Empress of The Seas

27 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes very sad to see all the rust on the last close up photo I saw of her.  I suspect that is not a good sign for her.  I would think they would stay ontop of that and do regular painting.

I wonder if staffing levels are high enough to be able to paint the hulls. 

15 hours ago, cruiserking said:

Well aware of that ill fated destination. I have already had my heart crushed numerous times with canceled cruises.

As of right now Empress is scheduled for Bermuda, Royal Caribbean says she's staying in the fleet, that works for me.

Jonathan 

I'm booked on a September Empress Canada cruise out of Montreal with a wonderful itinerary, and it's still bookable. However, I have no expectation that Empress will ever sail that itinerary.  Wondering whether the Empress will be scrapped or sold is a different scenario than wondering whether my May 2021 Jewel cruise will be sailing in Europe.

5 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I'm booked on a September Empress Canada cruise out of Montreal with a wonderful itinerary, and it's still bookable. However, I have no expectation that Empress will ever sail that itinerary.  Wondering whether the Empress will be scrapped or sold is a different scenario than wondering whether my May 2021 Jewel cruise will be sailing in Europe.

I prefer to look at the glass half full. I have had so many cruises canceled lately, I just want to keep dreaming of Empress until it comes true. 

Happy cruising. 

Jonathan

5 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I’m also supposed to be on the Snowbird Migration Cruise out of Montreal, plus another 3 cruises on Empress in 2021. Sadly not going to happen😕 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

I am on that same cruise.  It will be so sad if it is canceled because no other Royal ship can do that port.

2 hours ago, renieg813 said:

I’m also supposed to be on the Snowbird Migration Cruise out of Montreal, plus another 3 cruises on Empress in 2021. Sadly not going to happen😕 

I am also booked on the Snowbird Migration. I will keep hoping until we see Empress at the scrapyard. The glass is half full . 

7 hours ago, renieg813 said:

We are currently booked on the snowbird cruise. We haven’t cancelled yet but it’s getting closer to happening. 

1 hour ago, benjoon said:

We are currently booked on the snowbird cruise. We haven’t cancelled yet but it’s getting closer to happening. 

Unless you have a refundable deposit, you’ll get a future cruise credit rather than a refund if you cancel your Empress cruise before RCI cancels it.

I imagine with a small crew it takes a long time to remove all the artwork and get it down to the lower decks ready to be offloaded.  At some point the lower decks are lined with pieces of art so it can hinder movement and presents a safety hazard.  

At that point you dock and move the artwork off the ship to the other ship and get ready to repeat the process.  

Does anyone have family on Crete?  I'd love to see what they are moving between ships...

• Like 1

On 9/16/2020 at 2:14 AM, notmyrealnameoremail said:

I wonder if staffing levels are high enough to be able to paint the hulls. 

No, they are not. Most cruise ships are currently full of rust while they are anchoring with short port stops about once a month, also the newer once. And this will not improve soon...

On 9/16/2020 at 8:39 PM, NancyIL said:

Unless you have a refundable deposit, you’ll get a future cruise credit rather than a refund if you cancel your Empress cruise before RCI cancels it.

You don't have to cancel - just "move" your booking number to another cruise.  They will use your deposit for the new cruise.

5 hours ago, DHADEN said:

You don't have to cancel - just "move" your booking number to another cruise.  They will use your deposit for the new cruise.

The person I responded to mentioned cancelling their cruise, and that's not something I'd recommend unless their deposit is refundable.

If Empress manages to survive, and if RCI doesn't change the itinerary - I'll go on my Sept. 2021 cruise. However, if Empress leaves the fleet - I have no interest in replacing it with another cruise.

6 hours ago, NancyIL said:

The person I responded to mentioned cancelling their cruise, and that's not something I'd recommend unless their deposit is refundable.

If Empress manages to survive, and if RCI doesn't change the itinerary - I'll go on my Sept. 2021 cruise. However, if Empress leaves the fleet - I have no interest in replacing it with another cruise.

We only have a small deposit on the snow bird cruise. We will leave it there until closer to full payment. We have also put a deposit on a transpacific.

According to an RCI Press announcement that was posted online and later removed -  RCI will be making some big changes to their April through October 2021 itineraries. It doesn’t mention Empress, but says Freedom of the Seas will be doing cruises in summer 2021 to Canada, New England, and Bermuda out of Cape Liberty (see post #1):

Edited by NancyIL
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Correction to my post above: Freedom’s 2021 Canada and Bermuda itineraries aren’t new. The press announcement just mentioned 2021 would be its first time to sail out of Cape Liberty.  

There were a lot of questions with that release

1 hour ago, Kokomo91165 said:

Has anyone had any luck Lifting and Shifting an existing Empress booking to another ship?

Lots of folks have done that successfully - would not wait much longer as the L&S option is due to expire at the end of the month.

• Thanks 1