Empress of The Seas

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

The cruise industry has learned its lesson to not confine folks on board the ship (regardless of cabin category) for any longer than needed. While it may not represent the norm on larger ships, the two most recent outbreaks had customers off the ship within about a day of a positive COVID test on board.

I'm sure that the cruise lines would like to get infected crew and passengers off their ships, the local authorities may not allow it.  Most places can't accommodate a couple thousand potential cases of Covid. 

1 hour ago, ipeeinthepool said:

When you're quarantined for weeks a time a balcony allows the passengers to get some fresh air and sunlight .  An inside cabin would be similar to solitary confinement.

Multiple week passenger quarantines will not be the norm. If that’s the operating model, then the lines will not be allowed to resume. You stated reasons why someone would choose a ship with a balcony. To date, have not heard anything about it being mandatory other than those being preferred rooms to make available while ships sail with limited capacity. The decision seems more revenue/pr driven.

17 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

Multiple week passenger quarantines will not be the norm. If that’s the operating model, then the lines will not be allowed to resume. You stated reasons why someone would choose a ship with a balcony. To date, have not heard anything about it being mandatory other than those being preferred rooms to make available while ships sail with limited capacity. The decision seems more revenue/pr driven.

Can you tell me which cruise lines have published their post covid policy and procedures?

Warning:  Off topic

@ipeeinthepool 

I love your screen name, but would you by any chance be willing to give me your cruise schedule for the next 10-20 years or so?    😁:classic_biggrin:😉

Edited by NuisanceLuke
Bold
  • Haha 5

On 8/4/2020 at 6:50 AM, Heymarco said:

The Tui sailing that happened out of germany one of the live cruises posted passengers were only allowed to be in balcony or suites.  No ov or interior cabins were sold for that sailing and I believe I heard the same for the mein schiff 1 sailing for this week.  

Nothing has been officially by rcl since they dont have any sailings confirmed to go out yet.

Part of the logic is this will help with social distancing as some passengers will relax on their balconies instead of crowding pool decks etc.  Also was mentioned on the tui sailing that some passengers preferred room service on their balconies instead of going to go dining room and having to remove their mask to eat.  

• Thanks 1