Saint Greg

princess76021

Dearest SG, my husband wants to thank you for your review because it kept me occupied for a while!  Now whenever I start crying about not cruising he tells me go read your reviews!  You've become my best cruising friend ever! Thank you, thank you!!

I will start reading the rest! Thanks for saving my cruise sanity!! 

Hugs from Texas!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, princess76021 said:

Dearest SG, my husband wants to thank you for your review because it kept me occupied for a while!  Now whenever I start crying about not cruising he tells me go read your reviews!  You've become my best cruising friend ever! Thank you, thank you!!

I will start reading the rest! Thanks for saving my cruise sanity!! 

Hugs from Texas!!!

Thanks! That’s great to hear! Hopefully many more to come. I have hopefully some more Vistas coming. I just booked Freedom for Alaska yesterday in late April/early May. And I have Mardi Gras next August.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Thanks! That’s great to hear! Hopefully many more to come. I have hopefully some more Vistas coming. I just booked Freedom for Alaska yesterday in late April/early May. And I have Mardi Gras next August.

Wonderful!!! We will be on the Freedom in September!!! Hugs from Texas!!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Well look at you!!  Admire your confidence   😉     Really hope we are sailing!!!

19 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Well look at you!!  Admire your confidence   😉     Really hope we are sailing!!!

Well my Vistas are basically cheap cruises paid for by gift cards I had laying around. Worst case my gift cards turn into FCCs with OBC. Best case I get the three cheapest 7 day cruises I’ve booked.

Alaska is my FCC from my canceled Aruba cruise. The OBC is going to come in handy because what I thought were expensive excursions on other cruises are the cheapest excursions in Alaska.

I feel decent about Alaska because JH is on it. He’s been holding off on announcing a cruise and now that he has I feel like he feels good about it.

Mardi Gras I booked a year ago. It’s my regular late August cruise.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Well my Vistas are basically cheap cruises paid for by gift cards I had laying around. Worst case my gift cards turn into FCCs with OBC. Best case I get the three cheapest 7 day cruises I’ve booked.

Alaska is my FCC from my canceled Aruba cruise. The OBC is going to come in handy because what I thought were expensive excursions on other cruises are the cheapest excursions in Alaska.

I feel decent about Alaska because JH is on it. He’s been holding off on announcing a cruise and now that he has I feel like he feels good about it.

Mardi Gras I booked a year ago. It’s my regular late August cruise.

Oh Greg, I'm sorry if my post rankled your feathers, not at all my intention.    I was actually commenting on the optimism you show.   I'm also hoping we are all cruising again by the early part of next year, I myself have 2 scheduled so far.   I sincerely apologize if I came off sounding condescending in any way.

1 minute ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Oh Greg, I'm sorry if my post rankled your feathers, not at all my intention.    I was actually commenting on the optimism you show.   I'm also hoping we are all cruising again by the early part of next year, I myself have 2 scheduled so far.   I sincerely apologize if I came off sounding condescending in any way.

Nah it didn't do anything to my feathers. I don't even have feathers. I do have a friend with a parrot though. Just saying if you think I'm confident to be throwing money at cruises I'm not. I'm just playing with gift cards and FCCs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Nah it didn't do anything to my feathers. I don't even have feathers. I do have a friend with a parrot though. Just saying if you think I'm confident to be throwing money at cruises I'm not. I'm just playing with gift cards and FCCs. 

Oh good, you're one of the good guys on these boards.     Yep, those gift cards we've all been collecting are use it or lose it at this point!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Oh good, you're one of the good guys on these boards.     Yep, those gift cards we've all been collecting are use it or lose it at this point!!

Exactly. And I have a big GC coming Wednesday from my canceled Breeze cruise.

5 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Mine is waaaayyyy over due.   My June cruise was cancelled in early April, and still no refund.   Most of the blame goes to my (now ex) travel agent!!!

Oh I kind of have that going with my Magic cruise. My Breeze cruise I booked. That's why my GC is coming to me. My Magic cruise which was booked through a TA and canceled in June I have not gotten the refund. TA said Carnival was going to send me a GC. I finally called Carnival on Saturday. They told me it was processed on July 6th and the GC was likely sent to my TA since they booked the cruise. So my TA is trying to find the gift card or they have to call Carnival and trace it. It's not time sensitive because that is just going to go on that Alaska cruise which is also booked through that TA. They just have to locate it.

Edited by Saint Greg

10 minutes ago, ULCajunCruiser said:

Yeah, I understand the benefits of a TA.   I'm just pretty soured on them right now.   I finally bypassed mine and went to Carnival, I'm hoping this week!!!

Glad to hear it's not time sensitive, and at least they're looking.   Good luck

I just use the TA for the OBC. Paying that solo rate I need to take all the breaks I can get. In this case for Alaska it's 10% of my total cruise price coming back in OBC from the TA.

3 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

I just use the TA for the OBC. Paying that solo rate I need to take all the breaks I can get. In this case for Alaska it's 10% of my total cruise price coming back in OBC from the TA.

Yeah, it's a great benefit.   And then you add in your discounted gift cards and you've got yourself a deal.  Nicely done!!

14 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

I wonder how the Cruise Critic algorithm somehow decided to use the photo I posted as a comment for your Dream Live Review?... Things that make you go hmmmmmm...

No clue. I would like to know though. You have good preview pictures and I somehow just have random stuff. The clorox heathcare wipes picture for panorama is probably a good one in retrospect.

• Like 1

On 8/6/2020 at 5:50 PM, BarbG said:

Coaches say Aaron can stay as long as he wants! We will see about that...lol (Brett Favre)

Thanks for the information. It's a repo cruise that I'm looking forward too.  I follow you on Instagram and if I'm ever on the Panorama...it'll feel like home!  Beautiful pics! Thank you

Go Pack Go!!

• Like 1