What do you miss about cruising Celebrity?

I miss my Solo IV on the Edge, Black Magic Martinis at the Martini Bar, Captain Kate's great sense of humor, and my quiet, comfy round couch/chair in Eden where I loved to just sit and read.

And frankly, I just miss the ocean!!!

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart
1 minute ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I miss my Solo IV on the Edge, Black Magic Martinis at the Martini Bar, Captain Kate's great sense of humor, and my quiet, comfy round couch/chair in Eden where I loved to just sit and read.

And frankly, I just miss the ocean!!!

That martini sounds good!

While I believe this topic has been replayed many times, no harm in reliving the fantastic experiences we've enjoyed over the many years of cruising, especially at a time like this .

It's always a great vacation--- Get onto the ship, unpack once , don't have to discuss " Where to go today, what restaurants, driving directions "  and,  go to different places every day or so.

The overall cruise experience -- the Specialty restaurants ( great food and a good way for spending  OBC ), the Service throughout the ship no matter what level the Staff person is, meeting people from all over the world,  the Entertainment , the Persian Gardens ( not the snorers ) , and even the 3 day putting contest . 

Now that I'm on CC I look forward to meeting everyone -- yes, everyone .

Just the simplicity of wandering thru the ship, relaxing at the World Class Bar with a wonderful Old Fashion drink  Going to Lawn Club Grill for a wonderful outdoor grilled meal.  Waking up way to early and going to top decks to catch the sunrise.  The evening drink at the sunset bar listening to great music.  

I do miss the "service dogs" that are dressed up for dinner in their  strollers

I also miss the cruisers who are on their first Celebrity cruise giving 'expert' advice to all

Seriously, I do miss getting dressed up for dinner in Blu and Murano.

Nothing at the present as we usually sail during the winter months.  I don’t see any purpose on leaving good weather during the summer and fall.  

More that cruising I miss doing what we normally do.  Visiting with relatives, friends, traveling around the USA, going to ball games, parties, and etc.  

I would trade all of cruising for the end of the Pandemic.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I miss having my bed made, my bathroom cleaned, my food cooked and cleaned up, sitting On my balcony with a glass of wine, Michael’s Club/The Retreat, and Luminae. I just miss watching the ocean flow by.

I've seen a few of these posts, and I always appreciate the diversion from the pandemic.  We miss cruising and decided to cancel a November America's cruise.  But, hopefully our Baltic in August 2021 will sail.  We especially miss:

-The excitement of boarding the ship, the end of the gangway, and getting that glass of bubbly

-Heading right to the Martini Bar for a drink

-Making reservations for Murano and Lawn Club Grill (Silhouette and Reflection, of course)

-Exploring the ship and people watching

-Unpacking once our cabin is ready

-Leisurely sea days, with morning coffee/pastry on the balcony, followed by breakfast in the dining room

-Great tours that we found and booked

-Great service from an amazing staff (every Celebrity ship we have been on!)

Heck, I even love the research that goes into planning a cruise! 🙂

Dale

2 hours ago, DENIE said:

Heck, I even love the research that goes into planning a cruise! 🙂

I think this is what we are missing most at the moment! 

We should have been cruising in October. By now we would have pre and post cruise hotels booked. Lots of research would have gone into our choices. Sometimes we will splurge on something expensive, sometimes we will choose something quaint and quirky or settle on something fairly basic because it has a great location. Whatever we book it will add something special to our holiday. I would be researching restaurants to make the most of our stay. Occasionally we go for something formal but often we want a pre cruise restaurant in our hotel or walking distance to our hotel where we can unwind following travel and enjoy some food and drink in a relaxing environment. We always make the beginning and end of the cruise as special as possible. 

Then I would be following any posts about the specific ship we are sailing on, asking questions on here about any changes since last cruise, food, drinks...

Then there is You Tube where we will look at videos of the ship, even ships we have sailed on before! Then we will reminisce about fantastic cruises we have enjoyed, things we have done and want to do again and things we never got around to but plan on doing this time!

Our October cruise has now been moved to September next year...It will, by far, be the longest we have gone between cruises for over 20 years!!! We are among the many who need to watch our health so our next cruise isn’t a ‘given’ it is dependent on things outside our control....

Next time we board we will take nothing for granted....From our boarding fizz to our first night in Tuscan to our last night in Murano’s (we are creatures of habit!). Everything will be savoured to the full!

Edited by chemmo

I miss having someone else doing all the cooking and cleaning. I miss the sight and sound of the ocean and the specialty restaurants. Most of all I miss the unlimited time with my husband. He works so many hours and then weekends seem full of maintenance chores.

Sadly I just canceled my January cruise and now have to wait for January 22. Oh well, the Lord is good and He will get me through lt!

11 hours ago, chemmo said:

I think this is what we are missing most at the moment! 

We should have been cruising in October. By now we would have pre and post cruise hotels booked. Lots of research would have gone into our choices. Sometimes we will splurge on something expensive, sometimes we will choose something quaint and quirky or settle on something fairly basic because it has a great location. Whatever we book it will add something special to our holiday. I would be researching restaurants to make the most of our stay. Occasionally we go for something formal but often we want a pre cruise restaurant in our hotel or walking distance to our hotel where we can unwind following travel and enjoy some food and drink in a relaxing environment. We always make the beginning and end of the cruise as special as possible. 

Then I would be following any posts about the specific ship we are sailing on, asking questions on here about any changes since last cruise, food, drinks...

Then there is You Tube where we will look at videos of the ship, even ships we have sailed on before! Then we will reminisce about fantastic cruises we have enjoyed, things we have done and want to do again and things we never got around to but plan on doing this time!

Our October cruise has now been moved to September next year...It will, by far, be the longest we have gone between cruises for over 20 years!!! We are among the many who need to watch our health so our next cruise isn’t a ‘given’ it is dependent on things outside our control....

Next time we board we will take nothing for granted....From our boarding fizz to our first night in Tuscan to our last night in Murano’s (we are creatures of habit!). Everything will be savoured to the full!

Ha, Chemmo, you sound just like me!  Love the YouTube videos! 🙂

On 7/31/2020 at 7:43 AM, celebritycruisevlog said:

What does everyone else miss about cruising Celebrity?

What do I miss about cruising Celebrity?  Let me think about it a while.  😎