Jump to content

Jan 2023 Caribbean release dates


rachiem
 Share

Recommended Posts

Have we heard when the dates will be released for the Caribbean 2023?

We have the Galapagos booked for April 2021 and all the fun is being sucked out of it. It's a lot of money to pay out in all the uncertainty, so we are thinking of a lift and shift, whilst there is availability in April 2022 (we secured this cruise of a BOGOF deal and got an excellent price)

Unfortunately we also have a Caribbean cruise booked for Jan 2022, so we would need to lift and shift that one too to the following year or loose our deposit. We also got this one for an excellent price during the captain club's promotion (price has now increased by £2000)

So we need to wait for the 2023 dates to be released before we can look at the two lift and shifts.

TIA

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Since we don't know how long L&S will be available and you know you want to move Galapagos to 2022, why not do it now and figure out your 2022 cruise when 2023 itineraries  come out.

I could do but there's a £300 cancellation fee or they may not offer a lift and shift on it or have similar itineraries. We couldn't justify doing both within 3 months apart.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Since I've enjoyed my cruise to Galapagos very much -- a once in a lifetime experience -- may I suggest you give the Galapagos cruise priority. You never know when authorities there will decide to stop cruising, whereas the Caribbeans are always there.

JMHO

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope you are doing well. It seems like most of our cruises are going to be cancelled one by one. Only six more to see if they cancel. Celebrity in February to Thailand and Vietnam I will cancel. Hoping Australia to Hawaii and around islands and then up to Vancouver makes. Was bummed we couldn't make the TA seeing Greenland. Stay safe friend.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Such a shame for everyone and devastating for the travel industry.

It was reported that 260 Chinese fishing vessels were caught poaching in the Galapagos (due to the smaller number of vessels not moving around the areas frightening them off)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, rachiem said:

I could do but there's a £300 cancellation fee or they may not offer a lift and shift on it or have similar itineraries. We couldn't justify doing both within 3 months apart.

 

Your Jan cruise should be covered by Cruise with Confidence cancellation protection so if you decided to cancel in the future your non refundable deposit should be returned as FCC.   Having been to Galapagos I'm with others here that you should prioritize that sailing and get what you want there.   Then you can wait to see what happens wrt L&S and the Jan cruise knowing you can always cancel it and use that deposit FCC toward the Galapagos final payment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

 

Your Jan cruise should be covered by Cruise with Confidence cancellation protection so if you decided to cancel in the future your non refundable deposit should be returned as FCC.   Having been to Galapagos I'm with others here that you should prioritize that sailing and get what you want there.   Then you can wait to see what happens wrt L&S and the Jan cruise knowing you can always cancel it and use that deposit FCC toward the Galapagos final payment.

Thank you I’m thinking the same. 
Someone mentioned that they can change the cruise with confidence policy at any time but when I booked the Caribbean one for Jan a few months ago, I assumed that I could take advantage of this at anytime? 
So do you think lift and shift Galapagos just for now, leave the Caribbean booking as is at the moment and see if the L&S is still available when the new itinerary comes out for the Caribbean one and worse case scenario, cancel it and move the deposit over to the Galapagos sailing?

hope this makes sense? But appreciate all your advice

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes that's my thinking exactly.   Even if there is no lift and shift when the new itineraries come out you should still have a choice of 1) moving the deposit to another cruise at the prevailing price/promo or 2) Get the deposit as FCC and apply to Galapagos.  In either case there should be no penalty.  Hopefully one of our UK posters can confirm CwC works this way with the UK deposits.  I'm pretty sure it does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you...not very clear on the UK website as it seems to suggest that you have to pay in full before you can cancel and transfer.

Really didn't think this would be an issue a few months ago but I can't see things improving soon and if they do I don't want to be worrying about quarantine etc.

We have decided to L&S the Galapagos to May 2022, so if I can't do anything with the Jan Caribbean sailing, we may keep both. Hubby plans to retire in April 2022, so maybe this could work out for the best?

Edited by rachiem
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...