Jump to content

Cancelled Cruise Finally Updated


Recommended Posts

FYI Like many people, our Sept 2020 cancelled cruise continued to show as Active. Finally it has gone from Princess site. Future Cruise Deposit in Profile shows original FCD applied against the cancelled cruise, and Cash value $100 FCC plus $100 Goodwill. Also Cruise history does not show the cancelled cruise. Everything is as expected, Princess finally made an update.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, voljeep said:

when was your cruise cancelled ?

 

we just had ours cancelled in Phase 4 , on 7/22

Not sure of date but it was Phase 3, perhaps May.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just now checked and our September 2020 cruise has finally

also been removed. It was cancelled by Princess on May 7th.

Maybe we will receive our refundable deposit of $200.00 soon?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I sent email to our TA yesterday (Sunday) asking her to cancel our B2B2B in November/December. I also asked her to be sure they restored my FCD rather than doubling the amount as FCC. She actually responded on the same day (Sunday) and said she would take care of it today (Monday). I just got email from her saying it was done.

 

I immediately checked the Princess site and was amazed to see it was all taken care of right away. The three cruises are missing from my personalizer and the three FCD have been restored to our accounts. (I checked my wife's account to be sure.) I am both surprised and pleased. (Of course I'm also incredibly bummed about the cruises but that can't be helped.)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thrak, perhaps Princess has updated their system to make these cancellations easier to record. Perhaps also there is a difference between a single 'customer' cancellation and a full cruise cancellation by Princess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thrak, perhaps Princess has updated their system to make these cancellations easier to record. Perhaps also there is a difference between a single 'customer' cancellation and a full cruise cancellation by Princess.

 

They were probably happy to have such a simple thing to deal with compared to some of the crazy complex situations connected to the cruises they have cancelled. Still, I am surprised it was done so quickly and easily. I fully expected to have a waiting period for "processing" or whatever. Since it really cost them nothing to cancel the cruises and restore the FCD to our accounts it was a very simple process. I'm sure I "could" have paid them thousands toward the cruises - being sure not to pay them off completely - and then waited until Princess cancelled the cruises and doubled my money as FCC. I didn't want to go that route and am content to simply have my FCD restored. Two of them apiece will expire in November but that's fine. I'll just take the refunded money rather than extend them. We will still have 2 each that are being used as deposit on 2021 cruises and even after the other 2 expire we will have 2 each in reserve. Who knows if we will actually be cruising.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My Dec 2020 cruise CD was canceled by Princess 2 weeks ago. It is still showing in my personalizer even though we rebooked for Oct 2021 That October cruise is showing but the Fccs have not transferred yet

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

. I'm sure I "could" have paid them thousands toward the cruises - being sure not to pay them off completely - and then waited until Princess cancelled the cruises and doubled my money as FCC.

with the amount you paid them being fully refundable, as it is in our case ...

 

bankruptcy by Princess or Carnival Corporation before we cruise is a concern, of course, and a risk we are willing to accept

for the "small" amount we have at risk ... which is not "thousands" ... and we do not have any monies tied up in potentially worthless gift cards, either

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, voljeep said:

and we do not have any monies tied up in potentially worthless gift cards, either

 

Wish I could say the same.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Our October cruise that was cancelled in May by Princess finally disappeared from the personalizer late last week.  Earlier in the week, the $100 cash and $100 goodwill FCC appeared.  And the FCD we used still shows as applied to the cancelled cruise.  Not sure if this will just drop off or how they will deal with it since I already have the cash value as a FCC.  But I will wait to see what they do, I don't think it's worth potentially waiting on hold for an extended time to find out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

Our October cruise that was cancelled in May by Princess finally disappeared from the personalizer late last week.  Earlier in the week, the $100 cash and $100 goodwill FCC appeared.  And the FCD we used still shows as applied to the cancelled cruise.  Not sure if this will just drop off or how they will deal with it since I already have the cash value as a FCC.  But I will wait to see what they do, I don't think it's worth potentially waiting on hold for an extended time to find out.

I guess the FCD has been 'applied' against the cancelled cruise, since it was converted to FCC. I expect it will stay this way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, azbirdmom said:

Our October cruise that was cancelled in May by Princess finally disappeared from the personalizer late last week.  Earlier in the week, the $100 cash and $100 goodwill FCC appeared.  And the FCD we used still shows as applied to the cancelled cruise.  Not sure if this will just drop off or how they will deal with it since I already have the cash value as a FCC.  But I will wait to see what they do, I don't think it's worth potentially waiting on hold for an extended time to find out.

Ours just disappeared as well,  but we have received nothing, no credit,  no refund for FCD.   Frustrating that it takes so long. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thrak said:

I sent email to our TA yesterday (Sunday) asking her to cancel our B2B2B in November/December. I also asked her to be sure they restored my FCD rather than doubling the amount as FCC. She actually responded on the same day (Sunday) and said she would take care of it today (Monday). I just got email from her saying it was done.

 

I immediately checked the Princess site and was amazed to see it was all taken care of right away. The three cruises are missing from my personalizer and the three FCD have been restored to our accounts. (I checked my wife's account to be sure.) I am both surprised and pleased. (Of course I'm also incredibly bummed about the cruises but that can't be helped.)

 

Sorry to hear this ... I know you've been looking forward to this extended sailing.  I was told by my PVP that if you cancel, they are quick to restore your FCDs or provide cash refunds.  It is when Princess cancels, that's when it gets caught up in the vortex.  

Princess was all up to date on my refunds from my 4 canceled cruise but now, there's one more as of 7/22 ...

I'm sure there is another one on the chopping block ... hopefully, just one and then life can start to get back to normal.  Fingers crossed!  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really disgusting of Princess that the recent cruise cancellations are already credited and I'm waiting FOUR MONTHS for a FCC of $12,400.  I will obviously use that FCC vs loose it but then I'm kissing Princess good bye. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got a big glossy corporate  email yesterday from Princess advising me that my Sept 19 Scandinavia cruise that they cancelled in May but had been showing in my personalizer was being credited.  I only had a $100 deposit and they doubled it as FCC

Interestingly I put down $100 CDN and received it back as $100 US with a low exchange rate of $130.

 

so my $100 CDN became a FCC of $260.

( same for my husband) 

 

the cruise no no longer shows as booked in my account.  Funny enough it still shows as available to book online though! 

 

——————————-

 

Dear Tanya,
Member number: xxxxxxxxxxx 

The Future Cruise Credit you received is now available to use whenever you feel ready. To access it, just log into your My Princess account. Your Future Cruise Credit can be used on a voyage through May 2022.

When it comes time to plan a vacation, Princess® will be here to connect you with those you love and the destinations you long to visit.

Edited by tanyaewa
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2020 at 3:27 PM, Cruise Raider said:

 

Sorry to hear this ... I know you've been looking forward to this extended sailing.  I was told by my PVP that if you cancel, they are quick to restore your FCDs or provide cash refunds.  It is when Princess cancels, that's when it gets caught up in the vortex.  

Princess was all up to date on my refunds from my 4 canceled cruise but now, there's one more as of 7/22 ...

I'm sure there is another one on the chopping block ... hopefully, just one and then life can start to get back to normal.  Fingers crossed!  

 

not exactly my experience.  I am still waiting after for part FCC for Princess canceled 3/22/20 cruise (5 months) & 09/4/20 cruise i canceled (2 months) although I've gotten my FCC & FCD on the latter one. I've got so much FCC from other 2 cancelations that I requested refund (to gift cards / visa) as the FCC must be used up by 05/01/22

Edited by Ombud
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ombud said:

not exactly my experience.  I am still waiting after for part FCC for Princess canceled 3/22/20 cruise (5 months) & 09/4/20 cruise i canceled (2 months) although I've gotten my FCC & FCD on the latter one. I've got so much FCC from other 2 cancelations that I requested refund (to gift cards / visa) as the FCC must be used up by 05/01/22

 

If I am interpreting this correctly, I think you are in agreement with what my PVP told me.  If Princess cancels it, it takes forever to get your reimbursement back. 

Now, I haven't canceled any of my cruises, Princess has canceled all of them so I can't really compare.   I was concerned about a December cruise as I kind of thought it would be canceled but, they beat me to it.  We'll see.  My PVP said it would be refunded immediately if I had canceled it.  I guess I will never know.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...