No Premium Economy Upgrades

YoHoHo

30 minutes ago, luvsmickey said:

It was $199 pp for the return from Rome

An advantage of that route, or any other east to west, is that it is all in day light... pretty much and not the overnights where you have 5 to 9 hours

loss  of time zones to hit you.   

Just did a west to east of 15.5 hours in Business and even then it was nasty...even in a lie flat.   However doing a 11.5 hour east to west  was  pretty good with no lag...  Getting too old for this I guess  

Edited by Hawaiidan

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

Just did a west to east of 15.5 hours in Business and even then it was nasty...even in a lie flat.   However doing a 11.5 hour east to west  was  pretty good with no lag...  Getting too old for this I guess  

From where to where in 2020 did you fly for 15.5 hours straight??  

Edited by CintiPam

3 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

An advantage of that route, or any other east to west, is that it is all in day light... pretty much and not the overnights where you have 5 to 9 hours

loss  of time zones to hit you.   

Regardless of class I prefer west to east. I sleep when it's dark and awake when it's light.

1 hour ago, CintiPam said:

We did LAX to Taipei in about 14 hours and then on a few hours later to Bangkok. But yeah darn few. Will be interested in the answer.

1 hour ago, CintiPam said:

The longest direct flight we ever did was from Dubai to SFO and it is a 16 hour flight (I just looked it up).

It was not in 2020.

It was also the bargain of the century - Emirates First from Cape Town to Dubai to SFO (with a shower on A380) for $3300. The reverse itinerary was selling for $10,000 more - go figure.

If we wanted to fly only from Dubai to SFO it was the same price as Cape Town to Dubai to SFO.

Airline pricing never made any sense to me.

Edited by Paulchili

17 hours ago, YoHoHo said:

That said, PE is not currently offered on any O cruises, currently; at least not for Canadians. Unfortunately O, unlike some other cruise lines, now forces us to see offerings priced in CDN $. Other lets us choose. 

Very

Perplexing?

Not!

17 hours ago, clo said:

Regardless of class I prefer west to east. I sleep when it's dark and awake when it's light.

The tough  pill  to deal with arriving at 8 am  local time  and its  midnight or  1 am  your  departure time   Worst flight  to deal with was SAN-BKK....  11.5 hours to japan, a 1.5 hour plane change and  a 7.5 hour  on   19 hours on a plane... 20.5 hrs...... even in first it was hell.     747 to Japan.... but then  a 747-SP to BKK or SIN,  I forget which.    It was with the old school FC seats pre lie flats..  It was a revenue machine !!!   they had like 18 rows of FC seats  !!!  catering by Raffles...  to lagged to even eat anything....  for work  not pleasure.  a 3 day stay then back...  Used to do SFO-LHR   48 hour round trip and SFO-ZUR  48's also  total time with 24 on the ground  for business..... Those were the days...    No can do now.......but the miles made it tolerable 

Edited by Hawaiidan

17 hours ago, Paulchili said:

The longest direct flight we ever did was from Dubai to SFO and it is a 16 hour flight (I just looked it up).

It was not in 2020.

It was also the bargain of the century - Emirates First from Cape Town to Dubai to SFO (with a shower on A380) for $3300. The reverse itinerary was selling for $10,000 more - go figure.

If we wanted to fly only from Dubai to SFO it was the same price as Cape Town to Dubai to SFO.

Airline pricing never made any sense to me.

it does to the airline......

2 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

The tough  pill  to deal with arriving at 8 am  local time  and its  midnight or  1 am  your  departure time   Worst flight  to deal with was SAN-BKK....  11.5 hours to japan, a 1.5 hour plane change and  a 7.5 hour  on   19 hours on a plane... 20.5 hrs...... even in first it was hell.     747 to Japan.... but then  a 747-SP to BKK or SIN,  I forget which.    It was with the old school FC seats pre lie flats..  It was a revenue machine !!!   they had like 18 rows of FC seats  !!!  catering by Raffles...  to lagged to even eat anything....  for work  not pleasure.  a 3 day stay then back...  Used to do SFO-LHR   48 hour round trip and SFO-ZUR  48's also  total time with 24 on the ground  for business..... Those were the days...    No can do now.......but the miles made it tolerable 

Late last year we did EZE/IAH in UA's Polaris J. Ten hours of total heaven. I had a glass of sparkling wine, took a pill and slept all night.

United Polaris

5 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

MEL.....Australia. to LAX USA... in the winter with head winds.......787...

Thanks for answering my question, Dan.  I simply did not equate “just did” a 15-1/2 hour flight with your time frame of winter. I was wondering how you accomplished such a long flight in (what now seems longer but less than six months here so far) our COVID -19 days.

14 hours ago, CintiPam said:

Thanks for answering my question, Dan.  I simply did not equate “just did” a 15-1/2 hour flight with your time frame of winter. I was wondering how you accomplished such a long flight in (what now seems longer but less than six months here so far) our COVID -19 days.

October 2019....... on UAL..    With international air and travel shut down   all dressed up and nowhere to go...... well not true totally....  spent 3 weeks in June Wyoming, South Dakota Utah   traveling by jeep....off the grid so to speak....... No virus in Muddy Gap Wy !!!..

the great escape moab-vernal yellow stone 231.JPG

the great escape moab-vernal yellow stone 206.JPG

• Like 2

We have only cruised with Oceania once, sailed from San Antonio, Chile. There was not a PE upgrade offer available for that cruise. We have another cruise booked with O leaving out of Buenos Aires in 2022 and I'm wondering if these offers are usually just offered on trans-Atlantic flights. I noticed with the recent offers they all appeared to be for European cruises.

6 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

October 2019....... on UAL..    With international air and travel shut down   all dressed up and nowhere to go...... well not true totally....  spent 3 weeks in June Wyoming, South Dakota Utah   traveling by jeep....off the grid so to speak....... No virus in Muddy Gap Wy !!!..

the great escape moab-vernal yellow stone 231.JPG

the great escape moab-vernal yellow stone 206.JPG

That second photo is fantastic; thanks for posting it!  

34 minutes ago, CintiPam said:

That second photo is fantastic; thanks for posting it!  

Thanks.....that's the highway......... and that's the cross traffic....  sometimes pronghorn antelope, Deer and the odd Moose ( all moose are somewhat odd)    Too bad you can't read the overhead hiway sign...."  NO Fuel available in Muddy Gap"    Thats the extent of the local /regional problems !!!!

On 8/4/2020 at 5:25 PM, Hawaiidan said:

Thanks.....that's the highway......... and that's the cross traffic....  sometimes pronghorn antelope, Deer and the odd Moose ( all moose are somewhat odd)    Too bad you can't read the overhead hiway sign...."  NO Fuel available in Muddy Gap"    Thats the extent of the local /regional problems !!!!

Actually we can read that. 

We booked a Baltic cruise for july 2021 while on board in Dec 2019 with Premium Economy flights.  We just noticed a price drop and took advantage of it to upgrade two cabin levels for the same price.  PE flight is still on the updated invoice.  It may be the are not offering on new bookings?

37 minutes ago, GICNJC said:

We booked a Baltic cruise for july 2021 while on board in Dec 2019 with Premium Economy flights.  We just noticed a price drop and took advantage of it to upgrade two cabin levels for the same price.  PE flight is still on the updated invoice.  It may be the are not offering on new bookings?

Which cruise?  We are departing on Sirena from Copenhagen in July and staying onboard for the cruise up the Norway Coast to the Artic.

2 hours ago, GICNJC said:

They do not usually offer the PE sale on all cruises  & as always with some offers can be withdrawn at anytime

You are locked in so should be fine  as long as  the cruise goes ahead in July

• 2 months later...

We have an April 2021 cruise booked on Marina.  We usually don’t use O’s air, but wanted to consider O’s Premium Economy offer to/from Europe this time.  I have been watching the “Special Offers” tab that is specific to our cruise.  For months, the only “Special Offers” were Ultimate Sale and O Life.

Today I saw that Premium Economy Air has been included.  The added cost is $199.  

1.  Is it $199 each way...... or..... $199 round trip?

2.  If I want to select specific flights, can I combine Air Deviation and Premium Economy?  If yes, what would be the additional round trip cost per person?

TIA

I know very little about this subject as we have never used O's air in 25+ cruises.

Only caveat is that the flight better be a non stop from Seattle to Europe. Otherwise if you have a change of planes somewhere on East coast it will be economy all the way from Seattle to E coast and Premium economy over water only.

Big difference!

Also, not all airlines' premium economies are created equal.

• Like 1