Europe 2021.... all canceled?

4 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

Pure speculation, but Radiance sailings are now unavailable for booking between May 2 - Dec 10th 2021 and are all longer cruises. 

Might be a possibility that Carnival is sending Radiance to Europe!

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Radiance already in Europe awaiting refurbishment?

That would make sense changing to the Radiance.

4 minutes ago, maryann2 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the Radiance already in Europe awaiting refurbishment?

That would make sense changing to the Radiance.

Radiance is in Cadiz as is Fascination, and Fascination has nothing better to do. I don't currently see any sailings for Radiance in 2021, although it is supposed to be in Long Beach next spring.

3 hours ago, Cruisesfun65 said:

I'm with you on this. And how come the Capacity Rule only applies to certain ships???

Umm, in this case, the Legend is the only ship that is sailing in Europe. She is also the only ship (left anyways) that was going for a drydock before the sailings.  Sometimes, what actually things appear to be are reality, but that is just my crazy view.  

4 hours ago, fyree39 said:

They are being locked to not accept more bookings. Less bookings mean less refunds being processed if that happens. Are you under the assumption that no matter what your cruise is going? Many here seem to be under that impression.

Well, that makes sense except it cuts against the grain of Carnival accepting bookings for that very reason.  I guess rumors need no logic.😉

I find the capacity thing a bit weird. My June sailing is pretty booked. Could barely still find a room.  But, the September/October sailings had lots of rooms, even some of the "better" rooms like bowling alley balconies.  I think we are looking at cancellation at this point.  I have also tried to use Fly2Fun and it's not available yet but flights are out on all the US and European carriers.

3 hours ago, Cruising_Addict said:

The Europe sailings for 2021 are cancelled.  Period.  They just haven't made the official announcement yet.  When cruises like this are removed from the website, it means that they are cancelled.  They always remove them prior to announcing the cancellations.  So either they are going to make the announcement between the October and November cancellation announcements, or they are going to make it in conjunction with the November cancellations.  My guess is the latter, because it will mean that I'll get to find out that both my Thanksgiving 2020 and Norway June 2021 cruises are cancelled at the same time.  But mark my words, they are indeed cancelled.

LOL, well I will call john and tell him to tell Carnival.  Period.  Oh THAT does make it seem more official.  Wait PERIOD.  Try caps, that makes it more true. 😁

Edited by jimbo5544
2 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

LOL, well I will call john and tell him to tell Carnival.  Period.  Oh THAT does make it seem more official.  Wait PERIOD.  Try caps, that makes it more true. 😁

It's Period. Full Stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had 4 cruises canceled (only two due to Covid) and if Legend is cancelled that will be four more for me.

Wondering if we can apply multiple OBC to one cruise for future cruises...

I guess this girl will be getting the drink package 😂

No point in refund. I paid with a gift card.  

Edited by Eli_6
1 hour ago, BlerkOne said:

Radiance is in Cadiz as is Fascination, and Fascination has nothing better to do. I don't currently see any sailings for Radiance in 2021, although it is supposed to be in Long Beach next spring.

Doubt you will till they have a yard and schedule for the work.  

As Jimbo said - Carnival still has not found a shipyard to complete the work. As well Carnival has to come up with $200 million to complete the conversion. At this point it might make financial sense to send her to Turkey with her sisters.

11 minutes ago, RD64 said:

As Jimbo said - Carnival still has not found a shipyard to complete the work. As well Carnival has to come up with $200 million to complete the conversion. At this point it might make financial sense to send her to Turkey with her sisters.

Carnival has at least 4 older ships than Radiance.  Seems lime a big stretch to me.  

No need to renovate. At this point, they can put me in a dinghy, hand me a Funship, and cruise me around Europe.  I don't care if Club Ocean is located in an inflatable raft towed by a rope behind the dinghy.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

Doubt you will till they have a yard and schedule for the work.  

But with the last switcheroo Carnival announced Radiance was going to Long Beach to begin cruising April,  2021.

46 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Carnival HAS the money. And it will only take 6 weeks or so to do the work. Don't be silly.

14 minutes ago, BlerkOne said:

But with the last switcheroo Carnival announced Radiance was going to Long Beach to begin cruising April,  2021.

Understand, my point was they need to fi d a yard Nd schedule that fits.   

3 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Understand, my point was they need to fi d a yard Nd schedule that fits.   

They must have found one or they wouldn't have given a start date from Long Beach. Meanwhile Legend cruises from Tampa have mostly disappeared. Another switcheroo in progress and it buys Carnival more time should the shipyard be unable to deliver.

6 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

No need to renovate. At this point, they can put me in a dinghy, hand me a Funship, and cruise me around Europe.  I don't care if Club Ocean is located in an inflatable raft towed by a rope behind the dinghy.

... and this is why Carnival gets away with providing an experience that is barely acceptable.

1 hour ago, xDisconnections said:

... and this is why Carnival gets away with providing an experience that is barely acceptable.

Since when are quality and value barely acceptable?

I think people needs to remember, both John and Chris works for a corporation that needs to follow SEC disclosure rules and to follow company protocol of public relations. So as long as Carnival Corp do not confirm the cruises are cancelled, both John and Chris can not tell public that what the boardroom are discussing behind the doors. To them, they might believe the cruises may end up being cancelled, yet the PR would require them to not confirm nor deny but focus on facts that can be told. Did you not notice how Chris did not say what capacity they have on Legend across 2021 summer seasons yet? The ship could be 30% full but that dies not stop them telling public the ship is at capacity as such information is not known to public yet it can not be proved to be wrong. So take the word from John and Chris as reference but always remember what they said is only true to the time they said it. What would happen to Legend European itineraries is currently undecided. There are possibilities that cruise get cancelled or ship gets substituted. Something will happen it is not normal times.

I've been following two European cruises for May and June 2021 but did not want to book anything yet until I saw the ships actually sailing.  As of Aug 3 there was plenty of availability and the prices were actually coming down $10 each week.  When I logged in on Thursday they were all gone.  So disappointed.

18 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Laugh all you want but when Carnival makes the announcement, I will be coming back here to give you a big fat “I told you so.” Remember, the only reason I even commented was because you were emphatically stating that “The Europe sailings for 2021 are still on, without a doubt.” Maybe in the future don’t make false statements and people won’t have to call you out on them.