Cruise Critic Community
Dwight1

Crazy pricing to lure cruisers

1 hour ago, pumpkin 11 said:

April is a long way out, you really think it’ll be canceled?

I think there is a very good chance it will be cancelled.  We also have a Baltics cruise booked for May and I have doubts about that one, too.  We have a HAL Trans Atlantic booked for October 2021 on the new Rotterdam and we feel more confident that one will sail.  Time will tell.

Prices always go up and down, we booked a sky suite on edge two weeks ago now price is more than 500 per person higher this is for a April cruise 

2 hours ago, Ride-The-Waves said:

The level of obfuscation by the cruise lines for future sailings, those beyond COVID-19 restrictions, CLIA and CDC guidance, caution on the part of potential passengers, is simply amazing.  Cruise lines are in the business of profit.  If they cannot profit they will close down.  The current phase is offer enticements like L&S to keep potential passengers committed and add in mix of obviously "too good to be true" pricing to catch more down payments knowing full well that it cannot be delivered.  Willing to wager that the extreme high prices are on cruises the lines believe have a chance of going while the "deals" are on those they know will have to be cancelled.  Just think about it:  cruise lines are collectively hemorrhaging over $1.5billion/month, an unsustainable level.  That has to be recouped to pay creditors.  Increased costs (cleaning, additional crew, expanded medical facilities, higher port costs, higher insurance, even some interior redesign, etc) all indicate that prices will climb for the same cabin level pre-covid.  

Wishful thinking that cruise lines would be honest with its potential (and especially past) passengers.  However that is not in the nature of the beast.  I would much prefer to be treated honestly than lead on by promises cruise lines have no intention of keeping.

So apparently the jig is up regarding the cruise lines' machinations! Since you seem to have figured all that out I doubt you’ll be “lead on” by any of them. 😉

1 hour ago, Lady Arwen said:

I think there is a very good chance it will be cancelled.  We also have a Baltics cruise booked for May and I have doubts about that one, too.  We have a HAL Trans Atlantic booked for October 2021 on the new Rotterdam and we feel more confident that one will sail.  Time will tell.

Well with that attitude might as well cancel. I hope you’re wrong

2 minutes ago, pumpkin 11 said:

Well with that attitude might as well cancel. I hope you’re wrong

I don’t have an attitude, thank you, just listening to others with more knowledge than I.  We will not cancel any of these cruises, will wait for cancellations from Celebrity, if that should be the case.  I hope that these ships sail, but I have to face reality.

I was excited to get the Celebrity email showing a five day flash sale. I immediately went in and checked the prices. The same cabin on our cruise out of Amsterdam next September would be $500 more pp. When’s a sale not a sale?  

2 hours ago, Poulsbo Cruisers said:

I was excited to get the Celebrity email showing a five day flash sale. I immediately went in and checked the prices. The same cabin on our cruise out of Amsterdam next September would be $500 more pp. When’s a sale not a sale?  

Exactly!!!   Cruise lines are playing games when they should be running for cover.  How these games play out will tell me what cruise lines I will have loyalty towards.  

Exactly!!!   Cruise lines are playing games when they should be running for cover.  How these games play out will tell me what cruise lines I will have loyalty towards.  

Based on the news today on the German cruise to Norway exploding with covid 19 despite all the protocols cruising is finished without a vaccine. Looks like they in for big trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

14 hours ago, Dwight1 said:

Based on the news today on the German cruise to Norway exploding with covid 19 despite all the protocols cruising is finished without a vaccine. Looks like they in for big trouble.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes .... I have four cruise booked through August of next year, but some if not all of these may need to be rescheduled.  Sad.  Maybe the cruise lines can sue China for the financial loss incurred.  We can only hope.