Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Junkhouse said:

Yes I would. But the most effective preventative is hydroxychloroquine. I know someone who has underlying health issues and will be going back to work in an enclosed area with over 10 people. Their doctor is prescribing the drug as a preventive. Our medical leaders need to be on trial for the misinformation they have given us. Remember they told us masks are ineffective because they didn’t want a run a them? This is the same scenario.

I agree totally. I have dispensed HCQ and its earlier forms from 1968 to 1997 when I retired.  

 

Thousands of doses to people of all ages from all parts of the world...

Never saw or heard of any severe side effects in all those years..

 

Would I or my wife who is still in practice take it..  YES In a heartbeat...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2020 at 7:18 PM, cruisinfanatic said:

Would you really go on a cruise where you were required to wear a mask anytime out of your cabin including ports?

 

A few months ago I would say no.

 

Now I'm so used to wearing it I wouldn't care.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/10/2020 at 7:36 AM, Junkhouse said:

Yes I would. But the most effective preventative is hydroxychloroquine. I know someone who has underlying health issues and will be going back to work in an enclosed area with over 10 people. Their doctor is prescribing the drug as a preventive. Our medical leaders need to be on trial for the misinformation they have given us. Remember they told us masks are ineffective because they didn’t want a run a them? This is the same scenario.

Why chastise the doctors for something that was not known at the time said? This pandemic is worldwide and all new to them as well as us. All of us learning from past mistakes.

What is known is that except for few isolated worldwide so called studies, Hydroxychloroquine is not effective for this virus. Taking it probably won't hurt but just because you don't get sick, you can't say as fact  it was because you took it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2020 at 7:18 PM, cruisinfanatic said:

Would you really go on a cruise where you were required to wear a mask anytime out of your cabin including ports?

Absolutely not.  If the pandemic is strong enough to warrant masks, it's too early to start cruising.  Happy to wait till this has past.  Lots of other safer options for getting away.    

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, I'd cruise with a mask.  I probably see a lot of you people now while shopping, getting gas, church, etc., with a mask, which is a requirement in my state, so what is the difference?  A mask will be a part of the facial decor for a long time regardless of the immediate risk.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

Yes, I'd cruise with a mask.  I probably see a lot of you people now while shopping, getting gas, church, etc., with a mask, which is a requirement in my state, so what is the difference?  A mask will be a part of the facial decor for a long time regardless of the immediate risk.

The difference is that you will be in an environment for a week, with thousands of other people who have just arrived from who knows where, that hardly allows for any type of reasonable distancing. With the type of activities that go on during a cruise a mask is hardly likely to have the same affect as walking through a grocery store, sitting in church, or putting gas into your car. Maybe a mask will provide some sort of sense of security for you from contracting or spreading the virus but in reality it will like do little more than that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DeputyDawg46 said:

I probably see a lot of you people now while shopping, getting gas, church, etc., with a mask, which is a requirement in my state, so what is the difference? 

 

The difference is I am paying a lot of money to have "fun" on a cruise.   I wear a mask when I am required to, but  the level of fun I would have on a cruise in a mask isn't worth it to me.  I'll just get in my Jon boat and float out into the middle of the pond.  Throw the dogs out and let them splash around to get the wave effect.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2020 at 5:18 PM, cruisinfanatic said:

Would you really go on a cruise where you were required to wear a mask anytime out of your cabin including ports?

I'm torn.  I miss traveling so much!  I have flown twice since July and have had fewer issues with the mask on the flights than I expected I would.  So, yeah, I might consider it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Barbara Muckermann, CMO Silversea Cruises
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...