Sky Suite-Reflection

goinsoon

We are brand new to Celebrity.  We normally sail Princess just to give some background.  Booked the Baltic for 8/21 on the Reflection and hoping!

I have tried to research/youtube/etc. and am wondering what all the perks of a suite on Celebrity is like.  I know the basics as the 4 perks, dedicated dining room but thought I would ask the experts here on Cruise Critic.  What do I need to know?????  My wife just wants a bath tub so she is happy!!!!   It seems there are always things you don't know about and thus miss.  Thanks to all in advance!

12 minutes ago, goinsoon said:

We are brand new to Celebrity.  We normally sail Princess just to give some background.  Booked the Baltic for 8/21 on the Reflection and hoping!

I have tried to research/youtube/etc. and am wondering what all the perks of a suite on Celebrity is like.  I know the basics as the 4 perks, dedicated dining room but thought I would ask the experts here on Cruise Critic.  What do I need to know?????  My wife just wants a bath tub so she is happy!!!!   It seems there are always things you don't know about and thus miss.  Thanks to all in advance!

We like a table for two by the window in the Refection's Luminae and never had an issue when arriving when it first opened up. However, if you wait until around 6 pm to eat, those tables will probably be gone.

Also, get to know your butler. We never had one before booking our first SS and it took a few days before we took him up on his continued efforts to do stuff for us. But, most importantly, if you ever encounter an issue on your cruise where you think you need to go talk with Customer Service, make sure you contact your butler with the issue first! They really don't like it when you bypass them, especially when they can usually get a better resolution for you than CS.

• Like 3

I love suites on celebrity with or without the perks, suite dinning room is excellent service and food, better than many specialty restaurants. Suite lounge is great open all day and night nice place for drinks with great service drinks are free with or without drink package sometimes there is live music there , also concierge is there and he can help with anything. At end of the cruise you can meet at the suite lounge and concierge will walk you off the ship so you bypass the lines. You also get a butler who can help with things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What suites are you looking at on Reflection.  There are S-1 and S-2, and all depend on location on the ship, under the pool or Oceanview Cafe, or centrally located by the aft elevators.  The S1's on the hump used to be Aqua Spa Suites, so they have both the tub and shower panel of the Aqua Class staterooms.  Most of the S-2's are under the O/V Cafe, so you mighty hear noise from above during morning and evening meal times.  🍷

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can’t reinforce enough all the comments about using the services of your butler. He/she is a very valuable resource. Here is on example- We were in a Celebrity Suite a couple of years ago. The second night (10 night cruise) we experienced a very annoying vibration in the bedroom ceiling. We reported it to our butler the next morning. He walked into the bedroom and immediately heard it. He got on his phone and had someone from engineering up there very quickly. To make a long story short, no one could determine the source of the noise. This went on for two days-engineers, electricians, plumbers. We returned to the cabin after lunch on the third day of the annoying noise. Our butler is in the cabin on his phone. When he completed the call he told us that someone from IT was on his way. The issue turned out to be a malfunctioning box under the bedroom TV which was echoing in the ceiling. How did this get resolved? Our butler sat in the bedroom while we were out and  realized that the noise was originating in the wall below the TV.  

Butlers can solve many issues and if they can’t, they escalate it to the Michael’s’ Club/Retreat Concierge or the Suite Manager. 

Butlers can get your reservations in specialty dining when it seems to have no availability. They can expedite laundry, dry cleaning, pressing. Any issues, just talk to your butler.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, goinsoon said:

Thanks for all the information.  We are booked in 2193.  It shows an obstruction but I could not determine what so hoping it is a decent choice. 

You are right under the O/V cafe.  I would choose 2177/2179 or 2174/2176 which is under the carpeted section of the O/V cafe.  In 2193 you are likely to hear carts above you on the tiled floors, especially if you are a light sleeper.  🍷

As you browse you will read about the Revolution upgrades being made on ships. This refit includes a suite deck and a lounge upgrade. Unfortunately Reflection has not had hers and with the present situation is unlikely to before you cruise. 

Unsure about your itinerary but Silhoutte which has had the upgrades also does a Baltic Cruise from Southampton, I think yours may be from Amsterdam...Reflection has more rooms than Silhouette and more suites. We found the deck on Reflection busy on sea days so the suite deck is a bonus...

Just a thought...

Edited by chemmo

The reflection is one of our favorite celebrity ships.  You will be in for a treat.  So much better then Princess.  The restaurants are better, the suite facilities also.  We love the speciality restaurants, especially the Lawn club grill.  Much more room to sit by the pools.  We love the adult pool area-  

You are in for a treat!  The sky suites are also very comfortable with nice storage and a nice bathroom.  Enjoy

• Like 1

Again, thank you all!  We are traveling with friends so date and ship are fixed.  As was said by wkr2cruise, inventory is very limited.  I will keep a watch and see if any of the recommended cabins become available.  

One more question (really, not true I will think of many more).  It states specialty coffee in cabin.  Does this mean a coffee maker or...????  Love me some early morning coffee on the balcony without having to leave the room or order room service.

9 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

The reflection is one of our favorite celebrity ships.  You will be in for a treat.  So much better then Princess.  The restaurants are better, the suite facilities also.  We love the speciality restaurants, especially the Lawn club grill.

We cruised for the first time on Celebrity in a Sky Suite on the Silhouette in February 2020 after 500+ days on Princess.  We found the service in the MDR excellent; however, food quality did not compare well with Princess.  The Lawn Club Grill was a lot of fun.

We have five future cruises planned on Celebrity and are looking forward to better dining experiences.

7 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

No coffee maker.  I'm not a coffee drinker but I believe the butler brings it.

Our butler had a standing order for cappuccino with breakfast.

19 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

We cruised for the first time on Celebrity in a Sky Suite on the Silhouette in February 2020 after 500+ days on Princess.  We found the service in the MDR excellent; however, food quality did not compare well with Princess.  The Lawn Club Grill was a lot of fun.

Just curious, why didn't you eat in the Luminae rather than the MDR, unless you're referring to those times at lunch on port days when the Luminae was closed? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Just curious, why didn't you eat in the Luminae rather than the MDR, unless you're referring to those times at lunch on port days when the Luminae was closed? 

Good question...

• We ate in Luminae on embarkation day and were quite overwhelmed by all the attention showered on us by everyone from waitstaff, sommelier, head waiter, chef, etc.  We really were not left to ourselves to simply enjoy lunch.  We just didn't want to have to deal with that again.

• We were a group of nine who really enjoyed dining together at dinner time.  We were the only ones in our group who were sailing in a suite.

7 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

Good question...

• We ate in Luminae on embarkation day and were quite overwhelmed by all the attention showered on us by everyone from waitstaff, sommelier, head waiter, chef, etc.  We really were not left to ourselves to simply enjoy lunch.  We just didn't want to have to deal with that again.

• We were a group of nine who really enjoyed dining together at dinner time.  We were the only ones in our group who were sailing in a suite.

That makes sense now. But if just the two of you ever go by yourselves, don't worry, it probably won't be as hectic as you experienced after the first day, especially if you sit in the same area and get the same wait staff who will acclimatize to your specific wants/needs. I would imagine that first lunch they're just trying to wow you!! 

But, I will say this, if either your spouse or yourself like chocolate desserts, you'll definitely be in for a treat!!

At least I told the truth.....more questions.  Our friends are not in a suite.  We will eat at many of the specialty resturants togehter but how do we arrange to eat in the MDR with them?   Ask the butler to arrange?  And thank you for the table for two recommendation.  We will dine just together on several evenings.  Thanks again all!

2 hours ago, goinsoon said:

We will eat at many of the specialty resturants togehter but how do we arrange to eat in the MDR with them?

With our group of nine on the Silhouette one person went to the podium in the MDR on embarkation afternoon with a list of names and cabin numbers.  She requested a time and was accommodated.  

We always notified waitstaff and the podium staff when we had alternate dining arrangements for the following evening.

Re coffee on the balcony. 

Either pre arrange a daily delivery from your butler at a set time or simply phone him as you are ready (usually about a 10/15 minute wait). We usually order our speciality coffee plus a flask of standard coffee to top up with. We often request pastries too rather than having a full in suite  breakfast. Sometimes we will simply pop up to cafe el bachio and get our own coffee to go...

Room service breakfast can be ordered on your TV and will be delivered by your butler. 

Luminae breakfast is very nice, we usually enjoy one or two per cruise. However, if we are going on a tour we often don’t want to go to breakfast first and we do find Luminae breakfast stops too early for us on sea days!

6 hours ago, goinsoon said:

Our friends are not in a suite.  We will eat at many of the specialty resturants togehter but how do we arrange to eat in the MDR with them?   Ask the butler to arrange?  And thank you for the table for two recommendation.  We will dine just together on several evenings.  Thanks again all!

Murano’s and the Lawn Grill in particular can be busy at peak times. If you are looking at visiting the speciality restaurants look at prebooking a dining package on line. You simply choose a time on line then arrange (either through your butler or at one of the restaurants) once on board. Alternatively visit one of the stands or restaurants as you board and see if they can offer you any discounts. When we were on Reflection there were no discounts in Murano’s full cruise but plenty for Tuscan, a bit hit and miss. If you look for discounts on board day/time may be more restricted.

Re visiting the MDR. Select dining can be busy on Reflection at peak times 7.30/8.30. The MDR M’D, your butler or the M’D of Luminae will arrange it for you. They may suggest you dine outside the busy period, this is so that hopefully you don’t have to wait and also to limit the wait time for those who have the MDR as their scheduled dining area. You can also pay for your friends to join you for breakfast, lunch or dinner in

Luminae.

Hope you have a great cruise!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, George C said:

My only complaint on Luminae is its hours are a bit early for breakfast, I wish they extended them a little . 

Agree...Don’t mind on port days but on sea days a late, long, relaxing and luxurious breakfast can be nice. 

When Luminae was first introduced it offered a ‘brunch’ on sea days (I think 11am until 1pm?). Many weren’t happy with this as the promise had been breakfast, lunch and dinner daily but that didn’t happen either, only on sea days. Perhaps they should offer this again (once per cruise?) and see what the reception is like...

OP, we loved lunch in The Porch on sea days. Yes, it is a pay for option, but well worth it. You avoid the busy buffet and it does have a nice relaxing atmosphere. Seafood Tower with Sangria would be my recommendation!

• Like 1

We were on infinity last few cruises so Porch was not there . We liked sushi on five on days Luminae was closed for lunch which was included on our last cruise since we did our first royal suite. Looking forward to Our first Edge cruise in April.

1 hour ago, chemmo said:

Agree...Don’t mind on port days but on sea days a late, long, relaxing and luxurious breakfast can be nice. 

When Luminae was first introduced it offered a ‘brunch’ on sea days (I think 11am until 1pm?). Many weren’t happy with this as the promise had been breakfast, lunch and dinner daily but that didn’t happen either, only on sea days. Perhaps they should offer this again (once per cruise?) and see what the reception is like...

OP, we loved lunch in The Porch on sea days. Yes, it is a pay for option, but well worth it. You avoid the busy buffet and it does have a nice relaxing atmosphere. Seafood Tower with Sangria would be my recommendation!

We don't know if any buffet style restaurants will be available- who knows if the dining venues will be the same.  I bet the cabanas on the ship will be all booked on sea days!

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

We don't know if any buffet style restaurants will be available- who knows if the dining venues will be the same.  I bet the cabanas on the ship will be all booked on sea days!

True about the buffet...We usually cruise in a RS so have the option of the speciality restaurants and Luminae but still enjoy an odd buffet trip. There is something very indulgent about wondering around and trying ‘a bit of this and a bit of that’! 

The speciality restaurants I can see remaining fairly unchanged with an odd table missing! The MDR may need to go back to all timed seating (3 sittings?)...Luminae I think could cope fine with tables spread a little further apart and perhaps introducing booked seating rather than have peak times...Lots for all cruise companies to think and plan for.

Never took to the cabanas,  much prefer my balcony. We do enjoy our own space at sea, hence usually booking a RS...I think as many return to cruising after being ‘cruise  starved’ that suites may be a choice for more personal space.