan said:

I'm also booked in one of the "Solo Ocean View" cabins on Empress for the Nov. 14 sailing on Empress. The website offers a L&S to a guarantee OV on Jewel, Odyssey or Allure for same time 2021. I'm not sure why you're saying that there's nothing to L&S to. Not trying to give you a hard time, just interested in your reasoning. (BTW - I got a great rate, too - compared to the 2021 sailings)

 

I don't mind explaining further--I should have said there is nothing to L & S to that fits in with my 2021 cruise/travel schedule or meets my criteria, so for me there is nothing to L & S to.  I didn't think anyone really cared about why, but here goes (the condensed version): 

  1.  Conflict with other booked cruises and travel plans in Nov-Dec 2021 and Royal not willing to be flexible with the 4-week time restraint. 
  2.  Guarantee OVs.  I don't book B2Bs if I can't get the same cabin for all. 
  3.  And Jewel would have been the only choice for me which also limited my L & S possibilities because Allure & Odyssey are not my cup of tea--been there, done that on Allure last October and hated it.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, NuisanceLuke said:

 

re:  Empress:   Yesterday, I would have bet the farm that she was Turkey bound for sure no matter what the destination indicated.  Today, not so sure.  😵

_________

 

 

I don't mind explaining further--I should have said there is nothing to L & S to that fits in with my 2021 cruise/travel schedule or meets my criteria, so for me there is nothing to L & S to.  I didn't think anyone really cared about why, but here goes (the condensed version): 

  1.  Conflict with other booked cruises and travel plans in Nov-Dec 2021 and Royal not willing to be flexible with the 4-week time restraint. 
  2.  Guarantee OVs.  I don't book B2Bs if I can't get the same cabin for all. 
  3.  And Jewel would have been the only choice for me which also limited my L & S possibilities because Allure & Odyssey are not my cup of tea--been there, done that on Allure last October and hated it.

 

 

Where are you seeing the lift and shift options for the sailing? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NuisanceLuke said:

 

  I didn't think anyone really cared about why, but here goes (the condensed version): 

  1.  Conflict with other booked cruises and travel plans in Nov-Dec 2021 and Royal not willing to be flexible with the 4-week time restraint. 
  2.  Guarantee OVs.  I don't book B2Bs if I can't get the same cabin for all. 
  3.  And Jewel would have been the only choice for me which also limited my L & S possibilities because Allure & Odyssey are not my cup of tea--been there, done that on Allure last October and hated it.

 

 

Thank you. I appreciate you taking the time. My travel time is also constrained next year due to a Med cruise with a friend at the end of Nov. 2021. So my only choice of the options offered is the Allure on 11/13. I've been on MSC Seaside which may be comparable to Allure but I'm still a bit unsure whether I'd "appreciate" Allure. I don't cruise for the fun and games, I cruise for the relaxation and sailing on the sea. Thus my love of Empress - small, friendly and open outside space to sit and watch the sea go by. I so hope she's not bound for Turkey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, keyboardjunkie said:

 

Where are you seeing the lift and shift options for the sailing? 

This link may work: https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R

 

When you sign into Royal, look for the "Cruise with Confidence" page. It's a bit hard to find. There are 3 options: Cancel; Request a Refund;and Lift and Shift. Lift and Shift will ask for your Booking ID, your last name, sail date and ship. Once you select "Begin Request" it will give options and ask you to select your top 3. I haven't gone any further than to look at the options. I assume that once selected and submitted I would be locked in. I'm not ready to pull the plug on Empress yet.

 

Hop this helps

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, wikoffclan said:

This link may work: https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R

 

When you sign into Royal, look for the "Cruise with Confidence" page. It's a bit hard to find. There are 3 options: Cancel; Request a Refund;and Lift and Shift. Lift and Shift will ask for your Booking ID, your last name, sail date and ship. Once you select "Begin Request" it will give options and ask you to select your top 3. I haven't gone any further than to look at the options. I assume that once selected and submitted I would be locked in. I'm not ready to pull the plug on Empress yet.

 

Hop this helps

 

Thank you for the very clear explanation....it helps a lot!  Now I know where to look......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/23/2020 at 11:50 AM, bigeck said:

Please dont xlass all Europeans the same

I don't call ALL Europeans the same but they do have similar beliefs across Europe which can easily be proven by their taxation rates. To Europeans (again, based on their tax rates which they approved), higher taxation is better in almost every circumstance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

I don't call ALL Europeans the same but they do have similar beliefs across Europe which can easily be proven by their taxation rates. To Europeans (again, based on their tax rates which they approved), higher taxation is better in almost every circumstance.

Uk has a 20% tax rate and Denmark has 60%

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

 

Turkey might be full, certainly scrappers in India have openings 

 

FWIW, the Turkey operation seems much cleaner than India beachings

I don't think that we will see any ship from the big cruise lines scraped in India. Not without being sold several times anyway. 

 

But it might become a Fiat or a Ferrari if Aliaga is full.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bigeck said:

Uk has a 20% tax rate and Denmark has 60%

VAT Tax for England is 20% and for Denmark is 25%. No idea where you get 60% from as that is waaaaaay off the mark when comparing apples to apples. Either way, it proves when compared to US sales taxes that Europeans, unlike the US (for the most part), have no issues whatsoever slapping more and more taxes on their population as a whole.

FYI, when I was stationed in England from 1981-1983, the VAT was only 11%. Why the extra 9% in the last 30+ years? Finding that your free health care ain't so free?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Computer Nerd said:

VAT Tax for England is 20% and for Denmark is 25%. No idea where you get 60% from as that is waaaaaay off the mark when comparing apples to apples. Either way, it proves when compared to US sales taxes that Europeans, unlike the US (for the most part), have no issues whatsoever slapping more and more taxes on their population as a whole.

FYI, when I was stationed in England from 1981-1983, the VAT was only 11%. Why the extra 9% in the last 30+ years? Finding that your free health care ain't so free?

 

No one thinks that it's "free".  It is paid through payroll taxes.  If we had the same system, instead of paying insurance premiums, you would pay payroll taxes, as you do now for Social Security and Medicare. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2020 at 12:31 PM, BigAl94 said:

She is the sole ship of her class and the oldest vessel in the Royal Caribbean fleet so I doubt if she has a future.

if empress is sold what ship will they use to dock in hamilton bermuda for 7 day cruises

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...