Jump to content

Europe 2021.... all canceled?


Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, coevan said:

The river cruises in ‘Europe are sailing

 

As far as I know Carnival doesn't offer river cruises.

I was referring to the Legend sailings in Europe for 2021 as the Magic Euope 2021 sailings have already been canceled. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just logged in and check and my Baltic Sea cruise on the Legend in July 2021  and the booking  is still showing on my profile(at least they are still willing to take my money). I'm wondering if they pulled some of them to give people who where booked on the magic priority to rebook.  I know when the first of the two Baltic Sea cruises became available they had so much demand it nearly sold out with in a week. That is why they added a second. From what I understand they haven't done a Baltic Sea cruise in a couple of decades.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My Legend Sept 2021 out of Rome is still showing in my Cruise Manager.

 

Now try and make a new booking for that cruise and go all the way to where you need to insert guest names. Error message. I tell you, not 1 sailing available to book.

Carnival is giving the same explanation. All cruises are sold out. 

Yeah right. They suddenly all sold out in 1 day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

My Legend Sept 2021 out of Rome is still showing in my Cruise Manager.

 

My Legend cruise is still showing, however, it doesn't mean it hasn't been cancelled. Or that it has.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Europe is not accepting Americans at the moment unless you are a critical worker, or endure a 14 day lock down on arrival. 

 

They may be looking at the pax density compared to what European rules will accept. It can be different for each country too.

 

It is difficult to guess what any one authority will demand to allow business to continue.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

 

Now try and make a new booking for that cruise and go all the way to where you need to insert guest names. Error message. I tell you, not 1 sailing available to book.

Carnival is giving the same explanation. All cruises are sold out. 

Yeah right. They suddenly all sold out in 1 day.

I tried a mock booking, got to how many guests, clicked on 2, this popped up:

No rates available for the number of travelers and specials you selected... 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Both my Europe sailings are showing. I was just looking at excursions and they are still showing and allow you to book.

 

My guess is a website issue. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just because the sailing is still showing up in your Cruise Manager doesn't mean much. My San Juan cruise is still showing up, and that's been cancelled for awhile. I've even applied the FCC from it already on another booking.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Runaway Parent said:

Just because the sailing is still showing up in your Cruise Manager doesn't mean much. My San Juan cruise is still showing up, and that's been cancelled for awhile. I've even applied the FCC from it already on another booking.

The Europe sailings for 2021 are still on, without a doubt

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Moviela said:

Europe is not accepting Americans at the moment unless you are a critical worker, or endure a 14 day lock down on arrival. 

 

They may be looking at the pax density compared to what European rules will accept. It can be different for each country too.

 

It is difficult to guess what any one authority will demand to allow business to continue.

That is the situation now.  Europe wants Americans 100% as soon as they feel that doing so will not jeopardize their country.  They need our tourism money....period. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

No European sailings are available to be booked.  The Legend is available before and after the scheduled European sailings.   Scary.  I already have my outbound air to London.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I won't be booking air yet, but I don't see why they would be canceling a cruise a year out unless they were selling the ship and I don't think they are doing that. Or unless they simply decided not to do Europe sailings at all.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

 

Now try and make a new booking for that cruise and go all the way to where you need to insert guest names. Error message. I tell you, not 1 sailing available to book.

Carnival is giving the same explanation. All cruises are sold out. 

Yeah right. They suddenly all sold out in 1 day.

I agree this is the same thing that happened to my b2b.  Just because a cruise is in your manager doesn't mean it hasn't been cancelled.   I have 3 cruises still showing in my manager.  One on the Radiance that was cancelled back in March and 2 Fascination cruises that were recently cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

The Europe sailings for 2021 are still on, without a doubt

What makes you think that?

 

Carnival stopped doing Med cruises a few years ago due to lack of demand.  The story back then was that they already have HAL Princess Costa etc. in Europe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Can't book for any cruise in Europe voor 2021. Our existing ones are also not showing.

Kind of early to cancel the entire European season, don't you think???

Thank you for posting.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Historically Carnival usually loses money cruising in Europe. With C19, pretty much guaranteed. There is too much uncertainty and US cruisers are notoriously fickle. They will cancel if the wind blows the wrong way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, maryann2 said:

What makes you think that?

 

Carnival stopped doing Med cruises a few years ago due to lack of demand.  The story back then was that they already have HAL Princess Costa etc. in Europe.

Carnival started doing Med cruises two years ago. They had them last year and scheduled for this year.  They also have them for 2021, John Heald talked about them recently.  The Legend is open for booking for a full season for 2021. The Carnival client is different than what Carnival cruisers on other lines (Princess, Hal and Costa).  We just booked someone on a legend Med  cruise over the weekend, trust me they are open.

Edited by jimbo5544
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

Historically Carnival usually loses money cruising in Europe. With C19, pretty much guaranteed. There is too much uncertainty and US cruisers are notoriously fickle. They will cancel if the wind blows the wrong way.

While they do not do as well as the Caribbean, they def made money the last 4 years, from the horses mouth.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...