Jump to content

Europe 2021.... all canceled?


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

If you think that’s Diamond Dave, it’s not.

I did, my bad.  Memory is one of the first things to go

Edited by jimbo5544
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cruising_Addict said:


Laugh all you want but when Carnival makes the announcement, I will be coming back here to give you a big fat “I told you so.” Remember, the only reason I even commented was because you were emphatically stating that “The Europe sailings for 2021 are still on, without a doubt.” Maybe in the future don’t make false statements and people won’t have to call you out on them. 

The reason I quoted you on the post is because despite you claiming to know, you don’t.  They don’t.   You can post what ever you you want.  Has Europe been cancelled?   It’s a rhetorical question.  We both know the answer.  Oh wait.  Period.  Not a false statement in my first post and not one here.  The only one who said something that is not a fact is you.  If at some point they do cancel, or replace with a different ship., so be it, come back and say you told me so.  Also add a nana nana at the end😄.  Oh and a period.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

... and this is why Carnival gets away with providing an experience that is barely acceptable.

Oh, FFS! It was a joke! An absurd exaggeration. I was referring to the fact that because this would be my 5th-8th cancellation and my 3rd-6th cancellation specifically of a European cruise, I will take an old ship if it gets me to the ports I want to see.  Most of us are going for the history and sights anyway.  If it was about just a nice room and dining, I could stay closer to home and save thousands.  I am going for the Alhambra, and the Norwegian Fjords, etc. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eli_6 said:

Oh, FFS! It was a joke! An absurd exaggeration. I was referring to the fact that because this would be my 5th-8th cancellation and my 3rd-6th cancellation specifically of a European cruise, I will take an old ship if it gets me to the ports I want to see.  Most of us are going for the history and sights anyway.  If it was about just a nice room and dining, I could stay closer to home and save thousands.  I am going for the Alhambra, and the Norwegian Fjords, etc. 

 

For Fun’s Sake, right? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am holding my breath this time.  I have been pretty fatalistic and calm about cruising since we got off the Legend in February.  I was watching news stories about the virus in China while we in the Caribbean - without realizing how lucky we were to be on a cruise in 2020!

 

We were scheduled to be on the Radiance out of Europe in May.  Paid in full with gift cards (airfare too).  30th Anniversary cruise with our three grown children along.  When that was cancelled, I shifted the entire thing including the airfare to the Legend in September 2020.  That didn't last another month or so before it was cancelled, and then I chose the Legend in September 2021.  I thought that surely by 2021 we would be able to cruise again, right?  lol

 

I am really hoping the 2021 European cruises go forward.  Jimbo is correct that no one knows at this point.  We can only guess- how we talk or think about possible future cruising is probably based more upon our own personalities than anything else.  I would be fine if they slapped a bandage on the Victory and sent her back to sea to cruise around Europe instead of turning her into the Radiance.  I think she is already too torn down for that,I  however. Just a pipe dream.  I loved the Victory. 

 

I will just wait and see what happens.  It might make financial sense for Carnival to not invest in Europe in 2021 depending on how things go.  We just have to wait and see.  I get frustrated at not knowing, especially as my final payment date approaches for a November cruise I am certain will be cancelled.  But there is no point in being angry with Carnival.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, xDisconnections said:

... and this is why Carnival gets away with providing an experience that is barely acceptable.

My Carnival experience has been very acceptable.  You just have different expectations of cruising. 

 

My last Carnival cruise was a two week cruise across the Mediterranean. Funny. When we docked at the port of Rome, we met up with some people who sailed with Celebrity.  As we were talking,  I thought to myself how funny it was that they probably  (most likely) paid considerably more to sail just to end up at the same place. Carnival,  Celebrity,  Cunard...Rome was  still Rome. As was Barcelona,  Italy, Greece...

 

But then again, I cruise for the ports.  I care little about the "on board" experience. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

My Carnival experience has been very acceptable.  You just have different expectations of cruising. 

 

My last Carnival cruise was a two week cruise across the Mediterranean. Funny. When we docked at the port of Rome, we met up with some people who sailed with Celebrity.  As we were talking,  I thought to myself how funny it was that they probably  (most likely) paid considerably more to sail just to end up at the same place. Carnival,  Celebrity,  Cunard...Rome was  still Rome. As was Barcelona,  Italy, Greece...

 

But then again, I cruise for the ports.  I care little about the "on board" experience. 

Clearly.

 

In my experience, cost isn’t as important as convenience and personal preferences. You may have paid less than the passengers on Celebrity sailing to the same ports but you did not have the same onboard experience. Vacation time is limited — why waste it on something that can not accommodate your needs?

 

Celebrity has more experience in the area and is likely to provide a more enriching and personalized sense of immersion that you will not find on a Carnival cruise in that region.

Edited by xDisconnections
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Clearly.

 

In my experience, cost isn’t as important as convenience and personal preferences. You may have paid less than the passengers on Celebrity sailing to the same ports but you did not have the same onboard experience. Vacation time is limited — why waste it on something that can not accommodate your needs?

 

Celebrity has more experience in the area and is likely to provide a more enriching and personalized sense of immersion that you will not find on a Carnival cruise in that region.

But she said  it did meet her needs; it got her to the ports. And she further said the shipboard experience was not important to her. You are projecting your values onto another person with a different set of values.

 

As for the more enriching experience, that is really more up to each cruiser to do their research on the ports, especially in Europe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ontheweb said:

But she said  it did meet her needs; it got her to the ports. And she further said the shipboard experience was not important to her. You are projecting your values onto another person with a different set of values.

 

As for the more enriching experience, that is really more up to each cruiser to do their research on the ports, especially in Europe.

As long as the previous poster is happy about sailing on Carnival then I am equally as happy for them 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

As long as the previous poster is happy about sailing on Carnival then I am equally as happy for them 🙂 

Yes. I'm sure you are happy on your cruise line of your choice. So why the need to disparage Carnival?

 

I didn't say anything negative about Celebrity. I just said I didn't need to pay extra for the chance to arrive at the same place. 

Edited by cruizergal70
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

 

In my experience, cost isn’t as important as convenience and personal preferences. You may have paid less than the passengers on Celebrity sailing to the same ports but you did not have the same onboard experience. Vacation time is limited — why waste it on something that can not accommodate your needs?

 

 

In my experience, vacation time is unlimited but funds are not, and with many ports of embarkation, Carnival is very convenient. The water is all the same, as are the ports. For many people the ship is not the destination and all can accommodate my needs. As for wants, I really can't think of any want that is not met. I sail on Carnival by choice. I can't say I need or want fellow passengers that aren't happy with Carnival. Sail on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cruising_Addict said:


Laugh all you want but when Carnival makes the announcement, I will be coming back here to give you a big fat “I told you so.” Remember, the only reason I even commented was because you were emphatically stating that “The Europe sailings for 2021 are still on, without a doubt.” Maybe in the future don’t make false statements and people won’t have to call you out on them. 

 

The people who pull a muscle patting themselves on the back never utter a peep when they were wrong.

 

The sailings are definitely still on as of the moment, and will continue to be on, unless and until they are not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

Lost me on this one Dave.

 

Not sure who Dave is but ...anyway I was trying to make a funny based on your reply in post #111.

 

Jimbo5544:Carnival has at least 4 older ships than Radiance.  Seems lime a big stretch to me.  

 

Sorta like the post where you asked what a tot bag was. Anyway hope you are cruising soon and staying safe.🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

 

Not sure who Dave is but ...anyway I was trying to make a funny based on your reply in post #111.

 

Jimbo5544:Carnival has at least 4 older ships than Radiance.  Seems lime a big stretch to me.  

 

Sorta like the post where you asked what a tot bag was. Anyway hope you are cruising soon and staying safe.🙂

Sorry, thought you were somebody else.  Stay safe as well

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2020 at 11:14 AM, pjhootch said:

I am holding my breath this time.  I have been pretty fatalistic and calm about cruising since we got off the Legend in February.  I was watching news stories about the virus in China while we in the Caribbean - without realizing how lucky we were to be on a cruise in 2020!

 

We were scheduled to be on the Radiance out of Europe in May.  Paid in full with gift cards (airfare too).  30th Anniversary cruise with our three grown children along.  When that was cancelled, I shifted the entire thing including the airfare to the Legend in September 2020.  That didn't last another month or so before it was cancelled, and then I chose the Legend in September 2021.  I thought that surely by 2021 we would be able to cruise again, right?  lol

 

I am really hoping the 2021 European cruises go forward.  Jimbo is correct that no one knows at this point.  We can only guess- how we talk or think about possible future cruising is probably based more upon our own personalities than anything else.  I would be fine if they slapped a bandage on the Victory and sent her back to sea to cruise around Europe instead of turning her into the Radiance.  I think she is already too torn down for that,I  however. Just a pipe dream.  I loved the Victory. 

 

I will just wait and see what happens.  It might make financial sense for Carnival to not invest in Europe in 2021 depending on how things go.  We just have to wait and see.  I get frustrated at not knowing, especially as my final payment date approaches for a November cruise I am certain will be cancelled.  But there is no point in being angry with Carnival.  

 

Hi

We were scheduled to be on the Radiance May 9.

 Like you we had everything booked.

After the cancellation, I change everything to the

Legend October then to May 2021.

But if Carnival cancel Europe we will still going on

our 25 days trip, checking  MSC cruises or maybe a tour.

Isa

Edited by Isasprings
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2020 at 3:14 PM, Moviela said:

Europe is not accepting Americans at the moment unless you are a critical worker, or endure a 14 day lock down on arrival. 

 

They may be looking at the pax density compared to what European rules will accept. It can be different for each country too.

 

It is difficult to guess what any one authority will demand to allow business to continue.

I am booked on the Legend Sept 2021, and I am Canadian.  Europe is accepting Canadians, and I do believe at the moment we would also  have to self isolate for the mandatory 14 day period....... and when I try and search for a "European Cruise" on the website, none exist at the moment.  I hope it is just a glitch 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southerngirl8 said:

I am booked on the Legend Sept 2021, and I am Canadian.  Europe is accepting Canadians, and I do believe at the moment we would also  have to self isolate for the mandatory 14 day period....... and when I try and search for a "European Cruise" on the website, none exist at the moment.  I hope it is just a glitch 

They have removed them for capacity control.  There may e some ship changes due to dry dock schedules.  Cruising to Europe is still on.  We will see.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cruisesfun65 said:

 

Luckily July 25th is also available. 

My mistake. I was just looking at cruises from Barcelona.

Looks like they are all back from May17th.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...