Empress of The Seas

Just learned that our June 2021 Empress to Bermuda cruise has been canceled as the ship has been redeployed. Very disappointed, love the Empress and was looking forward to cruising into Hamilton and St. George. Perhaps Empress will be sailing out 0f Europe. I hope she is sailing somewhere as part of the the RCCL fleet. 

Jonathan

Edited by cruiserking

1 minute ago, cruiserking said:

Just learned that our June 2021 Empress to Bermuda cruise has been canceled as the ship has been redeployed. Very disappointed, love the Empress and was looking forward to cruising into Hamilton and St. George. Perhaps Empress will be sailing out Europe. I hope she is sailing somewhere as part of the the RCCL fleet. 

Jonathan

Good luck

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

Just learned that our June 2021 Empress to Bermuda cruise has been canceled as the ship has been redeployed. Very disappointed, love the Empress and was looking forward to cruising into Hamilton and St. George. Perhaps Empress will be sailing out 0f Europe. I hope she is sailing somewhere as part of the the RCCL fleet. 

Jonathan

What exactly does redeployed mean?

43 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

My mistake. Empress is not being redeployed. It was another cruise line, Crown Princess being redeployed. Empress to Bermuda is still a go. Carry on. 

Jonathan

Princess, Empress, Duchess, Countess- title/schmitle.  Unless it's Queen👑!

Glad you were mistaken, Jonathan!

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cruiserking said:

No. Hamilton, Bermuda all systems go. First round of Dark and Stormy's is on me. 

Jonathan

Aliga is the port in Turkey where many of us expect Empress will be scrapped in the near future. Don’t get your heart too set on cruising to Bermuda on Empress. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Aliga is the port in Turkey where many of us expect Empress will be scrapped in the near future. Don’t get your heart too set on cruising to Bermuda on Empress. 

Well aware of that ill fated destination. I have already had my heart crushed numerous times with canceled cruises.

As of right now Empress is scheduled for Bermuda, Royal Caribbean says she's staying in the fleet, that works for me.

Jonathan 

Edited by cruiserking
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NancyIL said:

Sadly I agree with you Nancy.  She is rusting away at anchor waiting her turn.

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes very sad to see all the rust on the last close up photo I saw of her.  I suspect that is not a good sign for her.  I would think they would stay ontop of that and do regular painting.

I wonder if staffing levels are high enough to be able to paint the hulls. 

15 hours ago, cruiserking said:

Well aware of that ill fated destination. I have already had my heart crushed numerous times with canceled cruises.

As of right now Empress is scheduled for Bermuda, Royal Caribbean says she's staying in the fleet, that works for me.

Jonathan 

I'm booked on a September Empress Canada cruise out of Montreal with a wonderful itinerary, and it's still bookable. However, I have no expectation that Empress will ever sail that itinerary.  Wondering whether the Empress will be scrapped or sold is a different scenario than wondering whether my May 2021 Jewel cruise will be sailing in Europe.

5 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I'm booked on a September Empress Canada cruise out of Montreal with a wonderful itinerary, and it's still bookable. However, I have no expectation that Empress will ever sail that itinerary.  Wondering whether the Empress will be scrapped or sold is a different scenario than wondering whether my May 2021 Jewel cruise will be sailing in Europe.

I prefer to look at the glass half full. I have had so many cruises canceled lately, I just want to keep dreaming of Empress until it comes true. 

Happy cruising. 

Jonathan

5 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I’m also supposed to be on the Snowbird Migration Cruise out of Montreal, plus another 3 cruises on Empress in 2021. Sadly not going to happen😕 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I am on that same cruise.  It will be so sad if it is canceled because no other Royal ship can do that port.

2 hours ago, renieg813 said:

I’m also supposed to be on the Snowbird Migration Cruise out of Montreal, plus another 3 cruises on Empress in 2021. Sadly not going to happen😕 

I am also booked on the Snowbird Migration. I will keep hoping until we see Empress at the scrapyard. The glass is half full . 

7 hours ago, renieg813 said:

We are currently booked on the snowbird cruise. We haven’t cancelled yet but it’s getting closer to happening.