Jump to content

Cruising March 2021???


Recommended Posts

I would love for my family and I to be able to cruise in March of next year.  My PVP called and left a message, wanting to help me in deciding WHEN to book another cruise. I am still AFRAID to book until "maybe" 6 or less months before the cruise, as I don't know what this virus is going to do.  I just don't want to go through all the mess of trying to get ALL my money back again, as I did NOT book any other cruise to get an OBC, which with the virus, does not mean that much to me right now. To top this off, if you can call it that, I wanted to do the Fascination as it was going to St. Lucia, but it is GONE for good now. 😞

Link to post
Share on other sites

I would definitely not book a cruise for March right now. I personally wouldn't book a cruise at all; but think if you were ok with the risk to your deposit if the cruise line went bankrupt that I would at least shoot for late 2021. We were lucky enough not to have any trips booked when all this went down. We had planned to book an international trip that may include a cruise for Feb/march; but we have completely scrubbed that idea. We are shooting for November 2021 now but holding out on booking until things look a bit more solid.

Edited by sanger727
Link to post
Share on other sites

Beshears, I booked for April of 2021 well over a year ago.  Today I would not book that same cruise, even though it is to celebrate a special occasion.

 

I put the FCC and OBC from my cancelled September cruise toward an existing March 2022 booking.

 

I haven't yet decided what to do about the cancelled October cruise.  Fall of next year is the earliest I will even consider.  I am currently in no rush, or frame of mind, to decide.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the last poster got me typing away...... so much talk in here about 'not even thinking of booking until 2022....' and here am I coming up to 75 in April 2021 and [thank God] as fit as a butcher's dog right now, but how fit am I going to be in 2022. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My original cruise in late March of 2020 was obviously cancelled.  I rebooked it for the end of February 2021.  I had no idea at that time that this virus would have us down with no true end in sight!  I really wish that I had cancelled instead of rebooking, but the incentives Carnival offered were too hard to pass up.  Hind sight is always 20/20 though.  Now I almost hope they cancel my Feb. cruise unless we have a good covid vaccine available to everyone who wants it.  I won't feel comfortable cruising without it, and wearing a mask at home when I go out is something I do so I can do my part to kick this virus' butt.  But having to wear a mask whenever I leave my cabin is not my idea of a fun vacation!!!

 

If they do cancel I will wait to rebook this time.  I would eventually put it toward a 2022 cruise with my daughter if they have the same Mediterranean cruise they have on the Legend in the Fall of 2021.  Love to see Greece, Italy, Croatia and Montenegro.  Fingers crossed😉

Edited by arby70
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oulton Jim said:

I think the last poster got me typing away...... so much talk in here about 'not even thinking of booking until 2022....' and here am I coming up to 75 in April 2021 and [thank God] as fit as a butcher's dog right now, but how fit am I going to be in 2022. 

 

I've got that same issue.  I'll hit the three-quarters of a century mark this month.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm booked last 2 weeks of feb and worried it's not going to go. Used fcc to pay for the b2b, so if its cancelled going to make things hard to rebook, booked dec 21 and March 22 also. 

 

My guess is march could be iffy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am booked on Mardi Gras March 13, 2021.  Part of me is hoping we sail part of me is thinking what if something happens and I am stuck at sea for weeks.  I really don't want to be the guinea pig of the cruise line start up.  😞

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, BeachDiva101 said:

I really don't think March 2021 cruising is feasible right now.  I have a cruise planned for May 2021 and I'm thinking that is not a go either.

sooner or later they will realize corona is here to stay and just deal with it as best we can and carry on, i dont see it going away at all.  my guess is sometime early next year the cdc will allow it because we could get it anywhere buses, trains, airplanes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, wingnt68 said:

I am booked on Mardi Gras March 13, 2021.  Part of me is hoping we sail part of me is thinking what if something happens and I am stuck at sea for weeks.  I really don't want to be the guinea pig of the cruise line start up.  😞

hopefully there are cruises that leave before yours,  also they will not let them leave without provisions to be able to dock back.. the worst case is you are stuck onboard for 10 days after the cruise, imo.  not the worst thing in the world, was stuck on one 6 extra days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You also have to consider what the cruising experience is going to be like for next Spring and Summer. The start up will very likely mean mask, social distancing, temp checks, no shows, no gym, long lines to get on and off and so on. It is not for me. This is now way to spend a vacation. I had a cruise booked and took the refund. Could care less about a little OBC. If I need a couple hundred dollars all that bad I will go get a part time job at Wendy's.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HaveWeMetYet said:

You also have to consider what the cruising experience is going to be like for next Spring and Summer. The start up will very likely mean mask, social distancing, temp checks, no shows, no gym, long lines to get on and off and so on. It is not for me. This is now way to spend a vacation. I had a cruise booked and took the refund. Could care less about a little OBC. If I need a couple hundred dollars all that bad I will go get a part time job at Wendy's.

I had to deal with similar thing going to the casino and staying 3 days.  to me it was worth the trouble vs staying home, but thats up to the individual.  id rather go with restrictions then not go at all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I appreciate ALL your replies. I, like a couple others on here, am over the age of 70, but most people think/believe I am about 10 years younger, because of the way I look/act.  I'm thankful to God that I am able to do what I do at my age, as many much younger, cannot do it! I have never done an all inclusive before, and my one son and family have done several, and just came back a couple weeks ago. I don't know if St. Lucia (this is the port I want my children to see why I like/enjoy it so much) will be open, but I just may go that route, even though I would prefer a cruise!  I know this may seem a little silly, but I am "trying" to do what I can now, as I never know what tomorrow will bring in my life!

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, seaman11 said:

hopefully there are cruises that leave before yours,  also they will not let them leave without provisions to be able to dock back.. the worst case is you are stuck onboard for 10 days after the cruise, imo.  not the worst thing in the world, was stuck on one 6 extra days. 

 

Under the conditions the Princess cruisers were quarantined in - yes, quarantined for 10 days in the cruise ship is pretty up there in the "worst thing in the world". They were essentially in a prison - stuck in their cabins all day until their "rec" time where they got to go on deck and waiting for their meals to be brought to them....No, a vacation is not worth the chance of that to me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

Have you ever been in a Turkish prison?

 

Nope, not comparing to a non-American prison. And yes, I realize technically it was better than real prison. But being held captive in a 80 square foot room for 23 hours a day with an hour on deck and being brought food when it's convenient for the employees is a price much much much too high for me to pay for a vacation. 
 

I believe Seaman has been comparing being quarantined on a ship to his experience of being on an extended cruise due to a hurricane where they still have full run of the ship. I agree simply having your cruise and good time extended by a few days isn't the worst thing. Being trapped in a small room all day with limited access to food and no access to entertainment, activities, and fresh air would be terrible. 

Edited by sanger727
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 2:13 PM, firefly333 said:

I'm booked last 2 weeks of feb and worried it's not going to go. Used fcc to pay for the b2b, so if its cancelled going to make things hard to rebook, booked dec 21 and March 22 also. 

 

My guess is march could be iffy.

 

I'm leaving (hopefully)) for two weeks end of February out of tampa, you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Bgcruising said:

 

I'm leaving (hopefully)) for two weeks end of February out of tampa, you?

Well originally had booked b2b jewel and the 2nd week rcl decided to change jewel with liberty. Jewel was booked perfect day in the Bahamas which is what rcl calls their coco cay trip. Its popular but I gave it up and now moved to last 2 weekends of feb on liberty of the seas out of Galveston. 

 

My perfect day in the Bahamas I could have kept and tried to move cancelled week to end of January but it went to jamaica where I did t want to go. Lol I'm not sure where I'm going now they shuffled ships on me twice now. I figured last 2 weeks of feb had better chance of going than last week of jan and first week of feb.

 

I started with 3 ships, 5 cruises on rcl, allure march 22 also got moved to liberty lol. So now I got liberty booked 5 times. Rcl cancelled or postponed terminal 3 in galveston, so terminal 2 is too small to bring in allure, but on one I got a primo corner aft balcony. He had to downgrade me to get it, but I said ok, I'd paid for top balcony class and could have hump balcony, almost all were open or corner aft balcony, hard choice, but I picked aft. 

 

I just want them to stop cancelling me. In between I'm in the process of moving 7 night oct 2020 canc cruise to vista sept 2021. My ta says he has to call back monday they said to move the rest of the money over. 1 ccl and 5 rcl booked right now.

Edited by firefly333
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 8:11 AM, sanger727 said:

 

Under the conditions the Princess cruisers were quarantined in - yes, quarantined for 10 days in the cruise ship is pretty up there in the "worst thing in the world". They were essentially in a prison - stuck in their cabins all day until their "rec" time where they got to go on deck and waiting for their meals to be brought to them....No, a vacation is not worth the chance of that to me. 

well i guess some see it that way , to me its not the worst thing in the world.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 1:33 PM, beshears said:

I would love for my family and I to be able to cruise in March of next year.  My PVP called and left a message, wanting to help me in deciding WHEN to book another cruise. I am still AFRAID to book until "maybe" 6 or less months before the cruise, as I don't know what this virus is going to do.  I just don't want to go through all the mess of trying to get ALL my money back again, as I did NOT book any other cruise to get an OBC, which with the virus, does not mean that much to me right now. To top this off, if you can call it that, I wanted to do the Fascination as it was going to St. Lucia, but it is GONE for good now. 😞

Just booked 8 nite royal caribb. Brilliance in the spring, that goes to St Lucia & Antigua.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...