What is the best thing you've ever won on RCI? Bingo? Slots? Lotto? Champagne?

14 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Not necessarily a "win", but it is always fun to get swag:

I'd guess there are only a few hundred of these floating around. I gave our extra to a good friend who couldn't make it 

20200802_113433.thumb.jpg.9f5387cbf5bebc79d1755baa1b0264f0.jpg

My favorite prize was a Lunch Bag I won at name that tune a long time ago. It held up well

18 hours ago, yogimax said:

Congratulations!  As a former runner, I'm a bit curious... how many entered and what was your winning time (if you remember)?

I can't remember for sure how many were entered; I know they told us afterwards when they did the prize-giving and I want to say it was just over 200 but I can't be sure I'm remembering correctly.

Time-wise, again they announced the times at the prize-giving but we did not receive an official results list, so I can't be 100% sure. I am pretty sure I did 19 minutes something because that's what I was aiming for and I definitely remember that sense of satisfaction you get when you achieve a specific goal. I wasn't really expecting to win as I was still building my fitness back up again after a nasty calf tear a few months prior.

They gave away two cruises, one for the men's overall winner and one for the women's, as well as a bunch of medals for the different age groups.

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

My favorite prize was a Lunch Bag I won at name that tune a long time ago. It held up well

Is it like this one? Won it in the raffle at the party for people celebrating wedding anniversaries away back in 2007. It's clearly the worse for wear after all this time but still useable. In fact we had it with us at the beach today.

20200802_182737.thumb.jpg.def407d172909d2ce5cf403a17f64cd2.jpg

8 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Is it like this one? Won it in the raffle at the party for people celebrating wedding anniversaries away back in 2007. It's clearly the worse for wear after all this time but still useable. In fact we had it with us at the beach today.

20200802_182737.thumb.jpg.def407d172909d2ce5cf403a17f64cd2.jpg

That's it. Loved the seperate area at the top 

No idea whatever happened to it

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

That's it. Loved the seperate area at the top 

I actually bought a new one to replace this one a couple of months ago but went back to it precisely because of that separate bit at the top. I had butter cookies in there today. :classic_laugh:

My wife likes to go to the Sail-Away drawings in the spa areas. Me, not so much. But when we were on Oasis for the first time, I went with her because she didn't think she could find it first day.

So, I begrudgingly went. They eventually announced that the next prize would be a two-day all-inclusive inaugural cruise on the new Harmony of the Seas and then called our stateroom number. Very exciting.

The cruise was fantastic. We were able to see all five shows during the two days. Even the room gratuities were included (we tipped extra). No SeaPass cards needed at the bars. Just order. Free sets of photos. Johnny Rocket's and the Mexican bar/restaurant across from it were free. Specialty restaurants had afternoon tastings but not free dinners. Simeon was on as the inaugural head of comedy club; he's worth the price of admission. 

We each received a fairly high quality luggage bag (great for hauling two twelve packs of soda) and even better than my RCI pen collection. Not quite better than a Tanya Tongue Progressive Trivia award!

IMG_0868.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

image1.jpg

Edited by John Reid
name spelling

4 Day and 3 day back to back - Barcelona to Ibiza

Welcome raffle draw on Navigator promenade 

Chops meal for 2

Giovanni's meal for 2

Spa treatment

Cap/pen/goodie bag

Cruise video

Caricature drawing

We won all the prizes because no-one else entered (or disappeared for lunch)

Then we won all the prizes except one of the meals the following week

Sadly, we never saw this draw again on the Nav or any other ship

43 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I can't remember for sure how many were entered; I know they told us afterwards when they did the prize-giving and I want to say it was just over 200 but I can't be sure I'm remembering correctly.

Time-wise, again they announced the times at the prize-giving but we did not receive an official results list, so I can't be 100% sure. I am pretty sure I did 19 minutes something because that's what I was aiming for and I definitely remember that sense of satisfaction you get when you achieve a specific goal. I wasn't really expecting to win as I was still building my fitness back up again after a nasty calf tear a few months prior.

They gave away two cruises, one for the men's overall winner and one for the women's, as well as a bunch of medals for the different age groups.

Well done.  I ran everything from 5ks to marathons, but the 5ks were my favorite.  It was basically, don't think - just run and enjoy it.  To come in first in a field that size was a real accomplishment.  Then to learn that you won a cruise... that is special!

I won a pair of diamond earrings in a drawing at the jewelry store on Rhapsody. I was the first to drop my name in and when I came back for the drawing two hours later, several people were frantically stuffing the box. The staff member was watching but not stopping them, and as soon as I saw her intentionally reach all the way to the bottom to bypass the multiple entries, I knew she was going to pick me.

Our son won a RC beach towel playing Bingo in the kids club, lol. 

Not Royal, but hubby and I won $750 playing bingo on our honeymoon cruise in 2003. Not only was it a lot of money for a couple of broke 20-somethings, bingo was a heck of a lot cheaper to play back then!

Our group won progressive on our Australian/NZ which came with a basket of stuff including water bottles and a plaque.

I actually won a Tshirt on Spin to win which I felt was like winning the lottery given the odds of win I g anything of those free spin to wins.

On 8/1/2020 at 5:20 PM, ssb said:

14 days First leg on b2b in the Grand Suite won at first morning bingo on Vision Quebec City to New York then on to Southern Caribbean and Galveston . 

Did you win the grand suite?   I’ve heard that they give the Royal suite away as a bingo prize. I’ve never heard them go as low as a grand suite.  But then again, I don’t play bingo.   Would be a pity for someone who booked an Owner’s Suite or better  win a grand suite. 
m

Edited by cruisegirl1

I won the grand prize at the Spa raffle giveaway a few years ago.  It was $250 worth of spa services, that can be used towards a specific list of services. Of course, it doesn’t cover the gratuity so you do have to pay a bit if you want to use it.   

Had a terrific massage and facial. 

Our group tied at trivia once, and we got highlighters. 

m

1 hour ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Did you win the grand suite?   I’ve heard that they give the Royal suite away as a bingo prize. I’ve never heard them go as low as a grand suite.  But then again, I don’t play bingo.   Would be a pity for someone who booked an Owner’s Suite or better  win a grand suite. 
m

Yes the bingo game was circumstantially held the first morning , for the cruiser who had booked the suite unexpectedly Sadly passed away just prior to arriving at the ship . The big lounge on deck four was packed . I had to force my wife to play that morning . We probably had the last seat in the house . Sign up time took about an hour and half , there were so many people . Obviously we were very lucky and fortunate to have the cabin for the first leg of a b2b 28 day cruise . The hard part was the second leg of b2b , the cabin was booked  , and we had to go back to our smaller cabin . The first leg was a wonderful Fall Foliage Quebec City to New Jersey , and second leg was New Jersey to Southern Caribbean back up Western Caribbean  to Galveston . 

Edited by ssb