Pent up demand

jwc1027

14 minutes ago, K.T.B. said:

Exactly.  I'm 57 and my wife is nearly 73 (4 days away!), so we definitely are eager for the vaccine.  But US citizens are going nowhere outside the country until everyone starts realizing it's frikkin' serious.  WAY too many "me first, I don't care about you" people out there are making this impossible.

So until there's a vaccine (and by all reports I've seen and read over the past few weeks, it's looking REALLY good for one by the end of the year), cruising for US citizens just won't happen.  And, IMO, as unpopular as I know it would be, I suspect cruise lines might make being vaccinated a condition for cruising.  Just a guess on my part though.

Happy Birthday to your wife. August people are good people. 😉 8/1 here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Who is paying ? What information are you privy to? What concrete info do you have that people are booking under these sky high rates? None ..... Speculation at best and you’re one that I refer to that will book as a result of the lines marketing strategies. A fool and their money are soon parted. You should care if fools are willing to pay these ridiculous prices because if they will then you’ll have to as well in the future  or stay home ..... You don’t get it at all. 

Actually, we just booked a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the Infinity on info we got here on CC regarding the void caused by a charter cruise that moved to the following year. We got a Sky Suite with all the perks for $214 pp on the Infinity. So a few deals are still there, but demand is definitely outpacing supply.

BTW I could be wrong, but I believe Celebrity "supply and demand" computer algorithms cause what sometimes seem like daily pricing changes rather than humans. But, that's something I just heard one time. But, I will also note they do have A LOT of weekly sales that really don't offer many great deals, especially if you already have a booked cruise that may apply. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

Multiple European ships have Covid-19

Pent up demand is not the the only hidden tactic that cruise lines are falsely reporting.

”Cruise Law News” reported that TUI, AIDA, HURTIGRUTEN AND MEIN SCHIFF, all have Crew outbreaks that are not being reported or slowly reported.

How do you think that our CDC will respond to cruising resuming this year?

Hal

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Actually, we just booked a 7 day Caribbean cruise on the Infinity on info we got here on CC regarding the void caused by a charter cruise that moved to the following year. We got a Sky Suite with all the perks for $214 pp on the Infinity. So a few deals are still there, but demand is definitely outpacing supply.

What is the date of that cruise? 

2 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

Who is paying ? What information are you privy to? What concrete info do you have that people are booking under these sky high rates? None ..... Speculation at best and you’re one that I refer to that will book as a result of the lines marketing strategies. A fool and their money are soon parted. You should care if fools are willing to pay these ridiculous prices because if they will then you’ll have to as well in the future  or stay home ..... You don’t get it at all. 

If that’s where the market demand is that’s where it is, nothing I can do about it. Just like cars 

If they’re gouging then people won’t pay and they’ll have to reduce, which we will see at SOME point one way or another. So I do agree with you there.

1 hour ago, Ken the cruiser said:

BTW I could be wrong, but I believe Celebrity "supply and demand" computer algorithms cause what sometimes seem like daily pricing changes rather than humans. But, that's something I just heard one time. But, I will also note they do have A LOT of weekly sales that really don't offer many great deals, especially if you already have a booked cruise that may apply. 

I find the pricing hard to believe, a little over $30 p.p. per day, in a Sky Suite, with all four perks, the taxes and fees would eat up over half of that. Either it’s a late April fools joke, or a typo.

4 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

I find the pricing hard to believe, a little over $30 p.p. per day, in a Sky Suite, with all four perks, the taxes and fees would eat up over half of that. Either it’s a late April fools joke, or a typo.

I'm sorry, I forgot to add the "per day" and that's just for the base rate excluding taxes and fees. My fault. Here's the link to the cruise if you are interested:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-details/7-night-eastern-caribbean-cruise-from-miami-florida?packageID=IN07E275&sDT=2021-02-27&cCD=CO

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I'm sorry, I forgot to add the "per day" and that's just for the base rate excluding taxes and fees. My fault. Here's the link to the cruise if you are interested:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/itinerary-details/7-night-eastern-caribbean-cruise-from-miami-florida?packageID=IN07E275&sDT=2021-02-27&cCD=CO

I figured that.

We had a similar deal booked on the Millennium, 11 day Alaska cruise leaving April 30. It was like yours, they were bringing the ship back early, from Asia and needed to fill it. We had a Celebrity Suite booked for about $3100 p.p. that included all four perks as well as all taxes and fees. We were also going to get a fully refundable obc from our travel agency of $400. Sadly the cruise was cancelled but since they cancelled it, we got every penny back even though to took about eight weeks.

You got a great deal, just hope you are able to take the cruise.

• Thanks 1